EXCALIBUR: What sword types does his passive apply to?

Question

Old question, but my interest is a bit renewed with the Helminth upgrade. Also, wiki was not too helpful last I checked. Which of the following does it (or does it not) apply to?:

- sword (aka longsword)

- sword & shield

- dual blades

- blade & whip

- heavy blade

- nikana

- two-handed nikana

- rapier

Edited by (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk

11 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Also, wiki was not too helpful last I checked.

Since Excal's rework when he received his passive, the wiki explained it pretty good:

Excalibur has improved mastery in the Tenno art of the blade, receiving +10% attack speed and +10% damage bonuses for melee attacks while wielding the following weapons:

• Swords, such as the Skana.
  • Dual swords, such as the Dual Skana.
  • Nikanas, such as the Dragon Nikana.
  • Rapiers, such as the Destreza.
  • Bonuses are additive to mods such as Pressure Point and Fury.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Excalibur#Abilities

So yeah... this should answer your question. Pretty straight forward.
Btw. Stance Mods show the melee type they are for. So if you are not sure what type of melee you are using, just check the Stances

1 minute ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

So the rest...?

Uhm... are you for real?

I just posted what Excal's passive does. It boosts damage and attack speed for Swords, Dual Swords, Nikanas and Rapiers.
OBVIOUSLY it doesn't apply to anything else. It's really easy to understand, you know. Why are you thinking it would apply to anything but the listed melee types?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

- sword (aka longsword) - longswords are defined in game as heavy blades, so no

- sword & shield -no

- dual blades - dual swords 

- blade & whip -no

- heavy blade -no

- nikana - yes

- two-handed nikana - no

- rapier - yes

the wiki states it pretty clear btw, I agree with WhiteMarker

Edited by vegetosayajin

I listed longsword for the single-hand sword skin in case it makes a difference.

By logic, Dual Blades, Blade-Whip, and Sword+Shield both utilize at least one longsword n the pair, and heavy blade/2-handed nikana are just bigger variants of longsword/nikana. Just saying, I'm kinda confused why Excalibur's passive would not apply to all I listed since all the types I listed are generally identified as swords before the subtype identifier.

Swords, Dual Swords, nikana, rapier...when we have far more types generally identifiable as swords, his passive's entry feels a little outdated. And thus I ask.

EDIT: I forgot to ask about archmelee swords, but that's unlikely.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

I listed longsword for the single-hand sword skin in case it makes a difference.

By logic, Dual Blades, Blade-Whip, and Sword+Shield both utilize at least one longsword n the pair, and heavy blade/2-handed nikana are just bigger variants of longsword/nikana. Just saying, I'm kinda confused why Excalibur's passive would not apply to all I listed since all the types I listed are generally identified as swords before the subtype identifier.

Swords, Dual Swords, nikana, rapier...when we have far more types generally identifiable as swords, his passive's entry feels a little outdated. And thus I ask.

EDIT: I forgot to ask about archmelee swords, but that's unlikely.

The wiki's up to date on his passive. There is no error there. It is just the listed types. Archmelees don't count, neither does heavy blades despite the Paracesis being something to replace Skaijati for Sentient murderizing.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

By logic, Dual Blades, Blade-Whip, and Sword+Shield both utilize at least one longsword n the pair, and heavy blade/2-handed nikana are just bigger variants of longsword/nikana.

I covered that in my initial answer:
Look. At. The. Stances.

Do Blade-Whips use a Stance from one of the listed weapon categories? No. 
The list tells you exactly what melee type is included. There is no need for such a thing like "What's not included"...

Edited by WhiteMarker

@Grey: That wording just implies far more than the 4 they list.

@White: Key part of blade-whip I was focused on was 'blade', not the 'whip'. I also said 'just saying', ending the questioning and explaining why I was asking in the first place.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

@Grey: That wording just implies far more than the 4 they list.

And yet it only applies to the listed melee weapon types. Excalibur’s passive does not work on individual weapons, it works on categories of melee weapons. So despite the wording, the wiki is still correct in how far the passive applies.

12 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

I covered that in my initial answer:
Look. At. The. Stances.

Do Blade-Whips use a Stance from one of the listed weapon categories? No. 
The list tells you exactly what melee type is included. There is no need for such a thing like "What's not included"...

So hammers are a no?