Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star

Voltage

13 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I know that it comes around every 6-8 months or so, but I feel like it was genuinely forgotten as it's almost October and the last one was in January :(. I need those Forma. It's also going to be really interesting with Helminth abilities.

I'm thinking it'll be a bit different from now on. We used to wonder "Where is this giant infested mega cyst coming from?" Now that we know it's Deimos, but not specifically WHERE or WHAT on Deimos- I'd expect they're aware of that piece... but no one would be upset if they ignored all that and let it run as usual for the sake of its reward tables. Would love to see Plague Star on Earth be mirrored on Deimos to some "origin" effect. I plainly just want to understand Lephantis, see more variations of him and get a tab on the lore piece bringing it all together.....but also, forma. So I could go either way.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)DarknessZeref said:

I'm thinking it'll be a bit different from now on. We used to wonder "Where is this giant infested mega cyst coming from?" Now that we know it's Deimos, but not specifically WHERE or WHAT on Deimos

Has this been said at any point in time? I don't remember any comments like that.

11 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

They only launch plague star when the player base curve took a sharp turn downwards. Since the average player count is fine, I doubt DE will rerun it anytime soon.

People actually like that snoozefest enough to keep coming back?

19 minutes ago, (XB1)DarknessZeref said:

I'm thinking it'll be a bit different from now on. We used to wonder "Where is this giant infested mega cyst coming from?" Now that we know it's Deimos, but not specifically WHERE or WHAT on Deimos- I'd expect they're aware of that piece... but no one would be upset if they ignored all that and let it run as usual for the sake of its reward tables. Would love to see Plague Star on Earth be mirrored on Deimos to some "origin" effect. I plainly just want to understand Lephantis, see more variations of him and get a tab on the lore piece bringing it all together.....but also, forma. So I could go either way.

Uhhh what? Deimos was exposed to the infestation, just like the rest of the star chart. In most of the rest of the solar system everyone is now super vigilant and everyone pitches in to burn it off of their turf. 

Deimos got overrun, just like Eris. So I don't see much reason to to believe that either is more likely to be the source. Yes Lephantis bears a similar design, but Eris has a fleet of vehicles that could be turned into those infested meteorites that "just happen" to have such remarkable aim. And Eris was where both Arlo and Jordas seem to have evolved, perhaps it's a strain that seems to have opted to find alternative ways to spread. 

And there's always the mysterious "original source" to consider. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)DarknessZeref said:

"Where is this giant infested mega cyst coming from?" Now that we know it's Deimos

Vay Hek has connections with Doctor Tengus, the Grineer scientist responsible for the scientific FUBAR in Once Awake. There is probably enough Infestation around the system to not have to go to a place that was untraceable until very recently.

31 minutes ago, -FrutyX- said:

Instead of that, I would actually like to see something new, including a new way to acquire formas, but new .. I know I am asking for too much. 

Hmm. Now I know what to include in a concept way down the line. Tell me FrutyX, do you like spellunking ancient ruins in the desert?

If you listen to Konzu at the beginning of the Plague Star event you'd know exactly where the Plague Star comes from.

It's "A" meteorite that hit the plains, we don't kill it at the end of the event, we just drive it back underground until it gathers enough strength to burst out again.

Back during the Old Blood feedback threads, it was suggested (in a discussion about adding new content to old) that going on from plague star the mines and caves dug by the Grineer could link into the infested tunnels of the Boil as procedurally generated dungeons of infested tunnels, old, now buried Orokin ruins and such full of old Sentient and Orokin war machines, Grineer and Infested.

I'm glad that DE liked that idea enough to add it to Deimos, but I still think it would be amazing under the Plains of Eidolon. 

The miniboss mob fights could include ready made Forma in it's loot table.

So, we would have Plague Star for power farming all the Forma and the "Depths of Infestation" (or whatever) for a more casual forma farm.

(DE can have this idea as well, just keep me in mind if you ever need a new writer ok?)

I don't know, for me the smell of fresh formas hardly stimulates the appetite with the flat, basic, boring, uninspired nature of those recycled star chart mission slapped onto a map much bigger than needed. I'm sincerely hoping for a rework that turns bounties into real open landscape content instead of 500m archwing runs between stationary stages and timers. 

37 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

If you listen to Konzu at the beginning of the Plague Star event you'd know exactly where the Plague Star comes from.

It's "A" meteorite that hit the plains, we don't kill it at the end of the event, we just drive it back underground until it gathers enough strength to burst out again.

That doesn't answer where it comes from at all.

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

That doesn't answer where it comes from at all.

It comes from Doctor Tengus's labs. He is the go to guy for Infestation among the Grineer. He probably has more infested rocks then he knows what to do with.

Vay Hek needs one for his campaign on the plains? Sure, done, just don't bring it back.

2 hours ago, thecolin- said:

Yo, where you been man? Weird not seeing you in the update notes...

Working. I know it's a crazy concept these days, but I do in fact work full time in the same time zone as DE.

On Topic, I'm not really sure where this discussion is going about where the boil comes from or Deimos or Necramechs. I just want the Forma and Neo Relics :/ 

8 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

It comes from Doctor Tengus's labs.

Source?

Got one dude saying we know where it's come from, and then doesn't actually say where it's come from, vaguely making mention of it being underground now (it wasn't at first), and now you're saying it comes from somewhere you haven't sourced, because someone "probably has more infested rocks than he knows what to do with".

Is this a joke?

Archived