Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star

Voltage

30 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Still a moon, not a dwarf planet.

Are you sure?

I also should point out that while it most definitely is lifeless, when it gets closest to the sun, it is possible for the methane deposits on the planet to become gaseous, creating a sort of methane fog. Could it support life with Orokin #*!%ery? Yes. Venus was cooled to a (partial) winter wonderland, so anything is possible in the land of make believe and crazy future tech. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Eris isn't overrun, it is a lifeless rock in space, no atmosphere to breathe. It's the space around Eris, that contains ships that fell to the Infested. The moon itself has not fallen to anything.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Eris is a lifeless moon that can't hold an open world, what with having no atmosphere. It most definitely is not a Corpus world, it is surrounded by a Corpus ship graveyard, the Corpus have never operated on Eris as far as we know.

It actually does have one, just not capable of sustaning life as we know it right now. Ironically Deimos and Phobos have no atmospheres right now. Not sure about the Kuva Fortress but really, it probably shouldn't either.

One way or the other.... we both know that what passes for most things in the location of Eris got overrun, and the whole thing is abandoned to the infestation, with warnings to never venture close, in the warframe universe, right?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

It actually does have one, just not capable of sustaning life as we know it right now.

Could you point me in the direction of a paper that talks about an atmosphere? I haven't been able to find anything about that short of the methane becoming gaseous when it gets close to the Sun.

5 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

Could you point me in the direction of a paper that talks about an atmosphere? I haven't been able to find anything about that short of the methane becoming gaseous when it gets close to the Sun.

Yes, the gases that sublime with temperature do make up an atmosphere, just not one we'd find appealing.

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/dwarf-planets/eris/in-depth/

Deimos on the other hand doesn't have enough of a gravitational pull to even hold dust to it's surface after an impact.

https://mars.nasa.gov/all-about-mars/moons/deimos/

So.... "Orokins" might be the meme for that topic. 

🤷‍♂️ 

6 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

when is scarlet spear returning? make it like the thermia event and finally kill of tridolons please. that game mode is just a toxic elitist hell hole. and this is going from a solo chorma/volt tridolon hunter with 100+ captures. 

Smart hunters fly solo to avoid toxicity. Also, DE definitely don’t want whales leaving the game so I doubt they are brave enough to do it.

I badly need this too. I'm surprised that from 140+ forma I had last PS, I am down to a single digit now. 

Necramechs, yes that will be exciting to do. I already did Tridolons trials and damn, they will change the hunt forever with their inherent knockdown resistance, loved it! Can't wait to try it on Plague  Boss.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yes, the gases that sublime with temperature do make up an atmosphere, just not one we'd find appealing.

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/dwarf-planets/eris/in-depth/

Deimos on the other hand doesn't have enough of a gravitational pull to even hold dust to it's surface after an impact.

https://mars.nasa.gov/all-about-mars/moons/deimos/

So.... "Orokins" might be the meme for that topic. 

🤷‍♂️

By that logic, any Sci-fi franchise that has, currently, IRL non-habitable planet/moon with habitable and with atmosphere because of terraforming is a meme.

43 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

By that logic, any Sci-fi franchise that has, currently, IRL non-habitable planet/moon with habitable and with atmosphere because of terraforming is a meme.

Pretty much. I know that there's also "personal environmental shields" in some sci-fi franchises, that allow people to survive in non-habitable regions regardless of the suitability of the atmosphere for "us".

At the end of the day we just come back to “any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic”.

19 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Are you really this pedantic? The meteroid and the boil are one and the same, when people question where it came from they aren't asking where the boil came from looking for a "from the meteroid" answer. Saying "we know where it came from", despite knowing otherwise is decidedly disingenuous, and completely pointless. We don't know where it came from.

If you can't understand this, I can't make it any simpler.

The worst thing about this is that we're both saying the same thing only in different terms. 

Some of us just like to tell a story instead of just saying "no"

Archived