How bad of an idea is a Magnetic Kuva Nukor and Kuva Seer?

bejuizb

Question

Hello,

I'm back again to ask about how bad of an idea it is to pursue a Magnetic Kuva Nukor and Kuva Seer. My reasoning for considering both was the innate elemental bonuses both weapons get. The Kuva Nukor does innate radiation damage, and with the right mods, I could have it with 140% status chance and firing off Magnetic, Radiation, Viral and Heat damage. From what reading I did on the wiki, those four elements seem pretty good as an all purpose combination. The Seer on the other hand, would have less status at 92% but a lot more crit while also having four elements on it: Magnetic, Viral, Heat, and the Corrosive bolts themselves. 

If possible, I'd appreciate clarification/an explanation on why they would not be a good idea. 

Thanks in advance.

8 answers to this question

The more I think about it, the more I start to think you're onto something with that magnetic nukor. With those elements on it you can easily proc multiple statuses in seconds to an entire group of enemies, making that an excellent status-sprayer gun to use alongside a Condition Overload melee weapon.

Otherwise yeah, magnetic still isn't a very useful element. I'd go for a toxin or heat seer so you can more easily build it for more useful elements.

18 hours ago, Hypnos said:

Magnetic Nukor is second best option after Heat Nukor, idk about Seer :D

Magnetic or Radiation for Kuva Seer are both viable, Magnetic or Heat for Kuva Nukor. I went with Heat but it's really down to preference, there's no wrong answer between those two.

Kuva Seer gets innate Corrosive on it's bullets as they deal an AoE acid splash, so with either Rad or Mag you're able to mod for I/P/S/<Rad or Mag>/Viral/Corrosive/Heat, it comes with decent Crit and Status - it hits like a truck and is fantastic for both dishing out damage and Condition Overload boosting.

Remember that you can have multiple of the same kuva weapon, there is no downside to having a magnetic one in addition to any other one you might have, other than the weapon slot and few forma and potato it costs.

I have 2 Nukors, one of them is magnetic and one is heat. The magnetic one is really useful against Corpus especially, and it also isn't bad against Kuva liches because their shields scale pretty high at rank 5. I think my current magnetic Nukor is modded for viral + heat, while it innately has radiation and magnetic in combination to those. Magnetic procs take care of shields, viral helps with damage against health, heat strips armor and radiation is kinda just there. 4 different status procs is also good for condition overload.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime