Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gilding Modular Weapons Still sucks and I hate it.

Drasiel

I love the performance and versatility of Modular weapons and companions and I absolute hate building and levelling them. The whole "try before you buy" system it uses is completely pointless since you can't take them apart once they are built. You can't customize them fully until they're gilded, you can't even put potatoes into them which would make the initial level to 30 at least bearable. Pets are by far the worst offenders with the 6 new "modular" infested pets being an all time low since unlike moas they don't have a weapon that is modded separately making them even more useless during levelling because of the point crunch on bio pets.

Please just let me put potatoes into these things without gilding them. The Gild system just ruins any fun of levelling up these pets the first time and turns it into a miserable slog. I like levelling everything else in this game but modular items make me want to pull my teeth out. I will complain about his every time you add a new modular item because it's one of my biggest sources of burnout, I don't want to play when it means levelling an ungilded item.

• 3 months later...
On 2020-09-22 at 2:44 AM, Drasiel said:

The whole "try before you buy" system it uses is completely pointless since you can't take them apart once they are built.

I think this is the main issue with modular items for me. Atleast adding an option to swap out any component before the item is guilded would be great. This will only 100% work for guns and melees, since the companions get mods based on specific parts. For companions all other parts should be swappable, though. Excluding that specific mod related issue, I can't see why hotswapping unguilded parts should not be allowed. Perhaps just add an option to the modular vendors where you can swap out one part of the modular item for some standing or a resource and reset the item to level 0. (Not sure if it would be a good idea to require them to be max rank before swapping, but if it does it will atleast force people to try out the weapon till max rank)

Archived