Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Miter: Yes Or No?

FillyRarity

While farming for the Dual Gremlin blueprints I got all of the components for a Miter.

Is it worth building?

Build it for the 3,000 mastery if that's important to you. Even when it's not broken as it is now, it's not really worth using. It's a fun weapon more than an effective one, except I don't personally find it to be all that fun.

I've been kind of wanting to potato mine to see what it's really suppose to feel like, but I just can't bring myself to use a potato on it. The gun really just screams "meh".

If you potato it, it will scream "meh." Without it, it just whispers "meh."

Guest DeadGoanna

I thought the idea was cool but didn't expect to like it as much as I did.

It's a great weapon and can be extremely useful and deadly when used.

I love it now ^.^

When it came out, it worked like a Glaive Gun, shooting blades that bounced around everywhere. It was pretty much exactly like the grineer eviscerator. Now, that worked well for them, because it made their blades hard to dodge. For Tenno, it doesn't really work as well because you'd shoot the first enemy in a group and then the blade would bounce off and fly away. Combined with the charge mechanic, it had great damage but terrible DPS. It also had a clip, which didn't make much sense.

Pretty much everyone who bought the Miter loved the idea but hated the gun itself. It seems that at some point, the whining on the forums was heard. It works almost identically to the bow now. Blades don't bounce; instead, they puncture with a full charge. This allows you to shoot Serrated Blade damage through large groups of Infested. It's also possible to shoot the left leg of an enemy, and have it pass through the right leg as well, hitting the enemy twice.
You definitely won't see it on other players very often, but I'd say that it's a stylish choice if you've got some extra slots. It's not a bad gun, just not very popular.

I was using it last night. Went to 25 on Xini with it. It isn't a bad weapon since it will ignore armour and evicerate enemies, but I miss the bouncing thing. You used to be able to fill a hallway with death.

The thing can shoot pretty damn fast though. 

When it came out, it worked like a Glaive Gun, shooting blades that bounced around everywhere. It was pretty much exactly like the grineer eviscerator. Now, that worked well for them, because it made their blades hard to dodge. For Tenno, it doesn't really work as well because you'd shoot the first enemy in a group and then the blade would bounce off and fly away. Combined with the charge mechanic, it had great damage but terrible DPS. It also had a clip, which didn't make much sense.

Pretty much everyone who bought the Miter loved the idea but hated the gun itself. It seems that at some point, the whining on the forums was heard. It works almost identically to the bow now. Blades don't bounce; instead, they puncture with a full charge. This allows you to shoot Serrated Blade damage through large groups of Infested. It's also possible to shoot the left leg of an enemy, and have it pass through the right leg as well, hitting the enemy twice.

You definitely won't see it on other players very often, but I'd say that it's a stylish choice if you've got some extra slots. It's not a bad gun, just not very popular.

Blades not bouncing is a glitch. Glaive bounces are seeing issues at the moment as well.