Kill 4 dargyn pilots before they hit the ground melee riven challenge not unlocking

(XBOX)Jindra78

You have to kill them while they are suspended in the air. Multiple warframe abilities can be used to suspend them. For example, Titania's 1 works very well. You can find some dargyn pilots chilling on a beach near Cetus entrance right near the gate. There is no need to chase them when they are flying around. This is one of the fastest and easiest challenges.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Jindra78 said:

I have this melee riven and the kills on the dargyn riders arent counting. I realize there are different flying enemies in the plains, I look for the matching name and it just doesnt count towards completion 

You have to make sure that they don't die from the dargyn blowing up, also don't kill them while they are on the dargyn. It is indeed a hard challenge, I actually don't like this particular one and have decided to just sell any riven that pops up with that challenge so I don't have to do it.

Simply load an ignis run around cetus and listen for them. Very distinctive sound when one loads into the game or is already flying around close by.

Once you have it in sight just run and get underneath it and fire upwards with the ignis. 9 out of 10 times this will destroy the dargyn and kill the pilot as they fall.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

You have to make sure that they don't die from the dargyn blowing up, also don't kill them while they are on the dargyn. It is indeed a hard challenge, I actually don't like this particular one and have decided to just sell any riven that pops up with that challenge so I don't have to do it.

That's your choice but I personally found rivens hard at first but upon trying found that many of the challenges actually push a player to think about their gameplay through knowledge of what frames have an ability that can be used to make a riven challenge easier. 

We all have favorite frames but the frame of choice is often unsuited to the tasks given if that is the case then think further and find a weapon that works. you can also use the archwing and use a tigris for example. That double shot mechanic on the tigris allow a player to press the button to shoot the dargyn then release the button a tiny fraction of a second later to shoot the pilot. this works perfectly when you whizz to the dargyn from behind.

Just two easy methods out of maybe dozens of options to do just this one riven challenge.

I always use a Slow Nova and the alt fire of the Nagantaka crossbow. Just slow them, get into their back, perform a projectile jump towards them and unload the Nagantaka into them. Works very well. Only if the Dargyn flies a weird angle, it sometimes won't register. Always make sure to attack them from the rear. Good luck!

Archived