Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game unresponsive after interacting with chat [Fixed]

Sludgetron

This has happened twice today and I've never encountered this bug before.

After switching to trade chat, I've lost all control over my character and the UI has become totally unresponsive, including some parts vanishing. Both times it happened, I was switching back to trade chat that had already been open for awhile (5 min or so). Once was from switching to trade chat from another chat channel as soon as I entered my dojo, and the other was after closing the trade interface and trade chat already being the selected tab, also while in a dojo.

As I was typing this it happened again. I entered my dojo and switched to trade chat, UI totally unresponsive, can't press any buttons at all and have to alt F4.

And now a fourth time. This is how I reproduced it:

Open trade chat for a min or two in orbiter, enter dojo, switch to trade chat. That's it.

• Happened today while loading in a mission. I "ctrl+tab" to move my chat to show the "squad chat channel" while loading in.
  • Doing so causes the chat tab to freeze, as well as restrict movement inside the mission.
    • The squad forced extracted me luckily as they started the count down.
    • While hoping that after the mission is done it will somehow get fixed I waited. 
    • Out on the Orbiter I still cant move. 
  • I have to close the game... 

+1 same issue here. Has happened 10+ times while trying to play tonight.

Here are some examples of when it happened:

I thought it was just trade but even when I was doing tridolon it would bug when we loaded into Cetus. Had to shut down my game since I couldn't click anything or bring up pause menu.

Another instance I would just load into the match and I'd load in frozen. Waiting for the mission to finish wouldn't change anything and I'd still be stuck. Chat wasn't even open in this scenario.

Sometimes it would happen just randomly while I was in my orbiter or during a mission.

I quit playing for tonight can't even run a mission without having to close the game and load up again. Gamebreaking bug tbh, can't even play

Happened to me three times, differently.

Once, when minimizing from a whisper. Again, when switching tabs in chat while chat was scrolled up, switching back to scrolled up chat froze it.  Lastly, when I entered a mission my chatbox disappeared and the last message froze on the screen in white.

I first got this bug after entering chat, then exiting and it froze my screen, and then I was gonna go to Hyrdron to do some affinity farming, but I wanted to switch my gear so when I left the solar system screen my game just didnt let me move, or look around or click on anything, same bug. They need to release a hotfix pretty soon cuz this freaking sucks.

Yup this is happening to me as well im not even in a mission either im just scrolling through recruit chat looking for a radshare and it keeps freezing (not using any keys to switch tabs literally just using my mouse)

I have recently encountered several instances of a bug in which the client stops responding properly to inputs. Without warning (but usually shortly after I switched from one chat tab to another), the game would stop responding to keyboard inputs in the chat window. I could not close the window or type. While I was able to go to Navigation despite that frozen chat window, I could not select a mission, nor could I subsequently do anything else from there (including opening menus or leaving the star chart screen). The game hadn’t fully crashed (graphics and music were unaffected), but I nonetheless had to Alt+F4 and restart. This happened a few times in quick succession today (within the span of an hour or two), all while interacting with chat in some way, in various tabs.

As I’d only recently reactivated the trade chat tab, however, I suspected this might have something to do with the presence of trade chat; I subsequently deactivated the trade chat tab again in Settings, and I don’t believe I have encountered this particular issue since. 

The reports linked below also sound potentially related:

A version of this bug has certainly been in the game for as long as I remember. But it never happened to me frequently. Just once in a while (let's say not every week, but at least every month). I never was able to find a pattern indicating what causes it.  But judging dfrom the reddit thread it suddenly got a lot more prevalent.

Archived