Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xaku should keep some spectral image of their armor/attachments/syandana while under the effect of Vast Untime

Wylk

As the title says, it feels pretty bad that no matter how much effort i put into my Xaku fashionframe, carefully selecting a color scheme, armor pieces and syandana for them, it's all for nothing cause their core gameplay focuses on keeping their Vast Untime skill up at all times, which removes their syandana and attachments, as well as making most of their color schemes which belong to the armor pieces above their skeleton body irrelevant.

If at least some sort of distorted/spectral image remained of those things it wouldnt feel as bad.

Alternatively, i think swapping it out so that they start in their skeleton form and when you cast their 4th skill the armor pieces come flying towards them and attaching themselves to them, instead of the inverse of the pieces flying out of their body, would also be a good way to get around it.

As it stands, one might as well only personalize the emissive and energy colors of xaku and leave it at that.

Spoiler

Some screenshots to illustrate my point

0605e5f4c3.png

644e25ad96.png

Thanks for your time reading this input!

hace 1 hora, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 dijo:

Y’all really want to get rid of the skeleton mode.

Art team worked hard on it, man.

The skeleton could still somehow keep some semblance of the syandana and attachments so that putting those in is more useful tho

Syandana maybe, but rest no, the whole point is that everything blows up from the mechanical skelly base. Hell idk why the dodge animation doesnt disjoint the armor/attachments along with the rest of the non-skelly bits since history has shown that attachment points aint hard linked to animation bones.

• 2 weeks later...

This would be a nice addition. I play Xaku a lot and the hard work into putting each attachment on just disappears. I wouldn't mind it slowly forming back over time. As the duration decrease more parts come back one by one or have all the broken parts stay on you but have the opacity turn low so it is see-through.

On 2020-09-22 at 6:28 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Y’all really want to get rid of the skeleton mode.

Art team worked hard on it, man.

IMP any changes that nullify cosmetics are a terrible design. I like to make my frame(s) look in a specific way. I do not want to lose that when I play the frame. In fact, I only play frames I like how they look.  

Also: "Art team worked hard on it," is not this the definition of sunk fallacy? The fact you spent time on something, does not mean it is good or valuable.

DE could at least give the option to toggle on and off. This way I get to choose. Cuz my only choice right now is I could care less about Xaku. I will be in the skeleton mode all the time and the skeleton mode is ugly as f***. Is not this is a bigger waste of the art and the dev team work, that could be solved by a toggle?

• 9 months later...
On 2020-10-02 at 11:27 AM, (PSN)thegarada said:

IMP any changes that nullify cosmetics are a terrible design. I like to make my frame(s) look in a specific way. I do not want to lose that when I play the frame. In fact, I only play frames I like how they look.  

Also: "Art team worked hard on it," is not this the definition of sunk fallacy? The fact you spent time on something, does not mean it is good or valuable.

DE could at least give the option to toggle on and off. This way I get to choose. Cuz my only choice right now is I could care less about Xaku. I will be in the skeleton mode all the time and the skeleton mode is ugly as f***. Is not this is a bigger waste of the art and the dev team work, that could be solved by a toggle?

Agreed...we spend plat on accessories and armor, and they make a frame with a playstyle that literally removes everything you spend time or money on 90% of the time for sake of keeping your buffs and guns up

It is a bit of a turn off for me that it's optimal and easy to spend all my time in skelly form when the base form is one of my top two or three favorite frame designs.  Having the attachments apply would help some, although it doesn't directly address my issue with it.

4 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Ah, so something like the Gara glass toggle we totally got, then.

Oh my, sword of vorpal sarcasm has been revealed...

kill bill GIF

Archived