Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Medallions and Conclave | Can't get rep if nobody is playing.

rainy

I'm trying. It's just me. Nobody is playing conclave, and I want to unlock the stuff, but I can't start a single game if it's just me.

That one guy who went through conclave had people to play with, I don't. Make Universal Medallions redeemable with Teshin.

7 hours ago, VhwatGoes said:

I actually got a match some minutes after the post, but when I left to change my gear (because amazingly that's the only way) I only queue into dead lobbies. I guess I'll just wait another 20 minutes for people to show up.

Yeah, that's sadly not the only problem. Queueing passively while doing something else in the Orbiter/hubs would help a ton, too. Also, while sitting in the lobby, not even Trade and Region chats are enabled, it's no wonder people don't have much patience waiting there.

But try in a few hours in EU, should have more players then. It's easier to hop into ongoing matches in the regions' respective evenings.

29 минут назад, (PS4)Hooligantuan сказал:

I haven't even seen a Universal Medallion yet.

Whenever there's new relics i go to Disruptions, quite possibly i've done like 100 rotations C, and i ever got like 4 medallions.
Not complaining tho, it's a trash reward, would like to see it removed completely.

Good luck with that. DE has already given us several different ways to farm the other syndicates, but for some reason they are adamant about locking all the Conclave content behind a gamemode that is virtually dead. A real shame if you ask me, because some of the conclave offerings are actually interesting.

If you want to actually play it then join the community Discord for it and find matches through there. Still takes time to get one set up but it's better than playing russian roulette finding empty lobby after empty lobby.

Edit: It also seems that a lot (most?) active players don't even use the matchmaking system. Instead it seems that they add as many players they can find and join active lobbies through their friends list.

21 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

Good luck with that. DE has already given us several different ways to farm the other syndicates, but for some reason they are adamant about locking all the Conclave content behind a gamemode that is virtually dead. A real shame if you ask me, because some of the conclave offerings are actually interesting.

At the time, it was because the logic held out: it did not make sense to get PvP rewards from grinding PvE. It would be like if you could unlock Elite Smash in Super Smash Bros (a special PvP lobby only the top 20% of the player base can access) just by grinding Classic Mods and World of Light (the PvE modes). Using Universal Medallions on Conclave felt like that

Of course, that was last year, when it was actually possibly to play Conclave at all

On 2020-09-22 at 4:28 PM, trst said:

It also seems that a lot (most?) active players don't even use the matchmaking system. Instead they add as many players they can find and join active lobbies through their friends list.

I'll have to try this. It feels like such a closed system :sadcry:

On 2020-09-22 at 3:42 PM, Kontrollo said:

But try in a few hours in EU, should have more players then. It's easier to hop into ongoing matches in the evenings of the regions' respective evenings.

I'll try again later tonight, you're probably right.

The UI is also a little messed up when you load in. The whole mode is kinda decrepit, isn't it?

8ayHG8j.jpg

• After my first match finished, my long list of daily challenges disappeared, so I had to do random stuff to find out what achieve, like killing airborne dudes.
    • You can only see your challenges outside of matches
  • Atlas's big rock-man skin doesn't hide his shoulder when you ADS, so it's impossible to see anything. Again, the only way I could change this was by leaving the game
  • +Mobility is a ridiculous stat.
  • Any projectile-based weapons are ruined by the netcode, which frequently lets you die around corners.
  • Stances are wayyy stronger than stance-less melee, and I've heard there are a few offensively powerful melee weapons that break the fun.
  • I'm convinced queues are broken. My first populated match quickly filled with 5 players, but requeueing never put me back into the same match after quickly changing gear.

On 2020-09-22 at 5:50 PM, VhwatGoes said:

I'm convinced queues are broken. My first populated match quickly filled with 5 players, but requeueing never put me back into the same match after quickly changing gear.

Make sure you check what the server's MoTD is: you might have landed in the same lobby after changing gear, but everyone else left after that one match.

Alternatively, keep exiting and re-entering. The game doesn't seem to dump people into the same server twice, but cycles through. Eventually, you should end up where you started. It might take a little bit to go around the circle, though.

1 minute ago, VhwatGoes said:

... The UI is also a little messed up when you load in. The whole mode is kinda decrepit, isn't it? ...

Well, they haven't bothered fixing obvious problems, bugs and (PvE-caused) balance issues for months to years. And of course there would be a list of obvious things they could improve beyond that.

That said, while there was never a lot of time dedicated to it in the first place, gamplay-wise it was in a decent state some years ago.

DE's moving all of the Mods out of Conclave and adding them to PvE. The literal only thing that's likely going to stay there is the Cosmetics, and who cares about those?

There's not much reason to keep Conclave around, but there's really not much reason to take it out either. A few people still enjoy it, and it's not like it's taking up a huge amount of DE's time or anything, so why not just ignore it?

I would personally prefer it to be removed but I'm not exactly itching for that removal either, it really doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

To what end? Removing content that people enjoy? The content that harms no other part of the game? 

DId you read the rest of my post? I do want it personally removed, but it's not like it's harming the game or anything and a few people enjoy it, so I'm not up in arms about it or anything. I just don't really see the point of it.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

DId you read the rest of my post? I do want it personally removed, but it's not like it's harming the game or anything and a few people enjoy it, so I'm not up in arms about it or anything. I just don't really see the point of it.

I did read your post. That's why I'm asking you why you want it removed.

you know how to fix this? here:

step 1. remove the conclave. crush it, burn it, eviscerate it and wipe it completely from the face of the earth. if someone asks, Conclave was never actually a thing and they're talking crazy. 

step 2: replace Conclave with a new Teshin-run Syndicate that works similar to Nightwave in layout, but with different objectives and no expiration. instead of credits, completing challenges in PvE for Teshin yields Universal Medallions.

step 3: make Universal Medallions TRULY universal now conclave is dead, so that people can use them for open worlds and whatever else they'd rather not grind for at that particular moment.

Step 4: GROFIT. 

Archived