Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix 29.1.2 + Hotfix 29.1.2.1

[DE]Rebecca

No need to yell at me, I already know this is an unpopular opinion, buuuuuut I, in general, have no problem with the Helminth resources. It's supposed the be lategame. I'm a lategame player, I've had no issues. The one exception is Asterite - 5k is absurd. I played a TON of Railjack and I have nowhere near that.

ok so ive been like, kind of enjoying this bug for a while, but im kind of disapointed that it hasnt been fixed yet, Ive tried telling people countless times but like, nothings happened yet

Basically, Mirage Dopplegangers are broken as #*!% right now, and are "double-dipping" on your weapons mods. You can super easily test this by simply using a weapon with High CC, shooting an enemy while it ONLY has a +CC% mod on it (point strike, true steel, etc) then using a Doppleganger with the exact same weapon and shooting an enemy. youll notice that the Doppleganger almost always gets red crits, even though that should be physically impossible for most weapons.

I've been having fun just doing stupid meme S#&$ with this for a while and telling everyone, but like... literally no one #*!%ing cares it seems, because... its Mirage... and no one plays Mirage (except me, i main her, even before this bug was a thing)

12 minutes ago, ItsHesus said:

ok so ive been like, kind of enjoying this bug for a while, but im kind of disapointed that it hasnt been fixed yet, Ive tried telling people countless times but like, nothings happened yet

Basically, Mirage Dopplegangers are broken as #*!% right now, and are "double-dipping" on your weapons mods. You can super easily test this by simply using a weapon with High CC, shooting an enemy while it ONLY has a +CC% mod on it (point strike, true steel, etc) then using a Doppleganger with the exact same weapon and shooting an enemy. youll notice that the Doppleganger almost always gets red crits, even though that should be physically impossible for most weapons.

I've been having fun just doing stupid meme S#&$ with this for a while and telling everyone, but like... literally no one #*!%ing cares it seems, because... its Mirage... and no one plays Mirage (except me, i main her, even before this bug was a thing)

Errmmm, not quite :D. If you want to up your angst a bit, slap on a Iggy with her, and then light off her Dopples of Doom. Plenty of meme bait for ya.

9 hours ago, --Q--Neurofrost said:

After the 29.1.0 update the exposure seems to greatly increased and there are graphical anomalies shown upon viewing Profiles.
This bug hasn't been addressed yet, could you perhaps look into that.

To be specific, he's referring to mission mastery not showing up when viewing other peoples profiles and kitgun barrels showing up as an additional item to master when youve already mastered them

I don't know what is causing this problem but when running an isolation vault bounty in Heart of Deimos, there will be occasional delays in the start of the mission where you need to reach to the bait station first before gathering the residues.

Specifically, this seems to occur during the second or third phases where the game indicates an area to reach but when everyone in the squad enters it, the game would not progress to the next step. It isn't game breaking as it would normalize itself after 10 minutes of waiting or when someone heads to the residue areas and does something (I think?). But it is annoying to encounter this bug, especially when you are on a timer.

Another thing that I noticed during the Heart of Deimos playthrough is that I still cannot spawn archwing with a necramech in the map. I tried to switch to the archwing when I left one of the vaults to reach another destination but I kept receiving the message of invalid spawn even when I switched location on foot. This almost never happens when I was in orb vallis or in Plains of Eidolon when testing the necramech but admittedly, I didn't stay in those maps longer than 30 minutes.

Here's hoping that the next patches would address these issues.

9 hours ago, Quimoth said:

still no fix for the ultimate fishing bug which you cannot unstuck out of or do anything (except for aborting the mission)

I managed to get out of this one by waiting for something to come and kill me. Glass enemies seem to be particularly good at this since the glass fissure will usually spawn not too far from you. It's not ideal but at least it's one way to salvage all your hard-earned fish until this gets fixed.

8 hours ago, Juliuszeks said:

Flowers from helminth still stuck inside textures.

Mine actually magically are visible as of after the hotfix. I had two that were mostly hidden and now they are proud and free in the same spot (above the subsumed frame). Maybe the spots are being fixed and they have not gotten around to yours yet.

5 hours ago, CA_Tomy_The_Kid said:

primary kitguns are supposed to not give mastery or it is a bug? now they appear on ''primary'' tab while looking equipment but don´t give mastery

DE introduced the Primary Kit-guns into the profiles finally.

Equip your MR 30 Primary Kitgun be the host and try it on Deimos mine worked on Deimos, go out the door and let it close and turn around and go back in and check your profile if that fails next shoot some enemies then go back in through the Gate. if it still doesn't work it sounds like a DE fix for those that it didn't work with.

It worked for myself and some others so far, they now show up as mastered in my profile but no MR points, we must have got them when we first ranked them up,  Though I think DE mentioned they were only giving the primary Kit-gun to us so we could also use the gun in our primary slot and wasn't going to award MR for the primary Kit-guns only MR for the Secondary Kit-gun Chambers.

How I worked it out I remembered back to the days of Orb Vallis when the K-Drives weren't showing MR in players profiles, we knew they were correct, to fix them we just equipped the K-Drive went out into Orb Vallis did a trick or two on them then back into Fortuna which made them show as Mastered in our profiles.

5 hours ago, RedNaW said:

I believe they are placeholder for future deimos kitguns

DE added Primary Kit-guns to the profiles finally. Read above with my copy and paste I wrote up. So many players asking.

18 hours ago, I.V.A.R.A said:

You forgot to change Bile... again... 

MR29 player with 6,000 hours in game... can barely do anything now because of Bile. 

Nothing wrong with bile, I'm not having a problem, though if players speed run through missions then I guess players would have problems with resources. 

Your in-game hours in your profile doesn't show 6000 hours it only shows me (2922 hours). Unless there is something that's not counted like multiple accounts or you restarted WF with a new name. I'm 15000 away from MR 30 with (6089 hours) all it shows is we have no life. HAHAHA

Edit:
You must be using Steams stats, so disregard the above, my in-game WF stats tab show 6000 but in steam is 11680 hours.

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Disabled Ordis Transmissions while in the Helminth screen. Our trusty Cephalon must be shielded from this room. 

This isn't working for me.  I just logged in and Ordis is still blocking me from seeing anything on the right side of my screen.  I just blindly subsume and infuse abilities because who knows what they cost.  In general, I already know the answer: "Too damn high".

3 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Nothing wrong with bile, I'm not having a problem, though if players speed run through missions then I guess players would have problems with resources. 

Your in-game hours in your profile doesn't show 6000 hours it only shows me (2922 hours). Unless there is something that's not counted like multiple accounts or you restarted WF with a new name. I'm 15000 away from MR 30 with (6089 hours) all it shows is we have no life. HAHAHA

Ok, not necessarily the place, but I'll take a swing.

There is an issue with Bile.  There's no contesting this...because the math is simple.  Let's say you are actually using the Helminth system to iterate and try changing powers on a frame.  How many abilities using Bile could be applied?

Well, if you're subsuming it's between 47% and 80%.  Not ideal....but that's a one time cost, right?  Well...then you've got the costing for applying abilities.

The cost to apply an ability with Bile ranges from 10% to 77%.  Ouch.  This means only a couple of times a day...right?

Now we get to the costing schemes.  30% with a 24 hour wait...when subsume is a 23 hour wait.  That means no subsuming two Bile heavy frames in a day if you experimented the day before, and definitely not if you determined that you wanted to experiment.  Ouch.

But I'm wrong.  All resources function like Bile.  It's not an outlier.  Wrong.  The problem feeds back to what resources and quantities are required.  Thermia is a timed drop.  Copernics drop in such a way as to require 10+ runs to earn the required amount for a single usage.  Fresnels drop in single digit quantities, but require 1000 to get an infusion.  30 excavators need to be run for cryotic.  Somatic fibers drop one at a time rarely from enemies on a single mission node.  This means the options for resources to feed are poor, and the very structure of diminishing returns is a joke.  30%-15%-3%.  So you're telling me if I want any single resource to fill a phantom second resource I need to feed it 21 helpings?  That's more argon crystals than it took to build a railjack....and people lost their cool over that.  Don't worry though, you can also feed it 75 basic sentient cores, to reset it from 3% to 15%.  Are you kidding me? 

I'm happy that you aren't put out.  I'm not happy that you're selling this as fine.  I say this as a veteran, but because I hate the system.  It's a daily feed of 1 frame and the resources to replenish what was lost, and no usage.  It's just another instance of frame fighter.  Go out, scan items to unlock frames, and then forget the system exists once done.  Lord knows it's not giving us power.  It's not a reward for experienced players.  It's not a game changer, as all of the powers are being nerfed.  

So why then do I harp on Bile?  I want one promise delivered on.  I want to be able to experiment, and Bile is the main resource where we don't have options to get it in any real quantity.  If I got what I really wanted no ability would cost more than 20% of anything to apply.  That would spur iteration, but instead we have a resource sink that isn't fun.  Say what you will, but if the Helminth didn't exist we'd have lost very little.  If instead it was introduced today, with a real developed economy and test cluster vetting, it would be something I could care about.  Instead we got a rushed mess...and why even engage with something that looks to be about as well positioned as Lunaro?  Something that took priority over rolling out the rest of Railjack.  A system promised for two years before being dumped out.  Call it cynicism, but after getting shocked three times from grabbing the same metal pole you're proving your stupidity by reaching out for it again.  I'd like to think I'm not that stupid, and DE is just being DE.

Archived