Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will there gonna be a new Umbra frame in the future?

Marill136

1 minute ago, selig_fay said:

DE confirmed that they want to develop the Umbra system. This has already been decided. The only question is when it will happen.

simple never, they say alot of stuff and don't deliver or walk back on it. it's been like what, over 2 years now. umbra is exclusive

3 hours ago, selig_fay said:

DE confirmed that they want to develop the Umbra system. This has already been decided. The only question is when it will happen.

Really? That seems an odd thing to do. I dont really want third version of existing frames, Id rather have new ones... Unless their abilities are noticeably different somehow which I doubt. 

1 hour ago, xombob89 said:

Really? That seems an odd thing to do. I dont really want third version of existing frames, Id rather have new ones... Unless their abilities are noticeably different somehow which I doubt. 

They said that it would be a limited run. Not all warframes would get the Umbra Treatment. 

Which lends me to think that the release frames along with Frost will be Umbra. I include Frost because hes the second Primed Warframe in game behind Excal Prime. 

On 2020-09-22 at 1:37 PM, Marill136 said:

I was wonder if DE gonna make more Umbra frame but I know that Volt and Mag getting their Umbra just like Excalibur, I wonder if Frost and Oberon can get a Umbra version of them

Wish they would.  Was a great kore piece and Ballas mentions there bejng more undergoing the transformation.  Though maybe only this Excalibur transformation maintained some level of consciousness while others just became the primes.

Idk

dont take me seriously but im gonna pitch some bad ideas .....umbria wokong , umbria mesa

now coz umbria cast abilitys on its own it summons its own clone so now apart from your operator you have 2 aim bot buddys running around

or umbria mesa periodicly wipes the area of all enimy life

6 hours ago, selig_fay said:

X to doubt its ever gonna happen.

Look at how long it was from the first umbra tease until he actually dropped. 

Then look at how long its been since DE even mentioned it. 

Then look at how no umbra frame has even been teased yet. Yeah they might have said it but i think they either forgot or changed course. I dont think it was that firm a committment to begin with.

But, that doesnt mean i dont WANT more umbra frames.

I think the real question is, why would anyone actually want more umbra frames? First of all, with the snail’s pace at which DE has been releasing new quests, I guarantee you new umbra frames would not come from quests, which means you’ll have to grind for them. Primes are already upgrades over the original that you have to grind (or pay) for. Why would anyone want to grind for a third copy of a frame that is basically just a very slight re-skin of the second copy? Copies you’ll have to invest even more potatoes and forma and affinity in. You’d be wishing for an enormous amount of busy work for yourself, and for what benefit? So your Warframe could run around and pretend like it’s fighting while you play star child? They already had a plan for allowing any warframe to do that anyway with Echoes of Umbra, they just need to figure out if they actually want to implement it or not.

Lore wise it also just wouldn’t make sense. As far as we know, Umbra is unique. He’s not just “excalibur umbra.” He is “Umbra.” I’ve never seen any indication that there are supposed to be other Umbra frames.

I think we all just need to accept the fact that Umbra was just a way for anyone who isn’t a founder (including the entire console player base) to get an upgraded excalibur, and leave it at that.

21 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

And then we have people complaining about how the scavers get in the way.

How to get rid of scarves.

Can I sell the scarves?

They are obviously not ready for endgame.

Team Fortress 2 has hats.

CS:GO has gloves.

Warframe needs scarves.

its possible to get Umbra-fied frames. Still, doing it for all frames would be a stretch for DE. Adding another layer of variant of frames is like our current weapons variety, the old ones are ditched for the new, improved ones. Only choice they have is to bring Exca Umbra consciousness himself into the frame of our choosing. Given how Echoes of Umbra were teased back then, I guess that would be the original intention.

I think Umbra frames are nothing more than stand-ins for Primes, thus I believe we could get Umbra versions of Prime frames that don't make sense.

Examples?

Harrow Umbra instead of Harrow Prime.

Nidus Umbra instead of Nidus Prime.

Revenant Umbra instead of Revenant Prime.

Xaku Umbra instead of Xaku Prime.

But I don't think we would be getting 3 variations (Tenno, Prime, Umbra) for other frames. Excalibur is an exception because there's no way around it if DE are to keep their promise to founders.

Archived