Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Nintendo Switch MicroSD Cards

[DE]Helen

The thing is, DE need to go through several steps to even get to the point where the feature you ultimately want is even viable. That's why no one is expecting it. It is just more productive to ask for the steps first, which are all good things on their own. Dedicated official servers for the main game doesn't get enough love and people should really badger them for them more. There is a dedicated server for conclave that they made available, for private servers, so we know they can get the server code to run 'headless'. There would be work to expand that to all game modes and then have it run on virtual machines, but it isn't that big a leap that they couldn't work towards it as an immediate goal. It has to be made a priority though or they'll never bother with it.

The perfectly valid reasons for how it is stopped being valid years ago, hosting is cheap enough now that they could pay for it even if they were still struggling to save the company. Now they aren't, it is kind of shabby to have us hosting on a tablet computer. 

• Like 1

I had gotten an SD Card with UHS when I upgraded from my 100GB to my 250GB SD Card, but I'm still hoping that the game can be brought back down to fit into system memory soon.

The speed / loading difference is almost unnoticeable to me since I'm always popping off during the load screens to hit the washroom or prepare a coffee or something; I just like how D.E. doesn't HAVE to strive for a small file size, but they do it anyway, and that kind of craftsmanship is really remarkable.

• 1 month later...
On 2020-10-03 at 12:14 PM, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

It's up to Nintendo, unfortunately. I'm sure DE would immediately say yes if it was up to them.

And personally, a transfer to PC wouldn't help me. I transfered to Switch for a reason, so even though it looks nicer in my PC, it doesn't run well... at all. And I don't have the money to flaunt at a gaming PC. I'm already trading my Switch and PS4 Pro for the PS5 since I wouldn't be able to afford it on its own due to the pandemic. And I don't want to spend $3k in performance I can get for $400. Cross save or a one time transfer to any console and PC would be ideal, but it's not up to DE unfortunately.

I’m 100% sure Nintendo won’t say no to cross-saves or a one time transfer. They’re open to cross-play and cross-saves, we’re not talking about Sony here. It’s obvious DE doesn’t want their Switch playerbase to move away to other platforms because they know a lot of Switch players would want to move to PC and the Switch’s playerbase will go down by a lot since there’s no cross-play. They don’t care about the bugs and poor performance we’ve been experiencing with the Switch version. This is my most played game on Switch but it’s been a few months since I played. Will only go back when/if we get an option to migrate our accounts.

You say a transfer to PC wouldn’t help you but that doesn’t mean it won’t help a lot of us. You make it seem like we’re forcing you to move to PC or buy an expensive gaming PC, no one is forcing you to spend money. If you’re happy with the game’s performance then you can continue playing on Switch, a lot of us aren’t satisfied with how the game has been running for a while now and I’m sure I’m not the only one who has stopped playing because of this, however I still check the forums and their twitter in hopes they announce cross-saves or a one time account migration. 

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula
typo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using Nintendo branded/Switch branded Sandisk cards. They 128 and 256 GB variants are pretty common and not too expensive. This is one component you wouldn't want to cheap out on, and I've always had Warframe installed via SD since day 1 in 2018.  The load times are a tad longer (i'll notice some squad members loading much faster) but not significantly so.   

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta