Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple accounts in one Clan

Laihn

Question

I've heard that you can have as many warframe accounts as long they don't interact with each other (not sure if thats true). The thing is that my clan has the rule to have one user on the server per tenno on the clan with his name and everything to keep things organized. But one guy who has two accounts joined recently, and I was wondering if we can invite his two accounts to the clan.

6 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Laihn said:

I've heard that you can have as many warframe accounts as long they don't interact with each other (not sure if thats true). The thing is that my clan has the rule to have one user on the server per tenno on the clan with his name and everything to keep things organized. But one guy who has two accounts joined recently, and I was wondering if we can invite his two accounts to the clan.

This is true enough, in practice. The reason they are against people having alts at all (after all, why not just be able to do what you want, why not have freedom?) are stuff like using multiple accounts to farm stuff like sorties more than once a day, that normally are once a day per account, and then get an advantage on others through trading/selling by trading it all to your main account.

As for main question, I would honestly suggest making a support ticket and asking them if you are unsure, as it sounds like a pseudo-grey area to me, where the decision might be partly based on context.

That's the same thing with the multiple accounts thing as well. If you or someone you know has alt accounts, I always advise asking support first before you do anything you aren't sure about, as I wouldn't say the rules are well defined enough to be certain on most of it. Don't trade between them or use go-between to trade between them is a hard and fast rule, but a lot of the rest depends on the situation from my experience.                   

12 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

This is true enough, in practice. The reason they are against people having alts at all (after all, why not just be able to do what you want, why not have freedom?) are stuff like using multiple accounts to farm stuff like sorties more than once a day, that normally are once a day per account, and then get an advantage on others through trading/selling by trading it all to your main account.

As for main question, I would honestly suggest making a support ticket and asking them if you are unsure, as it sounds like a pseudo-grey area to me, where the decision might be partly based on context.

That's the same thing with the multiple accounts thing as well. If you or someone you know has alt accounts, I always advise asking support first before you do anything you aren't sure about, as I wouldn't say the rules are well defined enough to be certain on most of it. Don't trade between them or use go-between to trade between them is a hard and fast rule, but a lot of the rest depends on the situation from my experience.                   

Thanks! That really helped. I will make a support ticket. Personally I think that having multi-accounts on Warframe is just a huge waste of time, but I can't let down someone who wants to join my clan, so I'm making sure he won't have any problems doing it with both of his accounts.

On 2020-09-22 at 3:44 PM, Laihn said:

Endo rewards from research can fall under "boosting", and could get you in trouble.

Besides, there's no reason for alt accounts. The new player grind still sucks, and now Cetus (divides the Earth in half) and Fortuna (prevents you from dropping a drone) are speedbumps. 

Archived