Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

exillus slot polarity juggling

_Anise_

45 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

allow polarity juggling between exillus slot and regular slots because its a massive investment to unlock, I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed ?

Can you swap polarities between the Aura slot and normal slots? If not, the same would apply to the Exilus slot. They are a “unique” type of slot so they keep their polarity as unique to that slot type.

• I would just like an Aura Forma for the Exilus slot. That would defeat the need to juggle the polarities.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

Can you swap polarities between the Aura slot and normal slots?

you can't put aura mods in regular mod slots but you can put exilus mods in them! because they are just regular mods with a special star (actually regular ones months ago!)

all these slots are is capacity !! they add little to the game, before my gun had 60 and now it has 64 capacity and its "different" because exilus ? adding a utility slot is a great idea, but having its polarity locked its just excuse for timegate (which I don't mind gate for originally unlocking it) but then telling me because mine slot in Y I need to forma my weapon 2 more times, because exilus!!

the system shouldn't need yet another adapter to go into that slot when 2 days already went into the adapter unlocking the slot? its practically already a glorified mod slot. would rather they change to allow the polarity to be moved, it isn't a big ask is it ? to make the game better and have less grind.

an aura forma is the kind of thing I would expect from the game, HUGE grind more investmet into something for a minor advantage, just as stupid and pointless as stance forma (sorry)

Excilus is not Aura it does not have to follow the same rules as aura, but its partically almost works like a regular mod already minus the polarity shifting! so why not ?

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

Can you swap polarities between the Aura slot and normal slots? If not, the same would apply to the Exilus slot. They are a “unique” type of slot so they keep their polarity as unique to that slot type.

• I would just like an Aura Forma for the Exilus slot. That would defeat the need to juggle the polarities.

same. got more than one frame that cannot Forma that slot because one build needs Cunning and another Power..

10 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

Excilus is not Aura it does not have to follow the same rules as aura, but its partically almost works like a regular mod already minus the polarity shifting! so why not ?

Exilus mods are a small group of mods, as are aura mods. Yes, Exilus mods can go in a standard mod slot, but most standard mods won’t go in an Exilus slot. I would say that there is a sufficient difference to warrant a unique Forma. Forget all the time gates, won’t that just be the best solution? Use something like an aura/stance Forma and have all polarities on the Exilus slot.

• I would like everything to just come with a universal polarity in the Exilus slot, but I don’t see that happening.
  • Swapping the polarities is great if you want to run with just a single config. But many people like to use multiple, very different configs. Swapping the polarities would probably cause more frustrations than it solves.

how much time do they expect a player to put into a game to have a "your weapon is silenced now" which effects a handful of frames or slightly faster projectiles that is only a handful of weapons otherwise right now I am looking at 2 more days (forma) to switch the polarity of a exilus and none exilus slots for 2 setups on a single weapon which just feels bad?

maybe the exilus slot should just come with a universal polarity rather than add yet another kind of rare adapter to the game on a slot that has already taken 2 days to unlock?

alternatively maybe they could allow polarity juggling but just allow the polarities to be in different places per config loadout ? drawback to this being if you do a new forma any config but A would have to be wiped and positions reset

Archived