Some controller actions not working (buttons work fine)

EiraRozen

Since the path introducing the new lighting textures (not that I'm blaming the textures I just don't know how better to identify the patch), I've found that I can't open the chat with the left trigger (T works and LT does everything else) nor can I hold down the switch weapons button to enter melee mode in Archwing Missions (this still works in normal missions). Previously everything worked fine. I have since tried resetting my bindings, but this did nothing useful.

I have tried this with both a PS4 and an XBox One controller.

Yesterday and today I noticed an issue where I cannot switch weapons shortly after starting a mission. Once I return to the ship I am able to use the same button as normal. I have had the same issue with an Xbox, PS4, and Switch Pro controller.

Also my LT/LZ does not open the chat. (This is not so much an issue since I typically just use the keyboard/mouse when using chat anyway.)

Is this a bug or is there some in game mechanic that may prevent me from switching weapons? 

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, this problem has evolved over the period of a week until it's pretty much gone.

First I was able to use the chat normally, then I was able to switch weapons. At some point I lost the ability to quick attack while holding a gun (a quick way to switch to melee to avoid the lengthy animation while also enabling auto-block). That too has been fixed though. I didn't change any settings to accomplish this. I have no idea what's going on.

Archived