Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trash rivens

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

Question

From your experience veteran traders, how good is it to buy trash rivens? Is it worth it buying trash rivens and rerolling them or should i just wait till i get a riven for the weapon i want?

Im not asking to sell them for plat im just saying if i want it for certain weapon, for example i want a karak riven, should i buy a trash one or should i try getting it myself.

5 answers to this question

You can 1) pay a very few hundred plat for a riven close enough to the stats you want, to skip the RNG bs, or 2) pay thousands of plat for the exact roll you want, also to skip the RNG bs.

All three are viable options.

I'd choose 1): Karak rivens aren't too popular, but also aren't Stug-unpopular. Overall, Karak rivens aren't pricey.

Not a fan of rolling rivens, because nothing is worse than spending a whole weekend farming kuva and still make ZERO progress towards a decent riven (not even a groll, just a decent one). Personal experience, could've spent that time doing something else in-game, in another game, or in real life, and those rivens would still be with the same stats. Literal waste of time.

Screw that RNG bs.

If it’s not a popular weapon you could get a good roll for relatively cheap.

wether it’s trash or not, a riven for a popular weapon will always be expensive(probably a couple hundred) and good rivens are in the thousands

and If it’s a popular weapon,(unless you need to minmax eidolon hunting) you probably won’t need it

17 minutes ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

if i want it for certain weapon, for example i want a karak riven, should i buy a trash one or should i try getting it myself.

The odds of getting a riven for a particular weapon are very remote, and rivens themselves are rare.  If you want a riven for a particular weapon and can afford the asking price, buy a trash one and roll it.  Kuva and plat can be farmed.  You could do a sortie every day for your entire life and never get a Karak riven.

hace 1 hora, (PS4)Quantaminum dijo:

because nothing is worse than spending a whole weekend farming kuva and still make ZERO progress towards a decent riven

Reminds me of Sabuuchi wasting 250 k kuva on a Stug riven

hace 1 hora, (PS4)Quantaminum dijo:

Stug-unpopular.

Is kuva karak not as popular just because it gets outclassed?

Also is semlar's guide a good place to check prices of rivens in recent time?  If so it will cost me around 180plat.

And one last thing, rivens on console are cheaper or more expensive than rivens on PC? Because i know warframe parts are in general cheaper on PC because of the high supply.

11 hours ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

1) Is kuva karak not as popular just because it gets outclassed?

2) Also is semlar's guide a good place to check prices of rivens in recent time?  If so it will cost me around 180plat.

3) And one last thing, rivens on console are cheaper or more expensive than rivens on PC? Because i know warframe parts are in general cheaper on PC because of the high supply.

1) No idea. It's a great gun, but many things could cloud its performance, like other kuva weapons (Tonkor, Chakkhur, Bramma, Nukor) and more convenient-to-use weapons like Ignis and Acceltra.

2) I think so. 150pl~200pl is normally enough to get you a decent roll.

3) I don't know. Normally, PC used to have higher prices because of inflation, but checking some sets here (warframe.market) shows that Xbox prices are even higher than PC, PS4 and Switch (PC and PS4 are charging pretty much the same prices). Anyway, 150pl~200pl should be enough for that Karak riven.

Archived