Jump to content
Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer has Kuva to make Kuva Liches. The Corpus could use the Zanuka Project combined with their Animo-AI to create a similar system. Call them "Animo Kingpin"


(PSN)GingyGreen

Recommended Posts

We know they were working on something of a Kingpin system that more or less became the Kuva Lich system the Grineer currently have. The Grineer have their plot-heavy macguffin called Kuva to do whatever the heck they want. In this particular case, it's to give basic Grineer effective immortality, Warframe-like powers, and basically turn them into immortal super-soldiers who grow stronger the more you kill them (presumably their continued interaction with the Tenno causes a chain reaction in their Kuva blood that continuously evolve them, being level-capped at 5 is just a gameplay restriction). I...effing LOVE the Kuva Liches and all they stand for. I love their personalities (though I wish there were more than 2). I love their randomized designs. I love how they're the "psycho-rangers" to our Warframes. I love converting them. I love how they bring with them Kuva-variant weapons to give new life to previously unusable trash like Nukors and Seers. I love that they inter-mixed some new weapons like Ayangas. I LOVE the Old Blood update despite the generalized whining over "it's too grindy!"

 

As the Corpus are supposed to be in a deadlock with the Grineer, and more importantly, there are too many outdated Corpus weapons that could use a facelift, I propose something similar for the Corpus. Revitalize their long-forgotten Kingpen system they were working on.

 

LORE

They have a number of avenues to capitalize on

 

1) Alad V's Zanuka project takes a violated and butchered Valkyr to create a Hyena Proxy with random Warframe powers (Anti-Matter Drop, Freeze, etc.). The main point here is that the Zanuka has Warframe-like powers because it was made from Warframe parts presumably. This goes in line with how Kuva Liches have their own "evil" version of Warframe powers.

2) The Animo AI Frohd Bek stole and installed in their Ambula proxies. This is an AI that's supposed to learn from battles, so each Ambulas that you defeat presumably gathers data and make subsequent ones stronger against Warframes. This is a perfect match to the Kuva Lich's level-up mechanic where they get stronger everytime you beat but fail to permanently kill them

3) Alad V's Amalglams...this is un-explored territory and we know very little about them so far. But they have magical Sentient-doo-hickery going on. Or to put another word, they're a plot device that can do whatever the heck DE wants them to do. Being part-Sentient technology, you can say they adapt and learn the more they fight your Warframe and thus get stronger and gain new powers to fight your Tenno.


Personally I'd much prefer a fusion of #1 and #2 because I like continuity and DE bringing back old plot lines to show us they still remember they exist.


FORM

The easy boring execution is to take regular ole Corpus Crewmen and give them power armour. But Corpus is a faction that relies heavily on robotic Proxies, ones so advanced they gained personalities (like the Jackal and Hyena talking smack). We also know that some of the Corpus civilians can also just be a head shoved inside of a robot torso like in Solaris. In the interest in making Corpus unique from Grineer, I suggest the "Animo Kingpin" either be a fully Robotic enemy proxy or a cyborg fusion of a Crewman's head installed in a robotic chassis. My primary worry about making it 100% robotic is that DE might have difficulty getting personality across like they did so well with Liches. Lack of facial features, annoying robotic filter, etc. But it could work. Regardless of approach, the final product should be you fighting one that's

 

How should they look? This part is fun. The most important thing to take into consideration is the ability to actually wield the "Animo-Weapons" (what I choose to call their equivalent of Kuva Weapons) Should they be a pimped up Moa/Hyena proxy? Should they be a humanoid cyborg? Or perhaps a new kind of animal, like a robotic Orangutan? The Cyborg/Mecha-Ape route allows a very easy excuse to let them equip said Animo-Weapons and allows a form players can relate to. But Moa/Hyena-like proxies can be equipped with weapons on their packs too like an auto-turret. The coolest part in my opinion is being robots, DE can REALLY mix and match different parts together to create something absolutely wild. You think Kitguns/Kit-Moas are cool? Imagine a randomly generated Kit-Boss with Ephemeras and your Warframe's Helmet!

 

MECHANICS

Should it just be Kuva Liches but with a Corpus paintjob, or should it have a mechanical twist so it's not just a copy+paste job?

In my opinion, their equivalent of a Larvling could be an observer drone equipped with Animo, or maybe it's a Animo-Spyware your Warframe catches while hacking in a Corpus mission. The key here is that the player does something where their frames will somehow interface with Animo, and from that, a unique precept for a new Proxy designed specifically to fight the player's. The immortality of this "Animo Kingpin" can easily be explained away as your Warframe merely destroying a proxy, but the Animo-AI controlling it is back-up over the Corpus-Cloud or equivalent. Killing it permanently thus requires installing a kill-code or virus the player discovers as they do battle with this enemy.

 

WEAPONS

How many Corpus weapons looks kinda fun, but are either bad or outdated to be used in favour of current warframe weapons? People probably want an upgraded Plasmor or Exergis. But I think they should update the older weapons first.

-Dera (or a Dual Dera to match the Grineer's Dual Grakata)

-Fluctus

-Convectrix (this weapon was dead-on-arrival, imagine if DE made a variant that's actually viable? Imagine if there was actually a point to it's scissoring mechanic rather than just a useless gimmick?)

-Serro (super cool pole-arm...too bad it sucked)

-Cestra/Dual Cestra

-Cycron (it's a newer weapon...but dead on arrival-levels of bad)

-Penta

-Prova

-Quanta

-Sonicor and Staticor

-Snipetron

-and of course they can always add some outright new weapons. Like a weapon that fires like Doom 3's BFG, a Corpus attempt at Corrosive/Gas damage weapon, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Fireman1175 said:

It could work... but DE showed something different at Tennocon 2019 in terms of Kuva Liches. I love your idea, but I think it would be better if DE reworked the current Kuva lich system instead of just tacking on a new "content island".

...I'm not entirely sure you know what a "content island" is.

 

A "content island" is something like Archwing Missions on release, before open-world existed. There, all the Archwing mods are completely separate from your usual mods. Your usual mods have no effect on archwing and vice versa. No matter how powerful your Rhino is, you remain a squishy baby in Archwing missions because your ability and power is completely separated. No matter how many weapon mods and how strong your Soma Prime was, you're stuck with a crappy Archgun with it's own set of mods independent from what you already own. Basically it was a literal different game with a Warframe paintjob at that time. THAT is a "content island".

Archwing Missions became slightly less of a content island upon Plains of Eidolon's release because now grinding your archwing and modding it allows better archwing performance in the open world, that open world provided a small link to base game. Empyrean took a step further and gave another bridge to Archwing Missions albeit lightly.

 

Other examples of content islands includes mini-games with no rewards or anything attached to the main game, Happy Zephyr, Wyrmius, etc. Frame Fighter is 99% content island, but because you have to unlock fighters all over the star chart, there's that teensy tiny bit of connection, albeit very miniscule.

 


Kuva Lich is most definitely NOT a content island, and neither would the Corpus equivalent. Kuva Liches steal resources from you when you play in those planet nodes, they award Kuva weapons that you can bring anywhere you want, Upon Conversion, your Kuva Lich will spawn to help you in literally any mission, from hunting Eidolons, to doing Railjack missions, and presumable, the still-in-development Command Intrinsic is directly linked to Kuva Liches. In other words, Kuva Lich and it's system are deeply tied to the game itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

..I'm not entirely sure you know what a "content island" is.

 

A "content island" is something like Archwing Missions on release, before open-world existed. There, all the Archwing mods are completely separate from your usual mods. Your usual mods have no effect on archwing and vice versa. No matter how powerful your Rhino is, you remain a squishy baby in Archwing missions because your ability and power is completely separated. No matter how many weapon mods and how strong your Soma Prime was, you're stuck with a crappy Archgun with it's own set of mods independent from what you already own. Basically it was a literal different game with a Warframe paintjob at that time. THAT is a "content island".

Archwing Missions became slightly less of a content island upon Plains of Eidolon's release because now grinding your archwing and modding it allows better archwing performance in the open world, that open world provided a small link to base game. Empyrean took a step further and gave another bridge to Archwing Missions albeit lightly.

Understandable.

 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

Kuva Lich is most definitely NOT a content island, and neither would the Corpus equivalent. Kuva Liches steal resources from you when you play in those planet nodes, they award Kuva weapons that you can bring anywhere you want, Upon Conversion, your Kuva Lich will spawn to help you in literally any mission, from hunting Eidolons, to doing Railjack missions, and presumable, the still-in-development Command Intrinsic is directly linked to Kuva Liches. In other words, Kuva Lich and it's system are deeply tied to the game itself.

While I do agree that Kuva liches are less of a island. Their contributions towards the core gameplay are miniscule at best.  The Kuva lich has a "chance" to spawn in your mission (my lich only spawned when I died once in a while). There is no true way to spawn converted liches as a specter or companion.  Arguably converting them is less useful than just killing them outright because there is a 100% chance to get a weapon v.s having a random spawn chance for converted liches.  As for stealing resources it can be just a minor inconvenience, they don't even take that many resources.  Plus if you're not at that planet The whole system to kill them is a tacked on relic system that gives you requiem mods THAT AREN'T USED OUTSIDE OF KUVA LICHES. An example of something deeply tied into the game would be the Helminth system, focus (sort of), and prime relics (they are integrated into the gamemodes seamlessly). Plus, I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you for the Command Intrinsic when the Corpus Proxima (debut Tennocon 2018) and enemy captial ships (debut Tennocon 2019) have not been added into the game.

TL; DR

As much as I share the same love as you for Kuva Liches they still need a lot more work and a larger integration into the core gameplay before a Corpus equivalent is added.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

We know they were working on something of a Kingpin system that more or less became the Kuva Lich system the Grineer currently have. The Grineer have their plot-heavy macguffin called Kuva to do whatever the heck they want. In this particular case, it's to give basic Grineer effective immortality, Warframe-like powers, and basically turn them into immortal super-soldiers who grow stronger the more you kill them (presumably their continued interaction with the Tenno causes a chain reaction in their Kuva blood that continuously evolve them, being level-capped at 5 is just a gameplay restriction). I...effing LOVE the Kuva Liches and all they stand for. I love their personalities (though I wish there were more than 2). I love their randomized designs. I love how they're the "psycho-rangers" to our Warframes. I love converting them. I love how they bring with them Kuva-variant weapons to give new life to previously unusable trash like Nukors and Seers. I love that they inter-mixed some new weapons like Ayangas. I LOVE the Old Blood update despite the generalized whining over "it's too grindy!"

 

As the Corpus are supposed to be in a deadlock with the Grineer, and more importantly, there are too many outdated Corpus weapons that could use a facelift, I propose something similar for the Corpus. Revitalize their long-forgotten Kingpen system they were working on.

 

LORE

They have a number of avenues to capitalize on

 

1) Alad V's Zanuka project takes a violated and butchered Valkyr to create a Hyena Proxy with random Warframe powers (Anti-Matter Drop, Freeze, etc.). The main point here is that the Zanuka has Warframe-like powers because it was made from Warframe parts presumably. This goes in line with how Kuva Liches have their own "evil" version of Warframe powers.

2) The Animo AI Frohd Bek stole and installed in their Ambula proxies. This is an AI that's supposed to learn from battles, so each Ambulas that you defeat presumably gathers data and make subsequent ones stronger against Warframes. This is a perfect match to the Kuva Lich's level-up mechanic where they get stronger everytime you beat but fail to permanently kill them

3) Alad V's Amalglams...this is un-explored territory and we know very little about them so far. But they have magical Sentient-doo-hickery going on. Or to put another word, they're a plot device that can do whatever the heck DE wants them to do. Being part-Sentient technology, you can say they adapt and learn the more they fight your Warframe and thus get stronger and gain new powers to fight your Tenno.


Personally I'd much prefer a fusion of #1 and #2 because I like continuity and DE bringing back old plot lines to show us they still remember they exist.


FORM

The easy boring execution is to take regular ole Corpus Crewmen and give them power armour. But Corpus is a faction that relies heavily on robotic Proxies, ones so advanced they gained personalities (like the Jackal and Hyena talking smack). We also know that some of the Corpus civilians can also just be a head shoved inside of a robot torso like in Solaris. In the interest in making Corpus unique from Grineer, I suggest the "Animo Kingpin" either be a fully Robotic enemy proxy or a cyborg fusion of a Crewman's head installed in a robotic chassis. My primary worry about making it 100% robotic is that DE might have difficulty getting personality across like they did so well with Liches. Lack of facial features, annoying robotic filter, etc. But it could work. Regardless of approach, the final product should be you fighting one that's

 

How should they look? This part is fun. The most important thing to take into consideration is the ability to actually wield the "Animo-Weapons" (what I choose to call their equivalent of Kuva Weapons) Should they be a pimped up Moa/Hyena proxy? Should they be a humanoid cyborg? Or perhaps a new kind of animal, like a robotic Orangutan? The Cyborg/Mecha-Ape route allows a very easy excuse to let them equip said Animo-Weapons and allows a form players can relate to. But Moa/Hyena-like proxies can be equipped with weapons on their packs too like an auto-turret. The coolest part in my opinion is being robots, DE can REALLY mix and match different parts together to create something absolutely wild. You think Kitguns/Kit-Moas are cool? Imagine a randomly generated Kit-Boss with Ephemeras and your Warframe's Helmet!

 

MECHANICS

Should it just be Kuva Liches but with a Corpus paintjob, or should it have a mechanical twist so it's not just a copy+paste job?

In my opinion, their equivalent of a Larvling could be an observer drone equipped with Animo, or maybe it's a Animo-Spyware your Warframe catches while hacking in a Corpus mission. The key here is that the player does something where their frames will somehow interface with Animo, and from that, a unique precept for a new Proxy designed specifically to fight the player's. The immortality of this "Animo Kingpin" can easily be explained away as your Warframe merely destroying a proxy, but the Animo-AI controlling it is back-up over the Corpus-Cloud or equivalent. Killing it permanently thus requires installing a kill-code or virus the player discovers as they do battle with this enemy.

 

WEAPONS

How many Corpus weapons looks kinda fun, but are either bad or outdated to be used in favour of current warframe weapons? People probably want an upgraded Plasmor or Exergis. But I think they should update the older weapons first.

-Dera (or a Dual Dera to match the Grineer's Dual Grakata)

-Fluctus

-Convectrix (this weapon was dead-on-arrival, imagine if DE made a variant that's actually viable? Imagine if there was actually a point to it's scissoring mechanic rather than just a useless gimmick?)

-Serro (super cool pole-arm...too bad it sucked)

-Cestra/Dual Cestra

-Cycron (it's a newer weapon...but dead on arrival-levels of bad)

-Penta

-Prova

-Quanta

-Sonicor and Staticor

-Snipetron

-and of course they can always add some outright new weapons. Like a weapon that fires like Doom 3's BFG, a Corpus attempt at Corrosive/Gas damage weapon, etc.

I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I LOVE IT! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If wishes were bridges, right? 

I would love some actual effort being put into having the corpus be an independent counter to the grineer liches. 

But what I expect is just a repainted lich system cause DE always prefers to do the easy thing over the more interesting but effort costing thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fireman1175 said:

While I do agree that Kuva liches are less of a island. Their contributions towards the core gameplay are miniscule at best.  The Kuva lich has a "chance" to spawn in your mission (my lich only spawned when I died once in a while). There is no true way to spawn converted liches as a specter or companion.  Arguably converting them is less useful than just killing them outright because there is a 100% chance to get a weapon v.s having a random spawn chance for converted liches.  As for stealing resources it can be just a minor inconvenience, they don't even take that many resources.  Plus if you're not at that planet The whole system to kill them is a tacked on relic system that gives you requiem mods THAT AREN'T USED OUTSIDE OF KUVA LICHES. An example of something deeply tied into the game would be the Helminth system, focus (sort of), and prime relics (they are integrated into the gamemodes seamlessly). Plus, I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you for the Command Intrinsic when the Corpus Proxima (debut Tennocon 2018) and enemy captial ships (debut Tennocon 2019) have not been added into the game.

Okay, see, NOW I can see some common grounds between you and me. I don't completely agree with you though.

 

Yes, I do agree that we should have a way to summon our Kuva Lich, I don't even want the current Spectre-system because I hate having to return to my Foundry and rebuild it over and over and over and over and over again. I believe it should be a sort of Kuva-Whistle to summon a permanent companion for my mission (-25% duration for each player in your party, so it's permanent solo, and increasingly short duration the more allies there are). I agree that there should be something more consistent with them helping you, like Command Intrinsics, a perma-use Spectre, assisting you during Open World bounties, taking care of your pet in the Orbiter, scrubbing the floor, etc.

Although I also see why DE did what they did. They were very clearly inspired by how your slaves would come to your rescue in Shadow of War, it was a really cool immersive mechanic. But the difference is you tend to be solo in Shadow of War, and in this game you have 3 other players babysitting you. For my part, I solo with deliberately random and suboptimal build because I find the game too easy most the time. And because of that, my Lich spawns...reasonably often enough.

 I do also agree that having a Lich isn't big enough of a detriment. They should be far more active in ****ing you over. Like remove Lich territories and just have them randomly appear in all missions to ruin your day like the Nemesis system.

 

That said I convert my Lich pretty regularly if I think they look pretty (I gave my Lich Wukong Prime's Helmet with it's glowing antennas, so when my Lich spawns, it looks like she has a cool double-syandana, another one has Ember Prime, so she has a flaming shoulderpad, and another Lich have Ivara Prime's sparkling Jellyfish on his shoulderpad and Toxic Ephemera). It's what you get out of it. I enjoy fashionable Liches. But I agree, it'd be nice if I can summon my fabulous Liches at my beck and call.

 

 

 

But I'll still disagree with you that it's a content island. Could it be more deeply ingrained into the game? Yes, that goes for nearly all systems in the game, but far as new content goes, I'd say Liches are done particularly well. I'd like to see them jump me in Railjack missions like in the Tennocon, I'd like to see them try to mess up my bounties or send their thralls after me. But it's a pretty good start so far, and I expect it to get better. Just...compare Warframe in the beginning to what it is now. During the game's conception, would you have believed it if someone told you the game will have multiple open worlds, Railjacks, flying mecha-wings, and the Nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor all packed into one game? (which makes all the generalized *@##$ing over Empyrean being "bad" all the more mind-boggling, it's effing awesome)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

If wishes were bridges, right? 

I would love some actual effort being put into having the corpus be an independent counter to the grineer liches. 

But what I expect is just a repainted lich system cause DE always prefers to do the easy thing over the more interesting but effort costing thing. 

You say that, but DE is the one company that isn't afraid to go nuts with their content.

End of the day, they're the ones with the sentient arm cannons, glaives that lay maggot eggs, Panthera, a giant penis sniper that even shoots viral loads into the enemy's face when at max zoom, a shotgun-gunblade, and in this very thread itself, a pair of nuclear static charging gauntlets, and a sonic-handbow. Some assets gets reused as is pragmatic, but the last thing I'd accuse them of is making the same thing over and over.

All 3 current open-worlds are wildly different looking and with different enemies.

 

Do they have shortcomings? Pleeennnty. Xaku is basically the worst Frame they've ever made, not because she sucks, but because her kit is so stock generic boring, with a rip-off of Saryn's most uninspired skill of all things for her 1. The game isn't well-balanced at all. etc. But I wouldn't accuse them of being afraid of experimenting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, the Zanuka project and Animo would be good, it's not necessary for Corpus Liches to follow the same method, they could use jackal and moa designs for some of their units, even osprey.

Same goes with Infested, they could have unique infested, or adapt some of the new ones. A new strain or something connected to Jordas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Hayrack said:

Yea. Imagine having Kuwa lich and then "accidentally" triggering Corpus Kingpin. Your game will croak. The ultimate endgame - avoid spawning them or you'll have to start over with new profile.

Haven't thought this far. But if both appeared together in the same level, they should prioritize each other in mortal kombat for the right to kill you.

 

...or reach a mutual understanding and agree to spitroast you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

You say that, but DE is the one company that isn't afraid to go nuts with their content.

End of the day, they're the ones with the sentient arm cannons, glaives that lay maggot eggs, Panthera, a giant penis sniper that even shoots viral loads into the enemy's face when at max zoom, a shotgun-gunblade, and in this very thread itself, a pair of nuclear static charging gauntlets, and a sonic-handbow. Some assets gets reused as is pragmatic, but the last thing I'd accuse them of is making the same thing over and over.

All 3 current open-worlds are wildly different looking and with different enemies.

 

Do they have shortcomings? Pleeennnty. Xaku is basically the worst Frame they've ever made, not because she sucks, but because her kit is so stock generic boring, with a rip-off of Saryn's most uninspired skill of all things for her 1. The game isn't well-balanced at all. etc. But I wouldn't accuse them of being afraid of experimenting.

Wiling to experiment, yes, as long as it's not too much effort. Do not confuse their creativity for their lack to willingness to put more effort to polish things. 

The team that actually puts the effort is their art team, that comes up with all the cool looking stuff. 

Looks good =/= plays differently. 

Again, I said it will be re skinned but will play the same with some filler plot to justify it as the bare minimum. 

At this moment I feel all guns are just a permutation combination of existing game mechanics but new visual effects. You yourself agree to this by mentioning xaku. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Wiling to experiment, yes, as long as it's not too much effort. Do not confuse their creativity for their lack of willingness to willingness to put more effort to polish things. 

The team that actually puts the effort is their art team, that comes up with all the cool looking stuff. 

Looks good =/= plays differently. 

Again, I said it will be re skinned but will play the same with some filler plot to justify it as the bare minimum. 

At this moment I feel all guns are just a permutation combination of existing game mechanics but new visual effects. You yourself agree to this by mentioning xaku. 

Yeah, I expect them to just paste the whole system over, just rename them amalgam liches or some new thing they made up. They will reskin the requiem mods with new names and probably toss the grind for them into an existing or slightly modified existing part of the game with the corpus. Then they will slap increased stats on a bunch of old corpus weapons, put a similar looking skin on all of them and call it a day. They probably won't change how you get full mastery on them either, Im not that excited for corpus liches because I just expect a lot of reskinning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

But I'll still disagree with you that it's a content island. Could it be more deeply ingrained into the game? Yes, that goes for nearly all systems in the game,

Yeah I wish this more content in this game was more reimagined.

3 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

That said I convert my Lich pretty regularly if I think they look pretty (I gave my Lich Wukong Prime's Helmet with it's glowing antennas, so when my Lich spawns, it looks like she has a cool double-syandana, another one has Ember Prime, so she has a flaming shoulderpad, and another Lich have Ivara Prime's sparkling Jellyfish on his shoulderpad and Toxic Ephemera). It's what you get out of it. I enjoy fashionable Liches. But I agree, it'd be nice if I can summon my fabulous Liches at my beck and call.

Same here

I think it would be really great imo if we could use Kuva to customize our converted liches. I have a lich with a cool look but terrible energy colors and a nezha helmet. I WOULD PAY MONEY just to change the colors and warframe shoulder piece

PLS DE make it happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

At this moment I feel all guns are just a permutation combination of existing game mechanics but new visual effects. You yourself agree to this by mentioning xaku. 

I brought up Xaku is a rather extreme low-end of the spectrum. An exception. Especially in contrast to how well polished the recent

 

Gauss and Grendel have been. They made a speedy frame with great sound design, a cohesive kit, and plays like a living engine that can control kinetic energy. And you have a tanky meatball whose entire kit is all about eating and nourishing himself. Followed by Xaku...a broken frame whose kit has diddly squat to do with being broken or being made out of multiple frames.


I'm not saying they're saints of creativity or the second coming of Miyamoto. But I feel like you're exaggerating their flaws a fair bit. Overall they're better than a lot of developers. How many other developers can stretch a looter shooter like this as far and in as many angles as Warframe has? They took a looter shooter and somehow programmed in a ship-combat sim that surpasses every other vehicular combat sim in the market......................rivalled only by the NDS game Rocket Slime strangely enough.

 

20 minutes ago, Fireman1175 said:

I think it would be really great imo if we could use Kuva to customize our converted liches. I have a lich with a cool look but terrible energy colors and a nezha helmet. I WOULD PAY MONEY just to change the colors and warframe shoulder piece

Hmm...I'm part and partial. I like the semi-randomized nature of their looks and the shred of control we have in manipulating them. How about like the Riven system where we spend Kuva to randomize their looks, and let you choose whether to keep the new look or keep the old? Goes with the Kuva theme.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

I brought up Xaku is a rather extreme low-end of the spectrum. An exception. Especially in contrast to how well polished the recent

 

Gauss and Grendel have been. They made a speedy frame with great sound design, a cohesive kit, and plays like a living engine that can control kinetic energy. And you have a tanky meatball whose entire kit is all about eating and nourishing himself. Followed by Xaku...a broken frame whose kit has diddly squat to do with being broken or being made out of multiple frames.


I'm not saying they're saints of creativity or the second coming of Miyamoto. But I feel like you're exaggerating their flaws a fair bit. Overall they're better than a lot of developers. How many other developers can stretch a looter shooter like this as far and in as many angles as Warframe has? They took a looter shooter and somehow programmed in a ship-combat sim that surpasses every other vehicular combat sim in the market......................rivalled only by the NDS game Rocket Slime strangely enough.

I am limiting myself to the topic at hand - will there be new mechanics to the system with corpus "liches" or will it just be reskinned kuva liches?

I feel they will only make it reskins. 

DE being good at one thing or getting lucky at some aspects is not the topic, Hannibal is a great psychiatrist but I wouldn't have him cook a meal for me. As there are both good and bad designs for everything they have done so far (including weapons, frames, mods, game modes and tilesets) 

I also do not disagree that DE is better than many other developers, and while other developers have other games under them (both good and bad) DE has a very limited roster if you consider past decade activity. DE has squeezed in multiple games into warframe and it is now less a looter shooter and more a sandbox for ideas. 

DE being good at one thing does not imply they will do that for everything as there are different teams, individuals and processes involved for different things. 

I am also not in agreement that rail jack is better than others as far as space Sim is considered, it's a concept demo that was hammered into the game cause someone wanted to showcase the engine capability (it's good for a demo but I will not consider it a full fledged game system) then again I am not a fan of that genre so I don't have too many comparisons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm definitely with OP, and I really want to see more of the Lich system, but we can't ignore it's problems: it takes a long time to take them down, there aren't enoguh personalities and they just don't feel like a major threat, more like a bullet sponge you're grinding just for a weapon. until the parts of the Lich system that most people dislike are addressed, I don't think we can get enough support for DE to take notice and say "OK, people want more Liches". and if that's the case, then the Lich system is doomed to being forgotten and left in stasis.

10 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

Alad V's Amalglams

I think this is the avenue they would go down, because it has untapped potential. when you think of all the Sentient abilities, and the hundreds of different Corpus Units they could mix Sentient tech with, you could end up with some very unique bosses. kind of hoping that taking them down doesn't rely on so much guesswork as the Kuva Liches, but I wouldn't be surprised if DE just reuse the Requiem mods.

I do really want this though: new interesting Liches, new weapons and ephemeras and figners crossed, Liches to be integrated into Railjack so that we can break into their personal ship and fight them on our terms every so often.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All for it.  Allows exploration of the latest in the corpus v grineer battle.  As any arms race, we would expect a quick rebuttle to counter.

The amalgam I see as a likely sentient coup, where the use of sentient technology leaves them vulnerable to a complete take over.  Good ol' sentient adaptability is enough of a explanation for this transition.  As such, leverage core corpus tech for a lich equivalent makes sense to me.

The one area I would prefer that DE explores is how to deliver extensions of the lich system without further node selections (further stretching player matchmaking options).  A few ways to do this is to combat the liches territories by having a common node per planet which delivers to a preselected list of nodes playlist each day (fixed order), or random selection (though random might just have high in/out rate if players dont like the selection). 

An additional want would be lich assassination node that brings in everyone's liches, so it isn't 1v4, but 4v4.

***

Side note

Would be heck of lot more interesting if these power enemies (maybe not yours but stock variants) showed up in cross fire missions.  Have them going at eachother would be cool to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

The one area I would prefer that DE explores is how to deliver extensions of the lich system without further node selections (further stretching player matchmaking options).  A few ways to do this is to combat the liches territories by having a common node per planet which delivers to a preselected list of nodes playlist each day (fixed order), or random selection (though random might just have high in/out rate if players dont like the selection).

Personally I would just do away with the idea of Lich territories and just have them randomly appear if you do any missions in that node (including open world and proximas).  Really goes against the "lich hunting you down as their nemesis"-idea if they're locked behind a specific mission type you can easily skip.

 

1 hour ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

An additional want would be lich assassination node that brings in everyone's liches, so it isn't 1v4, but 4v4.

Overall I just want them to be more active around the map. I've entertained the idea that since these are, well, KUVA Liches, yet they never appear in the Kuva Fortress, and the fact that the Kuva Fortress still doesn't have a proper boss yet, they should add an Assassination Node in Kuva Fortress where you fight a 4-man squad of Kuva Liches as the boss (like Hyena Pack...but Liches intead)

 

If you have 4 players, each player's Kuva Lich will appear in the squad. Otherwise it's just random Kuva Liches to round the squad out. That'll kill 2 birds in one stone. The absence of Liches in the Kuva Fortress, and the absence of any bosses at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...