Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are there so many toxic people that play Warframe?

(PSN)l3rianM

I've played this game for a few years and I have come across so many toxic people.  

It's very irritating and frustrating to come across so many toxic people.     To the people who claim that there is no toxicity in Warframe why don't you spend 10 minutes in general chat and tell me if you still believe that.

I don't know what if anything could be done to create positivity within the community. It would certainly be nice during this time of global pandemic to see people up lifting one another up instead of beating each other down. 

Thanks

I feel ya man. Personally, what i do is keep being the positive one, regardless of the situation. Granted, i dont always manage to do so, but at least im aware of it and trying to do it. If all of us tried doing at least this much, chat and forums would be a muxh more positive environment. Not thst there aren't kind and positive people, but still, the more the better ^^

3 hours ago, (PS4)l3rianM said:

spend 10 minutes in general chat

- Complains about toxicity

- Goes to Region (possibily), the toxpit of the game

Irony aside, I do agree. There are quite some nasty people. Some on occasion, as no one is perfect and everyone has their ups and downs in life, some rare few tend to want to keep being toxic and entitled.

Luckily enough while Warframe did have an increase in toxicity following it becoming a mainstream game, we still have a mostly good community. As for Region (as well as Q&A, which tends to suffer from the same issue) some better moderation would be in order. Specially Q&A, since people still try to use it as if it was Region. Despite them being a toxpit they should still be places for civil discussion.

Toxicity in game I can ignore, but toxicity on the forums always gets under my skin. Those passive aggressive comments really urk me. and I'm expected not to do anything or else I'm the bad guy. Just gets really hard to keep my composure when people belittle you.

Like, why even bother going to the forums if you just want to argue or demean people? If I see something I disagree with, 9/10 times I just simply don't reply to it, then you get people who come into your thread just to say or imply your idea is stupid with some snarky off-hand remark.

Short answer: Ease of access.

I've enjoyed both console and PC versions of this game and I've found that console has a strong foundation of a generally younger and less mature audience. The ratio of toxicity is noteworthy. I'd hazard to ask why are there so many awesome people who play the game on PC instead.

Just my opinion - take it or leave it.

If I see something I disagree with, 9/10 times I just simply don't reply to it

that's very unhealthy and one should know better than that. discussing and ergo showing support for or against something is how things get done in a practical fashion.
encouraging otherwise is encouraging people to not collaborate, which is slightly appalling to hear.

22 hours ago, (PS4)l3rianM said:

I've played this game for a few years and I have come across so many toxic people.  

It's very irritating and frustrating to come across so many toxic people.     To the people who claim that there is no toxicity in Warframe why don't you spend 10 minutes in general chat and tell me if you still believe that.

I don't know what if anything could be done to create positivity within the community. It would certainly be nice during this time of global pandemic to see people up lifting one another up instead of beating each other down. 

Thanks

Uh does anyone claim that there's absolutely no toxicity in warframe? 

Also yeah PS4 region chat is particularly bad, as far as chats go. We could really benefit from having someone swing by with a very large ban hammer from time to time. 

Region chat and the forums tend to turn into echochambers from time to time, depending on the time of the day. (you will notice this, especially if you read multiple game forums)

These days you get a bunch of grumpy kids on both, because they are back to school(at least in my country, not sure about yours) and where else would they vent their frustration?

Others either mimic this seeing it as a justification to their poor behavior or to fit in, different/mature people rightly realise it's below them and ignore those conversations.

Honestly, it's best to keep region chat turned off and the forums?

Just realise these people are ridiculing themselves by acting like kids and be glad you're not one of them.

The other place you might find toxicity is Eidolons, but you can ignore or solo them with full meta gear, they are obsolete since the Scarlet Spear event anyways.

Archived