Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does lag affect affinity?

(PSN)zenhumphrey

Question

I recently put forma on Harrow, went to sanctuary onslaught and there was a volt nuking the whole map, when Harrow was around rank 8 I kinda noticed how painfully slow he leveled up, my smeeta even gave me the double affinity boost, I was using naramon with a maxed out affinity spike and was killing a few enemies if Volt hasn't used 4th, after the mission my Harrow was at rank 10, I don't know about you but this kinda feels off, my kavat gave me the double affinity boost twice through out the mission and the volt was nuking really well, I was also in everyone's affinity range so I should've been getting alot of affinity, IDK but this kinda just feels off. Also yes, I only had 1 weapon on and that was my melee.

11 answers to this question

No it shouldn't. To be more sure about why you feel off with the affinity gained, more data needs to be studied. Such as:
- Were you always within volt's affinity share range (50m)
- How frequently your kavat buffed you
- How many rounds you did in the SO
- How many kills volt was able to nuke during the timed rounds

I asked these because you mentioned that you were in melee range, however volt should be keeping enemies at bay with his 4.
Another thing is that the volt didn't seem to kill alot with enemies left alive for you to melee.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

Also yes, I only had 1 weapon on and that was my melee.

This makes no difference when levelling a frame. Your frame only gets 25% of the shared affinity. You are far better off using your own weapons or frame to get the kills (50% or 100% affinity respectively).

What you haven’t mentioned: were you within affinity range of the Volt at all times?

Lag could impact your affinity gain. But you’d have to be lagging out of affinity range for that to happen.

Can't really speak to your topic, but just wanted to say the number of weapons you have equipped doesn't affect your frame's affinity gain. And I'm pretty sure Affinity Spike doesn't increase frame affinity gain either.

And even if an ally is nuking you only get 25% of the affinity towards your frame.

• Ally kill - 25%
  • Killing with your weapon - 50%
  • Ability kill - 100%

33 minutes ago, krc473 said:

What you haven’t mentioned: were you within affinity range of the Volt at all times?

Yes, but the lag was so awful that sometimes the game would sort of freeze so it could've been possible that it was making me out of range although I was looking if I was within affinity range and it did show that I was in fact within affinity range, as I'm typing this I recently went to hydron 15w and that ended up being faster, there was no one nuking yet it leveled up my Harrow better than SO which had the Volt nuking for 7 waves.

34 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

No it shouldn't. To be more sure about why you feel off with the affinity gained, more data needs to be studied. Such as:
- Were you always within volt's affinity share range (50m)
- How frequently your kavat buffed you
- How many rounds you did in the SO
- How many kills volt was able to nuke during the timed rounds

1. I was within all of my allies affinity range.
2. I have tek enhanced on the smeeta and she buffed me twice.
3. 7, the efficiency level was always above 95%
4. I'm not sure actually since I did another mission already after that but the Volt kept the efficiency level above 95%

1 minute ago, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

1. I was within all of my allies affinity range.
2. I have tek enhanced on the smeeta and she buffed me twice.
4. I'm not sure actually since I did another mission already after that but the Volt kept the efficiency level above 95%

My guess is that the volt didn't do as many kills (as keeping the efficiency above 95% doesn't need that much kills).

Lag doesn't affect affinity gain unless the volt moved in and out of affinity range a lot.

1 hour ago, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

Doesn't sound like a lot of kills as suggested by @OggerAZ.

It's not hard to keep above 95% and if the volt is killing a lot the efficiency should be always 99%+

12 hours ago, (PS4)zenhumphrey said:

as I'm typing this I recently went to hydron 15w and that ended up being faster, there was no one nuking yet it leveled up my Harrow better than SO which had the Volt nuking for 7 waves.

Far more enemies are killed in Hydron than SO. This is not a really a fair comparison, especially when you are talking about doing double the waves on Hydron.

• Realistically, you need to give a mission summary of an SO match. I imagine you will find that very few enemies were killed.

your description of how laggy the session was means that sure, maybe you were getting out of XP Range sometimes but didn't see it. that paired with the actual Kill rate in Onslaught will make a big difference.

and what i was going to mention first was already covered, that your Warframe only soaks 1/4 of the XP from others, to powerlevel in anything for a Warframe requires either extremely efficient Squads or you just Killing stuff yourself. you're overall better off mapwiping with your Weapons (stealing the Kills of any Heavies/Eximus especially) and letting other Players mop up so you can focus on getting as much XP for yourself as possible.

2 hours ago, krc473 said:

Far more enemies are killed in Hydron than SO. This is not a really a fair comparison, especially when you are talking about doing double the waves on Hydron.

pretty heavily depends on how effective the Onslaught session was - several thousand Kills within a few Waves in Onslaught isn't exactly out of reach.
i can't say i can recall even hitting over 1000 Enemies per 10 Defense Waves, but i don't have any mental data on that since it was never efficient enough for me to memorize that Gamemode.
Defense is easy and low effort, not highly efficient.

Archived