Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latrox Une's Bounty needs to improved

Duality52

For context, Latrox Une is central in "Assist Corpus Researcher" Bounty in the Cambion Drift. You'll need to defend him while you collect samples from the Infested. The recent Hotfix yesterday changed the bonus objective to defend Une's Shield Osprey from getting killed.

The bounty contradicts Warframe's value in movement and mobility with its sluggish pace and the focus on defense, in spite the fact that we get to help our normally non-Infested enemies for these rare occasions. The three main problems with the bounty since launch and recently yesterday's Hotfix:

1. Infested drop the samples at a sluggish rate, requiring at least every 3-5 Infested killed to get a sample. Quite contradictory to how Une implies that samples from the Infested comes from everywhere in the Drift.
  2. Uploading the data samples.
  3. Defending the very fragile Shield Osprey for the bonus objective.

Suggested changes to help improve the pace of the bounty:

• Infested are guaranteed to drop samples similar to the first phase of the Assassination Bounty in the Drift.
  • Instead of gathering all the samples then uploading them to Une afterwards, have us deposit any "stored" samples to Une. Think of it like capitalization in the Index where we "bank" our points. The Bounty will finish upon depositing a certain number of samples.
  • Modify Une's Shield Osprey to be custom-made "Latrox Une Osprey". Added Armor and a short range electric attack similar to the Amprex should Infested come too close to it. Should still be destroyable if you leave it for too long, but it shouldn't be too fragile.

These changes follow a fast pace similar to the bounties of "Hive Extermination" and the "Anomaly Retrievel (Purifier)". It ties the player's speed to controlling the length of the bounty, while giving the bonus objective a fair chance to achieve.

Thoughts?

Agree, nice suggestions since in its current state it turns into a snoozefest every other time because of the sluggish spawns. Also I wanna say : since at least last hotfix, that bounty is bugged when playing with other players in squad, it doesnt register it as finished even after Une is done uploading all samples, which makes aborting the bounty the only option.

Didn't mention one of the worse offender of the whole ordeal  , allow me to demonstrate what usually happens whenever I get a Latrox Une bounty (especially the steel path version) :

• Starts the bounty alone, then I slowly acquires 8/10 samples , which takes ages since very few enemies actually spawn and most of the kills do not drop samples for some reason.
  • When I finally get 9/10 samples and I'm finally almost done, a new player joins right before completion, putting me at 9/15 Samples needed even though I was 10 seconds away for being able to move on with my life....
  • We both start killing even more monsters till we get 13/15 samples... Then the third player joins , bringing the total to 13/20... This is fun....
  • Finally we get to 19/20, then the dreaded 4th player finally joins, bringing the total to 19/25....
  • At this point it's been 20 minutes (since we're playing steel path and enemies are bullet sponges, and it requires like 5X the kills to get a single sample, if lucky...
  • Then , after all this work, you still have to protect the guy as he uploads his stuff... Thankfully you fixed the fact he was unable to upload the codes fast enough like it was for weeks, but it still leaves a bitter taste whenever I get to the upload part, after failing it so many times in the past due to how you had set up the upload speed vs upload time with 4 players.

Congrats, it just took you 25 minutes to complete a single steel path bounty phase since the target amount of samples was switched on you four times in a row !

So yeah you guys need to fix this:

• Make every enemy drop samples (or 50% of enemies or something, none of that having to kill 5-10 enemies for a single sample to drop.)
  • Don't increase the samples required every time a player joins, especially if players are almost done with the objective. I should not be hating the fact a new player is joining my session...
  • Maybe remove the upload part... It's already enough work to gather the samples, why do I also have to do a protect objective afterwards...

47 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Agreed. This and the endless excavation bounty needs to be improved.

Please, this too.

The average player would think the bounties would give rewards on an 'ABC' rotation, but its actually an ENTIRE BOUNTY for a rotation.

So instead of 'ABC' (6 excavators total), its 'AAAAAABBBCCC' (24 excavators total [!!!]).

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

since we're playing steel path and enemies are bullet sponges

this is honestly the problem with most of steel path deimos...the enemy variety is low (ie it heavily favors jugulus spawns) and they take waaaaay too long to kill even for frames designed to kill quickly. some heft is fine, SP is "hard mode" after all but more health and damage resistance but no ai improvements does NOT make a hard mode

but to be on topic, i actually think OP's idea would make the slog of Une's bounty step be way more tolerable...if they want to keep the drop rate low at the very least give us a specific enemy that drops the thing and mark them as a kill objective so at least we have a reason for it to be slow

It's weird because the spawn rates and drop rates were both fine on this prior to the patch which corrected the issue with larger groups being unable to complete the bonus.  That patch utterly broke the spawnrates for both Latrox Une's bounty and Garv's bounty, turning 2 relatively fast-paced bounties into slogs where you're standing around waiting for anything to even spawn.  I think maybe the spawn rate has been tweaked a little more recently, but the drop rate on Latrox Une's samples is still abysmal.

Don't forget to fix Latrox and his Osprey leaving the mission area in different directions. It's annoying to get the "abandonning objective" alert when you're trying to protect them. And could you do something for their shield ? It seems that shield won't recharge if NPC isn't at max HP. That's rather ridiculous for a Shield Osprey.

20 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Instead of gathering all the samples then uploading them to Une afterwards, have us deposit any "stored" samples to Une. Think of it like capitalization in the Index where we "bank" our points. The Bounty will finish upon depositing a certain number of samples.

Id be interested in something where you collect samples, that gain value the more you have (like index) but also decay over time, so holding more for a longer time risks loosing more if your not topping up.

On 2020-09-23 at 9:54 AM, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Didn't mention one of the worse offender of the whole ordeal  , allow me to demonstrate what usually happens whenever I get a Latrox Une bounty (especially the steel path version) :

• Starts the bounty alone, then I slowly acquires 8/10 samples , which takes ages since very few enemies actually spawn and most of the kills do not drop samples for some reason.
  • When I finally get 9/10 samples and I'm finally almost done, a new player joins right before completion, putting me at 9/15 Samples needed even though I was 10 seconds away for being able to move on with my life....
  • We both start killing even more monsters till we get 13/15 samples... Then the third player joins , bringing the total to 13/20... This is fun....
  • Finally we get to 19/20, then the dreaded 4th player finally joins, bringing the total to 19/25....
  • At this point it's been 20 minutes (since we're playing steel path and enemies are bullet sponges, and it requires like 5X the kills to get a single sample, if lucky...
  • Then , after all this work, you still have to protect the guy as he uploads his stuff... Thankfully you fixed the fact he was unable to upload the codes fast enough like it was for weeks, but it still leaves a bitter taste whenever I get to the upload part, after failing it so many times in the past due to how you had set up the upload speed vs upload time with 4 players.

Congrats, it just took you 25 minutes to complete a single steel path bounty phase since the target amount of samples was switched on you four times in a row !

So yeah you guys need to fix this:

• Make every enemy drop samples (or 50% of enemies or something, none of that having to kill 5-10 enemies for a single sample to drop.)
  • Don't increase the samples required every time a player joins, especially if players are almost done with the objective. I should not be hating the fact a new player is joining my session...
  • Maybe remove the upload part... It's already enough work to gather the samples, why do I also have to do a protect objective afterwards...

You ever try Banishing Latrox during the defense phase?

Works like a charm.

On 2020-09-23 at 5:07 PM, Voltage said:

Agreed. This and the endless excavation bounty needs to be improved.

Agreed. Can start by getting rid of amber stars from the drop table for endless bounties. We can get these easily elsewhere and why are they in all three drop tables to start with?

On 2020-09-23 at 4:24 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Talking this over with the team! Thanks for the post.

Nice one, thank you! However...

300px-There_Is_Another.jpg

There's a bounty on Deimos where you need to kill infested within a certain proximity radius in order to fill up a lure thingy (I forget the name of it), however the radius isn't big enough which causes the mission to drag out longer than necessary. The infested spawn far outside of the radius, take a while if not die before reaching the radius, or literally cannot move to enter the radius (Jugulus). This also causes Loid/Otak to constantly repeat their lines of 'you have to kill them within proximity--' over and over, which gets juuust a tad bit annoying 😃😪

I like the character, but this bounty seems broken to me.  Can do 3/4 bounty stages in < 5 minutes.  Then I get this one, which proceeds at a crawl, often taking upwards of 15 minutes for the single stage, just to collect the parts, 30+ kills just to get 1 part.   Hard to keep the osprey alive over this time, sometimes even fail the bounty because there's plenty of stuff attacking but none of it drops the parts.  Then there's the other problem where sometimes nothing will spawn at all or very infrequently.  Not enjoyable at all.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-09-23 at 11:24 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Talking this over with the team! Thanks for the post.

Maybe leave Scott out of this discussion, AKA “Mr. let’s ruin the archwing, deny them universal vacuum and do everything we can to ruin the game for our players.”

Latrox needs to go, his bounty is awful, listening to his monotone voice repeat the exact same dialogue is awful.

Please.

The bounty still takes a while because enemies barely drop samples and are stuck in various places above or below... and the drone still wonders far and/or dies too fast.

Just make it require more samples and make it guarantee drop just like the other one with the cauldron, that one feels more satisfying even though it probably takes about the same time.

11 hours ago, HunterDigi said:

The bounty still takes a while because enemies barely drop samples and are stuck in various places above or below... and the drone still wonders far and/or dies too fast.

I guessed as much from the update notes. Simple bug fix increasing the drops by 20% isnt gonna fix this if the enemy spawns in general are... Problematic. Not to mention the wandering paper drone. 

I was expecting to see more like 100% increase or complete overhaul of the whole stage. 

Archived