Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fun Non-meta weapons?

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

Question

hace 52 minutos, (PS4)Deeceem dijo:

It's hilariously bad and you asked for fun non-meta weapons, not good or viable ones.

Actually i remember liking it, i think it was its ragdoll what i liked.

I didnt cared for its stats, at that time i had not many essential mods and did not have any good build for warframes, on sorties i died like 3 times per mission.

The only 2 viable frames i had were chroma prime and Gara, although i did not have any builds and i hardly could play missions above lvl 40.

hace 28 minutos, Leqesai dijo:

Kohm/Kuva Kohm

I remember that on 2018 i got a kohm riven and at the time i dont think it had much value, then i stopped playing and now about a month ago i came back and i didnt know how much the value had rised, so i thought it was still worthless and i sold it for 70pl,  about a week or two passes and i discover just how much popular it became because of the kuva weapons and at the same time i discovered semlars riven guide. I kind of feel bad for selling it

hace 26 minutos, (PS4)Unstar dijo:

Stug - squirts goo onto enemies.  Is it good?  Not really.  But it's an experience worth having!

I remember liking the ragdoll it would cause to the enemies. And what's surprising is that i think i have more time on it than lex prime .

19 minutes ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

I remember that on 2018 i got a kohm riven and at the time i dont think it had much value, then i stopped playing and now about a month ago i came back and i didnt know how much the value had rised, so i thought it was still worthless and i sold it for 70pl,  about a week or two passes and i discover just how much popular it became because of the kuva weapons and at the same time i discovered semlars riven guide. I kind of feel bad for selling it

I remember liking the ragdoll it would cause to the enemies. And what's surprising is that i think i have more time on it than lex prime .

I actually prefer the regular kohm to the kuva variant because of the better range.

Also, stug is perfectly starchart-viable and pretty useful up until around level 50 with a good build. With a strong riven it can scale up to around level 70 or 80 comfortably. But like the other person said, it isn't really a super useful weapon more than it is a pretty fun weapon to use. And since self-damage is gone it is a lot more fun. Killing yourself with it, in the old system, was annoying.

Here's a fun thing to do:

Castanas. These are basically remote electric bombs. A friend introduced me to a really fun trick: You lob a bunch of Castanas on a squadmate, then when they run into a horde of enemies, you trigger them. It is so hilarious. It does decent damage as well, as I have over 1600+  electric damage without a potato.

I might add onto this post if I find any other fun weapons.

Edit: After looking through the wikia, I found these things fun as well:

Mutalist Cernos: Just drown your enemies in toxic clouds. I colored my Mutalist Cernos the same scheme as my Zephyr before I changed her energy color, and it looked like I was blasting fart clouds all over the place. If you want to AoE, it's a decent weapon with extremely high status chance.

Ignis/Wraith: It's a flamethrower. What else do you want?

Velox: It's literally a pocket LMG with it's passive (every fifth shot fired is refunded). I put Ice Storm (+ cold damage, + mag capacity) and I can spray about 105 bullets.

I might add more, again, but these are some of the weapons I've tried out and liked so far.

Yes, you must try Staticor! it's a strong weapon while also being fun at the same time. Beware of the self stagger though, I guess this is the reason not many people use it.

I also like Opticor (Vandal) for primany. Use it with HoM Mirage and you can blow lvl 5 bounty dropships in 1 shot.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

Does ballistica prime count?  I just need it's string.

Personally i found it underwhelming, but i don't see why it wouldn't.

Especially if you like the visuals of its passive mechanic that turns the enemies into ghosts.

A few that might be fun:

• Stug - squirts goo onto enemies.  Is it good?  Not really.  But it's an experience worth having!
  • Spear primaries - using secondary fire to toss your primary weapon is a very interesting way to play.  I recommend the Ferrox, which tethers enemies to it; lots of fun applications.
  • Simulor - this weapon is unique.  It's been updated several times and I have no idea what it does now, but it's well worth a try.  It shoots out little orb vortexes that can explode.
  • Torid - shoot darts into enemies so that poisonous toots AoE wherever they go.
  • Jat Kittag - nothing near you can do anything with this hammer's combination of guaranteed knockbacks and slam ragdolls.

There's certainly more, but those are just what come to mind right away.

I personally love the ripkas. You need a good riven though for it to be effective. However it has a 5/5 disposition. My riven has damage and such on it, which is what it needs to be viable, before that I wanted to like it but it always felt underwhelming, though still very fun. Who doesn't like having chainsaw hands?

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, so I'll just say BATTACOR.  I finally got around to using it, and dang, have I been having a lot of fun with this thing.  Its regular fire is nice and beefy, and once it's charged up the Beam of Death is sooo satisfying.  

I can't hardly wait to try the Trumna, which sounds similar--but I guess that's getting more into meta-territory.

10 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I personally love the ripkas.  . . . Who doesn't like having chainsaw hands?

💯

• Ferrox - primary - dojo  (hoping this thing becomes a kuva weapon for corpus)
  • Panthera/prime - primary - relics
  • Opticor/vandal - primary - dojo/OV fractures
  • Komorex/Chakkur - primary - Komorex has god awful stats but it has a sniper scope.  Kuva Chakkur is hands down the better version

• Kuva Twin Stubbs - secondary - nice ammo supply. I think they are skewed towards status chance.  Just fun auto-fire pistols.
  • Throw weapons - secondary - Theres all kinds but im talking about hikou's and spira primarily.  Pox? are fun to..   Im using Hikou's right now for fun.  You can mod them to explode....havent tried that lol...
  • Castana and similar - secondary.  These are like thrown weapon versions of Ferrox.  You chuck em and they electrocute stuff.  I mastered the normal versions recently for mastery and I had plans to get syn version and mod the hell out of them but I never got around to it....  

• Glaive types - melee - as far as melee these are probably the more unique since you can chuck em.  They are basically all the same, im sure some are more for crits and others more for status.  I use alot of different versions.  Falcor,  Xoris,  Glaive, Harkunar? (grineer fire one lol) the one from nw2...P..something...(that one spawns a maggot)

On 2020-09-23 at 9:43 PM, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

that is the one that thows enemies around?

That’s Sonicor. Staticor is the one that throws AOE Status in Rapid Fire or Charge Shot, used to be Meta before the Fall Off became a thing which killed it’s usage in the Meta.

Also, been having a good time with Sepulcrum, i think of it as if Sunshot had a sister. Base Heat, normal fire is AOE, and fires in a similar speed with a Fire Rate Mod on. What slightly separates them is the Alt Fire which shoots out Seeking Missles after highlighting the enemies and highlighting mechanic is similar to Bladestorm but not as easy to use (as in can’t wave the screen like you have a Seizure). The Alt Fire don’t do much in higher levels but in lower levels, it’s not as bad.

5 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Glaive types - melee - as far as melee these are probably the more unique since you can chuck em.  They are basically all the same, im sure some are more for crits and others more for status.  I use alot of different versions.  Falcor,  Xoris,  Glaive, Harkunar? (grineer fire one lol) the one from nw2...P..something...(that one spawns a maggot)

That one's the Pathocyst. It's the slowest glaive but it has the highest status chance and innate Viral damage. The parts can be farmed off of the Zealoid Prelate, although his fight is somewhat annoying because of all the invulnerability. I sometimes use it, but (Primed) Fury is a must on that weapon XD

I have a fun and powerful non-meta collection that I gathered and modded in the last half a year.
One of my top suggestions are:
Primaries: Basmu, Battacor, Boar Prime, Glaxion Vandal, Komorex(very powerful and one of the few primaries that don't need hm for high levels), Paris Prime, Phage, Phantasma, Prisma Gorgon(love this), Quanta Vandal, Scourge, Secura Penta, Stahlta, Synapse(great primary) , Vaykor Hek, Zenith
Secondaries: Hystrix, Arca Scisco, Atomos(I know it's famous but it's rarely used in high levels afaik), Ballistica Prime, Kuva Seer, Prisma Twin Gremlins, Quatz, Sonicor, Staticor, Synoid Gammacor
Melee: this is a hard one because every melee now is kinda "meta" because of the melee changes, even if kronen p and some others are at the top ...
arca triton, bo prime, ceti lacera, dakra prime, dragon nikana, dual ichor, dual keres, nami skyla prime, ohma, prisma skana, sibear(awesome if you have a riven for it)

Archived