Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth: Railjack Resources + Bile Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

vor 20 Minuten schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Tenno!

The Digestive period of the Helminth specimen has undergone some study, and we have some changes to announce:

Railjack Resources:

There will be a reduction in the batches of Railjack Resource Costs across the board required to yield Helminth Secretions. 

Additionally, anyone with Helminth installed and Railjack owned will receive an Inbox of Resources after the Hotfix goes live that includes the reduced costs. A perfect script is not possible, but a generous grab bag is! If you meet the criteria, you will receive the Resources via Inbox after the Hotfix date. 

Bile:

To give players more options for the Bile Secretion, we are adding the following components as feedable to Helminth to create Bile:

Antiserum Fragment x 900
Javlok Capacitor x 7
Nav Coordinates x 50

Cheers, you can look forward to these changes with full details in an upcoming Hotfix!

Will gems, ores and fish parts from the open world also enter the helminth system?

7 minutes ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

I think a reduction of resources all around is needed, especially with bile. Adding more options imo doesn't help at all, cause now you'll be feeding the Hemlith pretty much the same few things for bile. And on top of that imo for a MR8 system the resource cost seen pretty high. 

It was originally meant for MR15, much more advanced players with deeper resource pockets, who are looking for an extra sink for a bunch of useless nanospores and Lotus knows what else lying around.

They dropped it to MR8 because a decent chunk of players who have been here for years and years petitioned DE to drop the MR requirement lower, have refused to really rank up past 8-10, they just aren't the type to try out that much gear. But they still have a huge glut of resources, and all the maxed mods you need to do endgame, and are still very much endgame players. 

If the resource costs seem high to to an MR8, they can only feed at full green, and be patient and wait for stuff to go back down, and only feed it stuff they have extra's of, but if their resources are really that low, I don't recommend them getting into the helminth yet. Regularly adding subsumed abilities to your frame and hot swapping in and out is expensive, and the thing is it was meant to be. But even if you are low on resources, if you are willing to have patience you can still rank up relatively quickly and try a lot of combos, you just might not be able to hot swap as much.  

You gotta have enough of a resource bank for that.                 

The only resource besides the RJ I felt was that out of whack is maybe cryotic, but if you are low on that you can feed other things, and if they are asking for 3,000 cryo per feeding, then I guarantee you their stats show that a whole lot of the people  using Helminth would consider that a drop in the bucket based on how much they have banked. If you are a veteran with low cryo, you are probably an outlier.    

2 minutes ago, Mura said:

It was first meant to be a system for MR15,  a veteran system that is not meant for new players. Now it's for MR8 and peoples are still complaining..;
HOW

I wouldn't classify what I'm saying as complaining, but what I am saying is if the system is meant for a specific MR then it should reflect that. In this case the resource cost should reflect the low MR requirement to get it. 

>Nav Coordinates

Hmm... you know, these sound oddly familiar. They feel like a resource that was made worthless with the introduction of Deimos... one that should’ve been introduced with it at the start...

OH! I remember them now! I sold every single one of them because I didn’t think we would ever get a use for them since they weren’t introduced with the Helminth. 
To say I’m bitter is an understatement.

Nice. It would be nice if we could get fishing/mining resources in there too somewhere in the future (seriously, my fish meat stockpile could feed everyone on Cetus for at least a few years). But this is a great start, I honestly forgot that Antiserum Fragments were a thing.

now we just need the fix on M4D, the buff for the rhino "roar" of helminth, make the "empower" to have sinergy with the mods in your build with a cap of 100% strength, or the helminth system is going to became useless (like some warframes after M4D nerf :) ) and the fix of the excavators not upscalling the level on "excavation" missions and we are done for now :)

1 minute ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

I wouldn't classify what I'm saying as complaining, but what I am saying is if the system is meant for a specific MR then it should reflect that. In this case the resource cost should reflect the low MR requirement to get it. 

But the thing is you have to understand the intent. 

This is for advanced players, they only changed it because there are some truly advanced players among the MR8's. 

The MR is an imperfect system for progression and that's why we are having this conversation, but there really is a HUGE gulf between the MR8-10 players who have been playing for years and have all the maxed primed mods and forma'd gear (just not as much variety as some) and a brand new MR8-10 who has more recently joined the game. 

One has all their stuff that they do have maxed and has a suite of end game mods and probably arcanes too. They have a huge resource bank especially because they didn't even build that much to try. 

A brand new MR8 honestly shouldn't even be trying to do the Helminth system yet. They really don't have the resources for it at all and won't for a long time. At best they will be able to do a little, little bit over time, but it will greatly slow down their other progression as well. 

21 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Bile takes 3x Railjack Resources. 

As stated in the original post:

Railjack Resources:

There will be a reduction in the batches of Railjack Resource Costs across the board required to yield Helminth Secretions. 

Please look at this table where it was testted trying farming RJ resources and counting how much it nets and time it takes. 

https://dp.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/isj0iv/the_problem_with_railjack_resources_for_helminth/

https://preview.redd.it/jj72ac5ol3n51.jpg?width=1000&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=66378f1858e58e082db74cfd31b10a36c0b48f11

Now that you already implemented rushing frame sacrifice with plat, consider adding an alternative - maybe a craftable item with same effect to balance the pay to rush gap you created?

Why would it matter even if such item had 24h or longer crafting time? Because especially newer players could have them in advance to enter Helminth system more fluidly once they are initiated.

In current state it HEAVILY DISCOURAGES EXPERIMENTING. Sure, one can watch Youtube guides or ask for advice but it's not optimal way of experiencing content.

24 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Additionally, anyone with Helminth installed and Railjack owned will receive an Inbox of Resources after the Hotfix goes live that includes the reduced costs. 

Feels a bit unfair for those who can play railjack missions as it isn't necessary to own one to amass resources for it. All that is required is the Archwing quest. Someone could have just as many railjack resources as someone who has never built one. If nothing else they should receive 1/2 of what players with one receive. 

Is there going to be any consideration for allowing more Open World resources to be consumed? Currently there is a surplus of fish parts, ores, and gems that Helminth could also consume.

It seems out of place that he eats all these other things, but we can't feed him any of the open world fish, ores, gems.

il y a 26 minutes, LascarCapable a dit :

The issue with Bile is more due to the lack of options IMO

thats a joke or your serious ? because we have mining ressources and fishing in all 3 open world area, and NONE of them are used in the system

15 minutes ago, Mura said:

It was first meant to be a system for MR15,  a veteran system that is not meant for new players. Now it's for MR8 and peoples are still complaining..;
HOW

People are still complaining because the resource costs aren't in line with being MR 8 - they're more in line with an MR 15 system still.

24 минуты назад, LascarCapable сказал:

especially if you don't run Railjack regularly.

if people do not want to play railjack, then this is their problem that they do not have the resources they need for helminth, and not a reason to turn warframe into some kind of casual mobile game

31 minutes ago, ---RNGesus--- said:

There should be refunds for early adopters. Not player's fault that you didn't think this through. 

How so? They are already doing their best to refund railjack resourses. And those are the only costs changed. I see nothing else that should be refunded.

Archived