Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth: Railjack Resources + Bile Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

5 minutes ago, Exon617 said:

People are still complaining because the resource costs aren't in line with being MR 8 - they're more in line with an MR 15 system still.

There is no such thing as being in line with an MR8 or an MR15, those are progression metrics for monetization not player level.                     

The bottom-line is it was and still is a system for advanced players and a resource sink so don't expect the overall costs to drop much. More resource additions maybe yes, but don't expect a lot of cost drops. DE threw some outlier MR8 veterans a bone, they are not going to drop the costs to nothing so people who barely reached MR8 recently and haven't even tried more than a handful of frames will find it cheap and easy to start sacrificing them. 

16 minutes ago, Shylo50 said:

>Nav Coordinates

Hmm... you know, these sound oddly familiar. They feel like a resource that was made worthless with the introduction of Deimos... one that should’ve been introduced with it at the start...

OH! I remember them now! I sold every single one of them because I didn’t think we would ever get a use for them since they weren’t introduced with the Helminth. 
To say I’m bitter is an understatement.

Why sell it tho?

Couldn't you just run index?

41 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Antiserum Fragment x 900
Javlok Capacitor x 7
Nav Coordinates x 50

nice, but again, these are hard or extremely annoying to farm ressources. can we have more common ressources? like EVERY OTHER SINGLE category? pretty please?

3 minutes ago, mikakor said:

nice, but again, these are hard or extremely annoying to farm ressources. can we have more common ressources? like EVERY OTHER SINGLE category? pretty please?

I wouldn't class Nav coordinates as hard to farm since like every mission drops some. 

Just now, yarl5000 said:

I wouldn't class Nav coordinates as hard to farm since like every mission drops some. 

Plus unless one sold them for the incredibly measly amount of credits they are worth (is anyone with a ton of navs really that hard pressed for credits?), most of us probably have quite a lot so no need to farm them at all. 

30 minutes ago, Mura said:

It was first meant to be a system for MR15,  a veteran system that is not meant for new players. Now it's for MR8 and peoples are still complaining..;
HOW

People are talking about how that lowering it to MR8 is useless in its entirety as there's not a single MR8 who could afford how insanely expensive helminth is.
They lowered the MR without lowering any of the resource costs, so yes, people will complain.

1 minute ago, FenricFox said:

I'd still prefer Nav Coordinates to just be removed completely - why must you keep this otherwise useless thing in the drop tables?  Great that I can feed them to Helminth, but I'd rather they just stop existing myself.

I don't disagree and they should just remove the last thing that requires them to build (Mut alad key)

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Plus unless one sold them for the incredibly measly amount of credits they are worth (is anyone with a ton of navs really that hard pressed for credits?), most of us probably have quite a lot so no need to farm them at all. 

Yeah I saw you could sell them but like they weren't worth it/I wasn't pressed enough for credits to bother.  I have sold all the javlok and antiserum I had a while back cause those I figured were worthless but look at me now.  Good news is now I will be happier to hear a prosecutor is approaching since that means food for my helmith, like how before I would just ignore the juggernaut cause i didn't care about it or the parts but now i'm happy to spawn one since it means food for my wall. 

I do appreciate this but really, this was a month overdue and it's almost like the mythical Test Cluster would've prevented this whole thing from being a problem in the first place amongst other things. Regardless, thank you for starting to end the Bile Hell most of us have been living in the last 3 weeks.

I think this is a step in the right direction but Bile needs a LOT more work considering it is the MOST USED of the helminth resources for subsuming and infusing BY FAR yet has the least amount of possible resources and the highest resource costs in relation to how much you gain.

Where is the reduction on cost per feed for Cryotic and Diluted Thermia? Why is the Bile Sac STILL NOT PART OF BILE????????????????????

Helminth ate up damn near all railjack resources. I was sitting there thinking like hot damn... all that time I spent grinding in a game mode no one plays anymore just went right down the drain and would probably discourage others from trying out railjack too...oh well I got my ship pimped out already who cares.

2 minutes ago, TheChonkySentient said:

People are talking about how that lowering it to MR8 is useless in its entirety as there's not a single MR8 who could afford how insanely expensive helminth is.
They lowered the MR without lowering any of the resource costs, so yes, people will complain.

I know at least one MR8 personally who could easily afford the system and he hasn't even played in a while. 

Until DE shares their stats, we have no idea how many MR8-14 players have a big bank for this system. 

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

Wow, those are very generous. Thank you immensely to DE and the team.

I am curious though, will we be seeing more resources added to be fed to Helminth overtime? There's still a lot that can be added.

Would be nice if we can feed some of the ores/gems (base versions) and fish resources from all open worlds to the helminth.

I mean, that's nice they are being fixed, but this is kind of unappealing for someone already almost done with Helminth (just 2 weeks or so of subsuming junk Warframes with all my wanted abilities already installed). It would have been nice if basic economy costs were looked at before launching Deimos (same goes for all the Deimos Tokens changes that have been coming out over the last few weeks). The Grab Bag isn't too bad and I appreciate the gesture.

This Helminth system was designed for experienced players at first, but it seems it was trivialized like everything else. Another update as usual.

403295315685539852.png?v=1

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I mean, that's nice they are being fixed, but this is kind of unappealing for someone already almost done with Helminth (just 2 weeks or so of subsuming junk Warframes with all my wanted abilities already installed. It would have been nice if basic economy costs were looked at before launching Deimos (same goes for all the Deimos Tokens changes that have been coming out over the last few weeks. The Grab Bag isn't too bad and I appreciate the gesture.

This Helminth system was designed for experienced players at first, but it seems it was trivialized like everything else. Another update as usual.

403295315685539852.png?v=1

Yeah, now anyone that plays Railjack for a mere 80 hours to farm hundreds of millions of credits and XP will also get their Helminth maxed for free.
They can even get to MR6 just off the intrinsics  🤠

1 hour ago, Casardis said:

Additions and changes are great. Thank you for considering the resources bags too!

Any plans to add Eidolon shards for Sentient resources? That's something that piles up without any use, very quickly.

Edit: Isn't Nav Coordinates a finite resource now that Deimos is a "linked" node? This addition will benefit longterm players who haven't sold all their navs yet, but NO ONE who plays after the Deimos update will be able to acquire them.

Perhaps more options from fish and mining? We have Free Roam plants included after all.

Nav coords still drop they just arent used in anything other than alad v keys

1 hour ago, Xardis said:

Is this a joke? Srsly, all of those are sellable for credits. There are people that this is not serving at all, for example, myself, I regularly clean my inventory out of sellable items because there is no use for them.

1 hour ago, Shylo50 said:

>Nav Coordinates

Hmm... you know, these sound oddly familiar. They feel like a resource that was made worthless with the introduction of Deimos... one that should’ve been introduced with it at the start...

OH! I remember them now! I sold every single one of them because I didn’t think we would ever get a use for them since they weren’t introduced with the Helminth. 
To say I’m bitter is an understatement.

Haha, yep. I'm in this same boat.  T_T  I've always sold my Antiserum Fragments, Javlok Capacitors, and Nav Coordinates, because they're used for practically nothing. It's no different than when one sells all their extra Harrow Chassis's or Oberon parts. I might as well turn them into something useful i.e. credits.

(For those that don't know,

• Antiserum Fragments are for the Antiserum Injector gear item from the dojo, which used to be used in the Jordas Verdict Trial. But now it can only be used in Invested Salvage missions to restore your armor, so that you don't have to use the console in the main room, which does the exact same thing...
  • Javlok Capacitors are for the Javlok speargun weapon. You make the Javlok, you master it, you either keep it or get rid of it, end of story; all future acquired Javlok capacitors are pointless.
  • And Nav Coordinates are now only used for the beacons in the New Strange Quest and for Mutalist Alad V Assassinate Keys. You only ever need to do a quest one time and once you get all your Mesa parts, there's no real reason to go back to visit Moldy Salad. Unless you want to/like him, I guess.)

It's nice that these resources will now get some use, but the fact that they are so relatively unimportant really means that they should probably be removed entirely.

On the other hand, can Orokin Ciphers be removed or also used with Helminth? Yeah, remember those shiny things you get from opening vaults on the Orokin Derelict  Deimos? They were useless except for the fact that you once needed 5 of them to make The Hidden Messages quest BP. But that got changed a while ago, back sometime in Update 22.0. Now Orokin Ciphers are completely, utterly useless; you can't even sell them or get rid of them in any way.

latest?cb=20140821000953

It does look cool though; I'd personally love to have it as a ship decoration. Or maybe it could help do something on Lua (like with the Halls of Ascension) or with the Entrati family and/or Isolation Vaults, since they are Orokin and deal with the Void, etc. ; I don't know.

42 minutes ago, zurefox said:

Would be nice feed the helminth with this thing.
FN6ti45.png

Yeah, having a use for regular Eidolon Shards (besides their singular one-time use for crafting the Paracesis and ranking up with the Quills) would be nice. And just like the Orokin Cipher, regular Eidolon Shards also cannot be sold or ridden of in any way. They just sit in your inventory, gathering dust, forever.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Why sell it tho?

Couldn't you just run index?

Why keep Creds if you didn't spend them during the proper nightwave? Why keep anything that's functionally useless at all, really?
it's a case of "existing in my inventory doing absolutely nothing" versus "a few credits are a few credits."
Honestly it's more or less my thoughts on every resource that we have ludicrous amounts of and barely use for anything.

ok so i can feed antiserum fragments to helminth now, cool. Suddenly the 12,000 fragment donation i gave to my clan for giggles years ago feels like a mistake. At least I have like 15k nav coordinates. Though I wonder why the severed bile sac wasnt added, we can feed helminth some numbers, some hot stuff, some cold stuff and some weird S#&$ we found floating in space but we cant have a bile sac in there because....reasons?

Archived