Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth: Railjack Resources + Bile Changes.

[DE]Rebecca

14 hours ago, duhadventure said:

Feels a bit unfair for those who can play railjack missions as it isn't necessary to own one to amass resources for it. All that is required is the Archwing quest. Someone could have just as many railjack resources as someone who has never built one. If nothing else they should receive 1/2 of what players with one receive. 

Hm, no they shouldn't. It's their fault for not making one.

Why would they just piggy back forever instead of building their own. You can only access railjack early so that newish players understand how it works that way when they get their railjack and know what they're doing and also have weapon blueprints, avionics and the resources to give themselves a boost to their start

Why a re player making so much fuss about common resources, when we have large amounts spare, well heres a few a lot are guilty of, 1 not actually farming the maps, just run through and only pickup from corpses, 2 not evening using loot detecting mods or vacuum/fetch, 3 speed running everything. 4 rushing helminth wasteing resources. Don't believe me. Look closely at a lot of utube meta build guides, there not in them as staple of the build and a good few copy those build guides.

Railjack i see alot saying titanium resource is to high, i ran the 3 nightwave missions on earth first mission in (2min battle time 10 mins each map) 30 mins total time solo no booster and came out with 25000 titanium. Its not rare or hard to get. Yes some balances need to be done i have some resources in the low 1000's were 500 or 1000 is feed rate, but DE should do it on actual amounts that can be farmed aswell as looking at what in your account because, its clear players aren't farming once they get pasted a certain points in game, some haven't been back to railjack since the beginning after its bad launch or maximum intrinsics reached. 

19 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno!

The Digestive period of the Helminth specimen has undergone some study, and we have some changes to announce:

Railjack Resources:

There will be a reduction in the batches of Railjack Resource Costs across the board required to yield Helminth Secretions. 

Additionally, anyone with Helminth installed and Railjack owned will receive an Inbox of Resources after the Hotfix goes live that includes the reduced costs. A perfect script is not possible, but a generous grab bag is! If you meet the criteria, you will receive the Resources via Inbox after the Hotfix date. 

Bile:

To give players more options for the Bile Secretion, we are adding the following components as feedable to Helminth to create Bile:

Antiserum Fragment x 900
Javlok Capacitor x 7
Nav Coordinates x 50

Cheers, you can look forward to these changes with full details in an upcoming PC Hotfix and the next Cert update for consoles!

Thank you. 

Pointing out that high-level players are 100% used to backtracking on updates and are slow to adopt pending guaranteed changes.

New players are unaware of your habits, but quickly become aware that new things get backtracked after jumping on their first "new update".

This creates like a Washing Machine of continual distrust in development if you can imagine all the veterans on top of the Washer as it runs, watching new players get thrown in and taken out. Every now and again one of them climbs up to the top of it, but most just get thrown in the dryer and end up back in the washer. Or disappear forever. Those players in the washer are always getting...well, washed. Every update gets a backtrack that usually hurts them terminally in terms of resources/time spent/builds reverted and those players sitting atop the machine simply wait for things to settle down first to avoid all losses.

The culture is revolving around anticipation or lack thereof to your actions after the words become hollow. This is not a criticism, rather an explanation of how in-game culture has shifted since 2017. I could either
1) Be fully aware [DE] will revert x system
2) Be unaware [DE] will revert x system
 and either way
3) We're wondering why the process isn't more refined. 

A test server would've dragged this update out for another month or two so I understand the decision not to use it in tandem with maintaining a sense of secrecy. It would serve as a power shift to address the cultural implications of missing the target on Railjack leading up to today which is matted with the devastation of COVID. We love you team, we're here to help and this game is amazing - we all love it. If you could just ease up on the gas and take a more "Business as usual" approach to addressing stability, systems overlap and cultural implications vs cultural aspirations. We can mostly agree it's more important for things to be working and to have a sense of stability over the remainder of 2020 than more broken companions/weapons or more game modes/enemies/things to do. There's so much to do that it doesn't matter how long you've been playing or how strong you are, so mission accomplished on that note. Looking directly in the face of the challenges COVID presents with respect to voice acting and audio, we COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND and ENCOURAGE you to pick up systems that don't involve capabilities you currently lack in the best interest of maximized experiential gameplay. 

Thanks for the goodie bag and additions to bile, I will completely discontinue Helminth use now until it drops. Cheers. 

20 minutes ago, (XB1)DarknessZeref said:

Thanks for the goodie bag and additions to bile, I will completely discontinue Helminth use now until it drops. Cheers. 

Eh, I'm just gonna keep avoiding railjack resources and only use argon crystals for bile for a bit.

I am pretty disheartened still by how far behind consoles have gotten, because that means I'll be waiting way longer. I would love nothing more than to be able to transfer my account to PC, starting on PS4 was a massive mistake but I didn't have a decent PC at the time.

3 hours ago, (PS4)camwyn-xenos said:

Railjack i see alot saying titanium resource is to high, i ran the 3 nightwave missions on earth first mission in (2min battle time 10 mins each map) 30 mins total time solo no booster and came out with 25000 titanium. Its not rare or hard to get.

So 30mins for a little more than one feed.
On the other hand you'll get plants, grokdrul, teroglobes, argon crystals, etc. in .. what, 5mins? .. for at least one feed?
You do you - i call that unbalanced, if not plain stupid.

4 minutes ago, Ithira said:

It's not enough to slightly reduce the RJ resource cost for the Bile section and add a few more. The already existing resources that arn't RJ also need to be reduced, For example; 3000 cryotic is insanely high.

agreed

9 minutes ago, ymirssohn said:

So 30mins for a little more than one feed.
On the other hand you'll get plants, grokdrul, teroglobes, argon crystals, etc. in .. what, 5mins? .. for at least one feed?
You do you - i call that unbalanced, if not plain stupid.

You missed what i was saying by a lot of resources, oxylus scans plants during missions opening crates and locker yeilds far more than kills. The rest you get useing mods to find them, which takes and time as well 

Certainly something to look forward to overall. Bile actively discouraged me to try out abilities due to the resources in it but also due to the appetite mechanic which could possibly need adjustments as well. There's nothing to complain about within these changes for me personally.

H o w e v e r . . .

3000 Cryotic is still a bad joke. 30 excavators. 30. For a single feeding.

As per usual I'm only talking for myself but if one of the goals of the Helminth system is to re-vitalize "dead" farms, modes and/or nodes (like excavation) it is not achieved by making the costs exorbitantly high. I will never, in a million years, do excavation 30 excavators long to feed Helminth once if I have way better (read: faster, more time/cost efficient) options such as running through Orb Vallis quickly to get 70-100+ Thermal Sludge. The appetite mechanic just makes me wait and do other things instead of switching to farming the slog resource option.

If anything - again, assuming one of your goals is to re-vitalize dead content - the Helminth costs of resources exclusive to certain (unpopular?) activities should be lower than the average. You can apply this to other things like Cetus Wisps or Diluted Thermia as well. Not only Cryotic.

I just ran 30 mins of Infested Savage to farm Antiserum Fragment. After farming around 12 waves and 28 mins, only with Smeeta Kavat and no booster, I got 1362 Antiserum Fragment. 900 of this for Bile is still too much and Nav Coordinates will be the only type resources most players will be able to obtain without running mission on specific planet. I really hope more obtainable resources will be added instead of Antiserum Fragment and Javlok Capacitor.

Anyone saying bile was good before must not be playing warframe or literally just sits in mission everyday for 8+ hours at a time.  Whatever you are smoking, it ain't legal and most of us don't do whatever that is.  I used over 100 thermia, 50k cryotic, God knows how many argons (easy or not), and copernics!? around 100+ k of that...I'm down to like 3 thermia and cannot use anything else atm.  Kinda dont care how "easy" it is for you to get, fact is it's not easy.  30 excavators is stupid, 15 Railjack missions is stupid, 5 thermia is stupid, it's stupid.  Sure, thermia will get you sludge too...MAYBE 1-4...so no bro...it doesn't work like that.

They say nav coords, I'm PRAYING it's only 50-75 and not 15,000 or some troll number like copernics and fresnels were.

23 hours ago, Testament94 said:

Is it me or did they increased Argon drop change in the Void ?

Just you? I did 4 runs of Tesshub/Oxomoco last night with a despoil Nekros and got 3. 3 damn crystals. W/o Nekros it would have been 1. Argon crystals and cetus wisps are beyond frustrating to farm. So damn annoying.

I want to point something out here in addition to my previous comment about selling every single Navigation Coordinate I owned. (For those who ask "why" and haven't seen my prior post-- it's a case of "existing and doing nothing" versus "I can make a few credits off this.") Update 28.3, when Nav Coords were made sellable, was launched on August 12th. I would assume we knew about Helminth at the time but I'm not sure. Personally, I waited to sell them, see if, when Helminth was released and I crafted it, if we could use them or not. 
We could not, so I sold them.
I'm up to 170 due to pretty much grinding exclusively Heart of Deimos. That might be a "me" problem, but frankly, I don't care. The worst part is that I'm guessing a script to refund all of that would be impossible, given the way they're handling the Railjack resources. At absolute best I can see DE handing out Nav Coords to players based on their MR or time played but nothing else.

This doesn't even feel like a fix to me. This honestly just feels like kicking us while we're down.

1 hour ago, Shylo50 said:

I want to point something out here in addition to my previous comment about selling every single Navigation Coordinate I owned. (For those who ask "why" and haven't seen my prior post-- it's a case of "existing and doing nothing" versus "I can make a few credits off this.") Update 28.3, when Nav Coords were made sellable, was launched on August 12th. I would assume we knew about Helminth at the time but I'm not sure. Personally, I waited to sell them, see if, when Helminth was released and I crafted it, if we could use them or not. 
We could not, so I sold them.
I'm up to 170 due to pretty much grinding exclusively Heart of Deimos. That might be a "me" problem, but frankly, I don't care. The worst part is that I'm guessing a script to refund all of that would be impossible, given the way they're handling the Railjack resources. At absolute best I can see DE handing out Nav Coords to players based on their MR or time played but nothing else.

This doesn't even feel like a fix to me. This honestly just feels like kicking us while we're down.

Seriously - I had millions of those things. They weren't a helminth resource, so they became credits. RIP bile.

En 23/9/2020 a las 15:33, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

Tenno!

The Digestive period of the Helminth specimen has undergone some study, and we have some changes to announce:

Railjack Resources:

There will be a reduction in the batches of Railjack Resource Costs across the board required to yield Helminth Secretions. 

Additionally, anyone with Helminth installed and Railjack owned will receive an Inbox of Resources after the Hotfix goes live that includes the reduced costs. A perfect script is not possible, but a generous grab bag is! If you meet the criteria, you will receive the Resources via Inbox after the Hotfix date. 

Bile:

To give players more options for the Bile Secretion, we are adding the following components as feedable to Helminth to create Bile:

Antiserum Fragment x 900
Javlok Capacitor x 7
Nav Coordinates x 50

Cheers, you can look forward to these changes with full details in an upcoming PC Hotfix and the next Cert update for consoles!

I mean, there is BILE SAC that i think its on biotics, wouldn´t make more sense to have it in the BILE section?. Anyways, good news

Archived