Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glassmaker Boss fight wont be what you expect...

Kaotyke

Stop to think on this, the Tenno slaughtered the Orokin.

This single Orokin against a single Tenno? If we are making a re-enact  Umbra and Operator VS Ballas... Orokin have 1 HP from the looks of things.

It will be a gimmick fight with a lot of invulnerability phases unless its a fight in the Cephalon Weave against his mind AKA an idealized version of himself.

Or we have no way to get where he is at and do an Animo/Ambulas on him: send corrupted codes or something then we go to where he is and find his glassed buttchecks, grab the sword and shove it up his [expletive deleted] and break him from there!

5 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

it'll probably be similar to Zealoid or Wolf fight

What similarities do you see between those two?

Wolf would appear randomly in any mission throughout his whole event and was simply a bullet sponge in all iterations.  Zealoid wasn't even hinted at until the finale and had a relatively complex fight in its own node.  Aside from being larger than normal humanoids, I don't really see any similarity between the two.

16 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Its gonna be a bit like Zanuka ... he'll glass your frame if you're careless then you have to go on a rescue mission to get it back.

Joking aside it'll probably be similar to Zealoid or Wolf fight and you'll have to do a few of them to get the weapon parts

He pulls you into the weave to fight him and his glass enemies and rapidly falling and shifting platforms where you have to remember clues from the past to know which platforms to go to to make him vulnerable or something. He has glass weakspots too on top of it even when he is vulnerable. If he manages to glass you, you have to do one of Nora's walk around and find clues puzzles and then successfully go through the weave jumping puzzle thing to get it back lol. 

And and each weapon piece will have a drop chance of 3.5% and the blueprint a drop chance of 1%. :devil:

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

He pulls you into the weave to fight him and his glass enemies and rapidly falling and shifting platforms where you have to remember clues from the past to know which platforms to go to to make him vulnerable or something. He has glass weakspots too on top of it even when he is vulnerable. If he manages to glass you, you have to do one of Nora's walk around and find clues puzzles and then successfully go through the weave jumping puzzle thing to get it back lol. 

dabb2329f665f9c9dc7d801ed19bad75.jpg

2 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Wait, there are peoples who expect a good bossfight? In Warframe???

1 minute ago, minininja77 said:

some still hold out hope

At least its not worse than God of War. You need to mash 1 button until you controller dies and then QTEs.

Here you need to shoot them. Then shoot them again. Then shoot them some more.

We should get a Visual Novel Boss fight, where you do nothing and just watch the scene play itself without your input. Now that is quality.

5 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Wait, there are peoples who expect a good bossfight? In Warframe???

The problem with Warframe bosses are the problem with bosses in all games. 

I have not heard a convincing argument from anyone that any game is really doing them seriously better on any major level. 

What makes other game bosses good that Warframe doesn't have?

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Stop to think on this, the Tenno slaughtered the Orokin.

This single Orokin against a single Tenno? If we are making a re-enact  Umbra and Operator VS Ballas... Orokin have 1 HP from the looks of things.

It will be a gimmick fight with a lot of invulnerability phases unless its a fight in the Cephalon Weave against his mind AKA an idealized version of himself.

Or we have no way to get where he is at and do an Animo/Ambulas on him: send corrupted codes or something then we go to where he is and find his glassed buttchecks, grab the sword and shove it up his [expletive deleted] and break him from there!

We'll just have a dance off distraction while the Railjack flies in and nukes him. Why else do we have all those emotes? :P

vor 46 Minuten schrieb Tesseract7777:

The problem with Warframe bosses are the problem with bosses in all games. 

I have not heard a convincing argument from anyone that any game is really doing them seriously better on any major level. 

Nothing. They  are a challenge for Medicore players and easy to farm for veterans. The only problem is the amount of unrewarding runs which ruins the boss for me (and very likely for others).

But in the most times tend many to say that the bosses are bad, because after 20 runs they aren't challenging anymore.

1 minute ago, ES-Flinter said:

Nothing. There are a challenge for Medicare players and easy to farm for veterans. The only problem is the amount of unrewarding runs which ruins the boss for me (and very likely for others).

But in the most times tend many to say that the bosses are bad, because after 20 runs they aren't challenging anymore.

So... no good reason then.

You could find the BEST boss fight in all of gamming, but if its UNREWARDING its ruined.

Or after running it enough times, it becomes bad because it loses the challange because you become familiar with it.

tenor.gif?itemid=4884817

11 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Nothing. There are a challenge for Medicare players and easy to farm for veterans. The only problem is the amount of unrewarding runs which ruins the boss for me (and very likely for others).

Fair enough. I will say some of the bosses definitely don't feel rewarding to fight over and over if the part you need isn't dropping. 

Exploiter Orb is an exception because she drops good resources and good standing and then you can buy and sell arcanes. 

For example, I think the Ropalolyst is a really good boss fight in terms of design, but in terms of reward, it starts getting old when you are trying to farm Wisp parts. I was trying to farm two sets the other day and had to take a break, the fights are just long enough it starts to get really frustrating when the part doesn't drop. 

But just keep in mind, that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the ropalolyst fight. The boss battle design itself being good is imo independent from whether it was actually rewarding in terms of what I get from doing it.

il y a 10 minutes, Tesseract7777 a dit :

It's a matter of taste i guess, for me to enjoy a boss fight i need :

A good music theme.

Fun mechanic that actually fit to the gameplay with a reasonable difficulty.

The boss has to be impressive visually and well writen  so that i actually care about what's going on.

A lot of FF14 bosses got that and if i had to mention one boss that i really loved it would be the final fight against Zodd on Berserk ps2  the music, the japanese woice acting, the gameplay, the animation of Guts in this fight being completly rabid ... everything was perfect for me.

I did it so many time in time attack mode that the fight became a counter orgy and it was just for the excitement and pleasure i had doing it not some S#&$ty bp that had a few % chance of dropping.

I must say that this kind of sensations are yet to be found in this game.

4 minutes ago, Syln said:

It's a matter of taste i guess, for me to enjoy a boss fight i need :

A good music theme.

Fun mechanic that actually fit to the gameplay with a reasonable difficulty.

The boss has to be impressive visually and well writen  so that i actually care about what's going on.

A lot of FF14 bosses got that and if i had to mention one boss that i really loved it would be the final fight against Zodd on Berserk ps2  the music, the japanese woice acting, the gameplay, the animation of Guts in this fight being completly rabid ... everything was perfect for me.

I did it so many time in time attack mode that the fight became a counter orgy and it was just for the excitement and pleasure i had doing it not some S#&$ty bp that had a few % chance of dropping.

I must say that this kind of sensations are yet to be found in this game.

So that's a lot of stuff mainly about theme, which is fair on a certain design level, but it's not really the part of design I am talking about.

I am referring more to game mechanics. Warframe bosses use:

Weakpoints

Structural interaction or structural weakpoints in the level itself

Special things like Parazon 

Invulnerability phases that are usually ended up some interaction with weakpoints, environment, or waiting out a special attack

Immunity or resistance to some of our more powerful cc 

damage caps so we don't just walk in and one shot something meant to be a boss

cutscenes between some phases 

Some require you to switch to special modes like operator and do special things 

What gameplay mechanics that other games use for their bosses is Warframe missing? 

Archived