kitgun rivens feel terrible to get as a reward

EDIT: Disregard.  Apparently we might be getting infested kitguns in the future. 

Kitgun rivens are widely disfavored by the community.  Check warframe.market prices for veiled kitgun rivens, and compare them to veiled pistol or melee rivens if you don't believe me. 

I would argue they feel about as bad to get as it used to feel when you unveiled a riven only to find out it was for a trash sentinel weapon.  Therefore, please consider moving kitgun rivens to the arbitrations store, or even to Simaris.

Arguably, a better solution would be to introduce more kitguns, or more universal rifle and pistol skins, so that players can be excited about these weapons and rivens.  But I'm having a hard time finding a reason to use my "LONG KISS GOODNIGHT" (old meta catchmoon) when I have my Nukor.  And why would I bother with a Tombfinger primary when I could be using the Trumna or something else with far better QOL?

Edited by sunderthefirmament
  • Like 1

The problem has nothing to do with kitgun variety and everything to do with the average kitgun riven disposition being significantly lower than the average pistol/rifle riven disposition. Thus, the probability that a veiled kitgun riven will turn into something actually capable of replacing a normal mod is slim to none, which results in low value.

If there was at least one kitgun type that had a good riven disposition (1+), then veiled kitgun rivens would be much closer to veiled pistol and rifle rivens,

well zaw and kitgun are about in the same case.

so what ?  i mean , many things are bound to be less expensive than other.
Even pistol veiled riven are way less pricier than rifle veiled riven (atleast on console)

personally i simply take every riven i can get my hands on and just try to see if i get something interesting out of it. If not i transform it into endo.

For trading purpose i usually go for full warframe prime set from relics or some specifics mods.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

well zaw and kitgun are about in the same case.

Fair point.  Maybe these rivens could be sold at their respective merchants (Hok and Zuud) then, for 75,000-100,000 standing.  It's not like there's much else to burn your standing on once you max out what you actually want.

idk, while there's less Zaws and Kitguns in the game than the main Categories, the popularity for Trade value being lower is going to be because the Lowest Common Denominator doesn't want to Craft them in their Foundry, not that they aren't useful/good.

16 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

The problem has nothing to do with kitgun variety and everything to do with the average kitgun riven disposition being significantly lower than the average pistol/rifle riven disposition

That's my main issue. All primary kitguns have dispositions so bad that every single riven is going to be worse than an ordinary mod. Half the secondary kitguns also have equally worthless rivens and the other two are just about borderline. Add in the fact that all starting riven dispositions will be at the absolute minimum and you can completely forget about getting one for any future infested kitguns - not only will it start out complete S#&$e, but the usage statistics are going to be artificially inflated for the first few months (because it's new, a lot of the players will get and use them even if only for the XP) and so they're going to remain crap for months or years.

2 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

That's my main issue. All primary kitguns have dispositions so bad that every single riven is going to be worse than an ordinary mod. Half the secondary kitguns also have equally worthless rivens and the other two are just about borderline. Add in the fact that all starting riven dispositions will be at the absolute minimum and you can completely forget about getting one for any future infested kitguns - not only will it start out complete S#&$e, but the usage statistics are going to be artificially inflated for the first few months (because it's new, a lot of the players will get and use them even if only for the XP) and so they're going to remain crap for months or years.

This is not true at all. I have some awesome Rivens for my kitguns

42 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This is not true at all. I have some awesome Rivens for my kitguns

Secondary gaze? Maybe secondary rattleguts, but 2 blobs is pushing it. I use one, but it's fairly low compared to what I could get on another gun.

All the others have a 1 blob rating (also, why the hell is this not given as a straight number in-game?).

5 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Secondary gaze? Maybe secondary rattleguts, but 2 blobs is pushing it. I use one, but it's fairly low compared to what I could get on another gun.

All the others have a 1 blob rating (also, why the hell is this not given as a straight number in-game?).

My rivens are good, but i will admit, not by much. Its mainly because its combination of stats instead of being very strong in one area. My catchmoon shotgun performs pretty well though. Well enough to not feel gimped for choosing it, but its still not my best shotgun

Edited by Hypernaut1
13 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

My rivens are good, but i will admit, not by much. Its mainly because its combination of stats instead of being very strong in one area. My catchmoon shotgun performs pretty well though. Well enough to not feel gimped for choosing it, but its still not my best shotgun

I was really hoping for a decent buff to the Catchmoon shotgun after it was first released. I believe it got a small buff but still feels very underwhelming for a shotgun. 

Admittedly, I built it for max crit instead of status. Perhaps a shotgun Catchmoon built for status would perform better...