Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More active Events in Warframe?

LoriSei

Edit: I mean events like Daily Sorties. Not talking about, Open Worlds, Nightwaves or Arbitration alerts.

Just the Star Chart mission in general. So like "Invasions"... That thing needs to go, and replace it for something else. Cuz that feels outdated in 2020.

I'm worried about it so much that the majority of the solar system missions serves no purpose at all, and my Main focus of fixing first was the Boss Fights. By having its own "Daily Sortie" treatment. Like it has it own rewards and stuff like that. Other abbandoned mission will have it own treatment too. Which it comes up with in a rotation and per day an hour u name it.

13 hours ago, baldy117 said:

there is the thermia stuff and the ghouls and there was plaque star i think?

Thats open world alerts mate. I mean most of the normal mission ( Defense, Mobile Defense, Spy, Capture, Exterminate, Sabotage/Rescue, Survival and Disruption) doesn't really do anything once u finish it. Like exmaple. Would I really go back to earth just to do capture?

14 minutes ago, superiouz said:

So like kuva siphon or nightmare? 

Here's my quote post down below...

14 hours ago, LoriSei said:

Edit: I mean events like Daily Sorties. Not talking about, Open Worlds, Nightwaves or Arbitration alerts.

More likely alerts treated for specific mission in Starchart just with better rewards. Before it exist, but Warframe didn't look it obvious. Although I like the alerts more focus on the bosses than normal misssions.

If u mean Kuva Survival is not good since Steel Path grind exist Just go Ophelia (Steel Path) to get Tellerium, Galium, Plastids, Polymer Bundle, and Steel Essence. So right now the grind for Kuva Survival is pointless. 

14 hours ago, Voltage said:

Like Alerts?

736938058674601994.gif?v=1

Gasp..... alerts?  the things we used to have that did this very thing on a small scale, but still did it?  we cant have variety in here young tenno, we demand isolated islands, sparsely occupied nodes, barren wastelands of gameplay, this is what players want to se......hmm hang on.

1 minute ago, Methanoid said:

Gasp..... alerts?  the things we used to have that did this very thing on a small scale, but still did it?  we cant have variety in here young tenno, we demand isolated islands, sparsely occupied nodes, barren wastelands of gameplay, this is what players want to se......hmm hang on.

Yeah although rewards in the old alerts are miniscule in 2020. But I never seen Boss Fight alerts... Raid?

I'd definitely like to see more regular small events. Especially:

Would love to have another event like the Disruption Endurance, where you'd try to go as high as possible with a dedicated comp.

Also the Conclave mini-events from years ago, Snowday Showdown, Quick Steel, and Hearts & Arrows.

the thing about events is that DE uses them as a backup plan when player numbers start dwindling. not enough people online and the update isn't ready? just flick the switch for Plague Star, or Scarlet Spear, or one of the older events like Proxy Rebellion. they already make sure Razorback, Formorians, Ghouls and Thermia Fractures are on a constant rotation, the former two being decided by how quickly players complete Invasions. it buys DE time to get the next update out of the door.

I'd love for them to be more frequent, but then what would DE use when there's nothing going on? we're long overdue another Plague Star, so I believe that will be next, but as it stands there's enough people around sine Deimos launched and we have another update for Deimos Soon™ along with some other content. wouldn't mind a new event either, which I'm guessing would be Deimos themed; Plains have the Ghouls, Fortuna has the Thermia Fractures, so Deimos should also get an event at some point.

On 2020-09-23 at 5:58 PM, LoriSei said:

Just the Star Chart mission in general. So like "Invasions"... That thing needs to go, and replace it for something else. Cuz that feels outdated in 2020.

I'm worried about it so much that the majority of the solar system missions serves no purpose at all, and my Main focus of fixing first was the Boss Fights. By having its own "Daily Sortie" treatment. Like it has it own rewards and stuff like that. Other abbandoned mission will have it own treatment too. Which it comes up with in a rotation and per day an hour u name it.

i do wish DE would have more events that allowed the player base to affect the story.
like with how we choice to cure alad v of his pimples.... no wait it was his infested acene right?

I do miss when this "live service" game actually felt alive. Things like tactical alerts, small quests, and big events that came around every few months, instead of years, made it actually feel like things were happening out there, beyond our little missions.

But one of the main things that kept that going, and kept me coming back, was the basic alert system. Simply having some extra random missions on a constant rotation was so much better than the dead air we have now. The only problem that the alerts system had was its reward pool. It had never been cleaned up, so of course it was bloated with junk. If DE had simply gone in and fixed that up, it would have been fine. Boost the credit and resource numbers, make helmets more common, etc. Hek, maybe even add an "alert cred" resource to some of them to give us a bit more control over what we got, like Nightwave supposedly did.

But no. They had to remove a perfectly functional, yet slightly outdated, system and replace it with the awful battlepass fad. (If everyone's doing it, it has to be good? Right?) So now, instead of always having a nice fresh rotation of missions to play, we get the endless tedium of doing the same tiny set of "challenges" over and over for months at a time. But hey! they cleaned up the reward pool and skimmed out most of the junk! Its easier to get your shiny new toys, so all is forgiven! Who cares if you can only get four items per week? And who cares if you have to grind through 29 ranks of stuff you don't want, just to get the one thing you do? Its better, I swear!

Who cares that the only "story" we get from Nightwave comes in tiny little post-it note sized chapters that are months apart. Or that none of them have had any lasting impact on Warframe's lore or gameplay at all. But that doesn't matter! Because now you can choose whether you spend your hard farmed pittance on something fun that you want, or the endless stream of Nitain and Kuva that you NEED. Those oh so addictive extrinsic rewards were totally worth giving up all the intrinsic ones for, guys!

7 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

I do miss when this "live service" game actually felt alive. Things like tactical alerts, small quests, and big events that came around every few months, instead of years, made it actually feel like things were happening out there, beyond our little missions.

But one of the main things that kept that going, and kept me coming back, was the basic alert system. Simply having some extra random missions on a constant rotation was so much better than the dead air we have now. The only problem that the alerts system had was its reward pool. It had never been cleaned up, so of course it was bloated with junk. If DE had simply gone in and fixed that up, it would have been fine. Boost the credit and resource numbers, make helmets more common, etc. Hek, maybe even add an "alert cred" resource to some of them to give us a bit more control over what we got, like Nightwave supposedly did.

But no. They had to remove a perfectly functional, yet slightly outdated, system and replace it with the awful battlepass fad. (If everyone's doing it, it has to be good? Right?) So now, instead of always having a nice fresh rotation of missions to play, we get the endless tedium of doing the same tiny set of "challenges" over and over for months at a time. But hey! they cleaned up the reward pool and skimmed out most of the junk! Its easier to get your shiny new toys, so all is forgiven! Who cares if you can only get four items per week? And who cares if you have to grind through 29 ranks of stuff you don't want, just to get the one thing you do? Its better, I swear!

Who cares that the only "story" we get from Nightwave comes in tiny little post-it note sized chapters that are months apart. Or that none of them have had any lasting impact on Warframe's lore or gameplay at all. But that doesn't matter! Because now you can choose whether you spend your hard farmed pittance on something fun that you want, or the endless stream of Nitain and Kuva that you NEED. Those oh so addictive extrinsic rewards were totally worth giving up all the intrinsic ones for, guys!

Alerts keep game alive for sure and our interest to see things happening...with alerts warframe was much more alive before nw. NW has good points but become the game more dead ....the factor surprise means life.

3 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

Alerts keep game alive for sure and our interest to see things happening...with alerts warframe was much more alive before nw. NW has good points but become the game more dead ....the factor surprise means life.

Pretty much alerts wasn't doing well cuz of how miniscule the rewards are. Also in NW it's almost the same stuff u see laying around. For almost 20 weeks now...

13 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

i do wish DE would have more events that allowed the player base to affect the story.
like with how we choice to cure alad v of his pimples.... no wait it was his infested acene right?

Well programming is a hard thing to do such as making specific missions for us to do but. I really want to push Boss alerts much easier to do and also. Cuz I haven't been playing it since. I had no reason to go back.

On 2020-09-24 at 4:35 PM, Kaotyke said:

Nnnnnnooooooo.... It will overwhelm the n3u P@¥3πs.

Too much to do. They will flee at the first opportunity. Nnneeeiiiiinnnnn.

Well NW is more complex than Alerts for new players... Cuz u have to do specific challenges. Like do Hydrolyst capture which new players can't do.

Back when theres normal alerts If the game gives Affinity/Resource booster or a Forma, Endo, Credits for a reasonable amount then I oblige to play them anywhere in starchart.

Boss Battle/Boss Raid/Boss Alerts, u name it... Is more needed in this game. Just look how much the hype we get when Plague Star is around... But that shiet is also milking its content too much and its the only raid boss event I'd ever played in recent years.

9 minutes ago, LoriSei said:

Well NW is more complex than Alerts for new players... Cuz u have to do specific challenges. Like do Hydrolyst capture which new players can't do.

Back when theres normal alerts If the game gives Affinity/Resource booster or a Forma, Endo, Credits for a reasonable amount then I oblige to play them anywhere in starchart.

Boss Battle/Boss Raid/Boss Alerts, u name it... Is more needed in this game. Just look how much the hype we get when Plague Star is around... But that shiet is also milking its content too much and its the only raid boss event I'd ever played in recent years.

I want the return of alerts but with rework off course in prizes and duration 2/3 days for potatoes/rivens. And new alerts for railjack, eidolons, spiders...

What the comunity wants is more surprises not stagnation like nw is. NW need to go and never come back again.

All games that adopt the alert system or dynamic loot are the most successful because there is a motivation factor .... nw is just the opposite .... it is a system coupled with laziness. And it's hindering player retention.

6 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

What the comunity wants is more surprises not stagnation like nw is.

Warfarme sucks at advertising important missions like (Eidolons, Orb Spiders, Lich, and Star Chart Boss) as they don't come up in the front page of alerts. Instead they keep it in a location blending in with normal set of bounties... Talkin bout of bad game design. Like lietraly I wouldn't notice if I don't look throughly.

Archived