Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ttinity Still Needs Work

Arcrival

I am new to the game but lvl'd up trinity as my second warframe I kind of looked at it as shoot and heal soo maybe a pali war priest feel. Sheesh low survivability and the utility or even full support role is horrible.

Blessing is nice maybe a little too nice but in this fast paced game you need this type of ability. Can use all the weapons and buff them like the others so still get to help kill stuff.

Thats about it for pro's.

Con's!

Survivability is awefull. WoL meh so I hang a mob in air everyone shoot it for health? Never mind the wave of other mobs still blasting you lol. Make it a aoe dot or bleed effect or do like frost banshee ember make Trinity a well and if you are in the bubble you get some hp or incoming mobs to the cell suffer DOT which transfers to the group. Hey this is a fast paced game we are on the move we realy need a grp buff so we can stay on the move make it a life tap on any mob the grp hits?

Link - meh what ever not realy effective why take away from other resources the reflected amount mobs can still out dps it and kill you.

EV - good in theory bad in application. The change sounds ok I used it today no I did not see a benefit course I die really fast too so if I am swarmed it wont matter.

Healer types typicaly have a high AC and HP pool not seeing that here so if this class is a straight support healer do I need to point out that she doesn't have many options to do this? If the class is more of a hybrid kill and heal then we need to help out it's survivability and again give her the tools to do the job .

This warframe is really bad I built it cause I have only seen and played with 2 since I started playing this game. Now I know why she dont bring much to the table

Ballsy writeup for a second post.

Unfortunately, I think you are completely incorrect in your assessment, save for WoL (but it does have some synergy with EV, making the mob harder to accidentally kill). EV is an AoE energy restore and a perma-stun. Link is a massive damage reduction and damage redirect and CC immunity. Blessing is god mode -- who needs survivability when you are invincible?

Edited by honeybadger

Ballsy writeup for a second post.

Unfortunately, I think you are completely incorrect in your assessment, save for WoL (but it does have some synergy with EV, making the mob harder to accidentally kill). EV is an AoE energy restore and a perma-stun. Link is a massive damage reduction and damage redirect and CC immunity. Blessing is god mode -- who needs survivability when you are invincible?

pff, the invincibility doesn't last that long - but with a group of four what does it matter ? 

Trinity isn't the classic medic class that most people wish her to be.  She's good to have in higher tiers where your teammates takes damage often - also nightmare is much better with her around.  Trinity is good as is - 

For WoL - I think i'd be a cool mechanic to use to buff the max hp of allies too ~ ( I'm not sure if you can do that now, never tried ) 

Paliwarpriest. Sounds about right.

Trinity is able to take big enemies out of commission while turning them into life piñata. (Good skill.)

Energy Vampire is currently in the best state it's ever been. (I hear it's about to be wrecked though.)

Link is great for surviving crazy situations all the way up to enemies in the ~150s.

Blessing might be a bit OP, but it would be hard to tweak without destroying its usability. 

Well of Life - Holds an enemy, increasing their hp making them hard to kill. Ask yourself: "What can I use that for?"

Energy Vampire - A nice way to maintain energy. Use on high hp targets for maximum effect. *wink wink*

Link - Deals some damage but is best used to prevent knockdown. Some ally weapons will also transfer dmg.

Blessing - Full party immortality for a fair duration, that also fully heals and has infinite range.

No, Trinity doesn't need more work. She's pretty awesome and feels complete to me. Been using her for days and my friends are loving it as well

Edited by Bitfly

Trinity is FINE... I knew this post would be ALL WRONG when I read "I'm new" Get some experience before analyzing frames.

- Well of Life is great for it's CC, effectively removing that target for the duration of the ability, and topping up on HP

- Energy Vampire has great synergy with WoL, keeping the target alive for it's duration to allow full energy restore, and up to 2 EV casts on target

- Link is straight up damage reduction, and has synergy with Blessing (damage is still reflected while invincible).

- Blessing is a full HP and Shield restore along with short invincibility. nuff said.

Modded correctly Trinity can be a godsend when S#&$ hits the fan, so long as you aren't trying to defend something, that's somebody elses job.

Edited by AXCrusnik

Wish Blessing had the same immunity to knockdown as Link. Probably should use both at the same time coupled with EV to fuel the energy. Failed to revive a buddy yesterday because I kept getting knocked down by the crowd of grineer heavies surrounding his body. I'm still learning how to Trinity.

I'm sorry you don't see Trinity being worth much but I couldn't disagree harder if I tried.

Well of life does a lot more than you give it credit for. Simply lifting an enemy off the ground and leaving them helpless is a great way to remove a single powerful enemy from your teams hair. Coupled that it allows team mates to regain health multiple times throughout its duration makes it a cheap and efficient healing ability. Combing it with energy vampire keeps your energy beacon from dieing in two seconds.

Due to her fragility, she has abilities that can allow her to soak up damage but she still requires a careful approach. To be honest, I don't think she's the frame for you at all. Sounds like you'd be more at home with Rhino. Trinity is not the typical healer type you seem to be thinking of but that's far from being a bad thing.

I got mine Trinity yesterday and I can tell you that she's completely fine.

Mine is level 17 or 18 atm, non-potatoed and she is already pretty damn good.

One word - Blessing. It's awesome. Get some duration and you're dying only when you run out of energy. And for that...

There is a certain power called Energy Vampire.

See? Don't need much more, I don't even bother with Well of Life or Link right now.

So

Use Blessing

Cast Energy Vampire on the right targets (ones with more hp), even better if your teammates can't see them because a lot of people will kill them before EV's effect will take place

Soon you'll change your mind about Trinity

For WoL - I think i'd be a cool mechanic to use to buff the max hp of allies too ~ ( I'm not sure if you can do that now, never tried ) 

Well, I'm using her with Physique aura (only other matching one would be Infested Impedance, IIRC) - so that's already a buff on my team's HP ...

/e: Ok, looked it up, third D-polarity aura is Rejuvenation - but that would be rather pointless, wouldn't it?

Edited by Bibliothekar

taYGXqD.jpg

check this out, everyone wants me to be in their team.

I find Trinity the best in-game tank, there's no frost or rhino that can give more support than a simple trinity, she's more than perfect, I can pretty good lasts for 1 hour farming at Eris - Nuovo "Grineer Survive". Tell me, which Rhino will lasts there even for 30 minutes without her. Those Heavy grineer buddies 1 shoot anything, so I doubt she's that useless as you say.

Another "+" of Trinity - I can fully use my megaformapotatoed Ogris without hurting myself, and trust me, i make done much more damage than nova, im always done after 1 hour with over 1000 kills and like 45-60% dmg done out of all team.

Learn to play her, and she'll discover to you greatest tactics. It's the only frame that able to solo ANYTHIN, as long she has enough energy.

P.S I have a nonsense stretch cause i dont have a mod to replace it, so mind it as free slot

Edited by Cptn.nVbs

New to Trinity myself here, so I might as well give my own feedback. Link and Blessing are perfectly fine, especially is tandem with each other, you can be invincible while redirecting heavy's attacks back at them and their teammates, so long as your energy holds out.

Energy Vampire is kinda meh, while the actually stun mechanic is nice, it's slow (even slower with duration mods), it actually discourages you from killing an enemy, and the tradeoff is pretty low (although I'll admit it could just be because I don't have any mods to boost the energy return yet). It's still a decent skill, but I only really use it to stun a heavy or if I'm really low on energy.

I really don't care for WoL. Again, it stuns a target and lifts them in the air, but it gives them more health, which just makes them a bullet sponge, even more so if they're a heavy unit, and you'd be better off just using EV to stun them instead and get some free energy. Plus there's rarely a situation where you're going to use it over Blessing, so it feels incredibly situational to me.

So I would only really want to see an overhaul on WoL, perhaps just make it a simple "kill targeted enemy and everyone nearby gets a certain amount of health back" skill; having to give the target more health seems unnecessary to me. EV is decent as is, but I say make it restore energy at a constant rate instead of in pulses, so that way it actually does benefit from duration mods.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

taYGXqD.jpg

check this out, everyone wants me to be in their team.

I find Trinity the best in-game tank, there's no frost or rhino that can give more support than a simple trinity, she's more than perfect, I can pretty good lasts for 1 hour farming at Eris - Nuovo "Grineer Survive". Tell me, which Rhino will lasts there even for 30 minutes without her. Those Heavy grineer buddies 1 shoot anything, so I doubt she's that useless as you say.

Another "+" of Trinity - I can fully use my megaformapotatoed Ogris without hurting myself, and trust me, i make done much more damage than nova, im always done after 1 hour with over 1000 kills and like 45-60% dmg done out of all team.

Learn to play her, and she'll discover to you greatest tactics. It's the only frame that able to solo ANYTHIN, as long she has enough energy.

P.S I have a nonsense stretch cause i dont have a mod to replace it, so mind it as free slot

Using fleeting expertise you lose 6 second on your blessing but it's cost is 25 energy, and 20 for link, so you don't need EV e Flow either. (I Still use Flow cause i like to have 450 energy).   

Edited by Solomon85