Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When is a good time to sell prime parts?

XTROPrime

Question

I was on from 8 pm Eastern standard time today until 11:00 pm  (Wednesday 9/23/2020) .  I found the selling was not very brisk. I give the price I'm selling for and base it on what I see in Warframe Market.

Baro Ki'teer's kiosk tells me he'll be in system  in 1 day and 9 hours.   I would think that there would be some relationship between the briskness of trade and the arrival of Baro Ki'teer, but I can't see what it might be.   Does it pick up after he gets here and fall off after he's just gone?  Is it a day of the week thing with Wednesday being an off day?   Any heavy traders here know how this works?

11 answers to this question

Are you trading in a relay? Thats a pretty unlikely way to get something sold.

Agreed.  I should have mentioned.  I used trade chat.  Mainly putting out "WTS" messages.

Use warframe.market.

I use it to set my prices. I'm still  not clear on how the rest of it works.  Don't want to offer something for sale and then forget what I offered and sell it to Baro Ki' teer. Is that possible to do?

1 hour ago, XTROPrime said:

Agreed.  I should have mentioned.  I used trade chat.  Mainly putting out "WTS" messages.

I use it to set my prices. I'm still  not clear on how the rest of it works.  Don't want to offer something for sale and then forget what I offered and sell it to Baro Ki' teer. Is that possible to do?

Yes,  that's very possible to do,  it's why you shouldn't make many too many sell orders.   If you just want to make fast plat on warframe.market,   you're better off responding to buy orders from people who are in game.    But you won't make as much that way because buy orders are usually lower than sell orders.  

To answer your question:

The best time to sell stuff is immedeately around its release.  Like 1st week of release super easy, 2nd week low odds, 3rd week and beyond dont try to sell just look for people buying.  

Thats only for new stuff.   Ember and Frost and all their junk is about to drop for example.   Problem is its 5-7+ years for most people.  not alot of demand....   but there still a small handful of newbies,  however there is a ton of vets with massive supply..... so prices will be garbage for selling.... unless you catch the noobs who have filtered out WTS and cant see how dirt cheap things are.  

--------------

Not sure why you are bringing up Baro unless your trying to sell Baro junk...   thats 1 mill credits per item for people buying so I dont know how well you can move that stuff to begin with.  Newbs who dont have ducats prob dont have credits either lol.   Even if they did have the credits they would probably want to spend it on maxing out mods....   I've never tried to sell Baro junk so I dont really know lol.    I can barely farm the ducats to buy myself the stuff from there lol.  

I've noticed that prices are better in the morning than in the evening,

I wish to thank Aazhyd for this key piece of advice. I'm a night bird, but I got on this Sunday morning and found buyers in supply.  Made about 50 platinum just selling Prime Junk and socketed Ayatan sculptures.  Took care of my slot expansion needs.   "The early bird gets the worm"  and its surprising how often a truism turns out to be true.  In the morning you're getting all the people who haven't spent their platinum yet.

Best time to sell junk parts is when Baro is around with something nice in his inventory.

I also wish to thank schilds.  Baro is now around and with nice things.  So this was true.

I'll just mention one more thing for when someone else does a search on this topic.:

When you sell, make sure you offer six things. The trade screen only has six slots. This is called a 'full trade.' Tennos have only a certain number of trades they can make in a day based on their Mastery Rank.  The people that really buy a lot of stuff like to make each trade count and so will select sell offers that have the full six items for sale.   Before I was selling less than six items because I mistakenly thought the trade screen had only five slots.

On 2020-09-24 at 5:19 AM, XTROPrime said:

I was on from 8 pm Eastern standard time today until 11:00 pm  (Wednesday 9/23/2020) .  I found the selling was not very brisk. I give the price I'm selling for and base it on what I see in Warframe Market.

Baro Ki'teer's kiosk tells me he'll be in system  in 1 day and 9 hours.   I would think that there would be some relationship between the briskness of trade and the arrival of Baro Ki'teer, but I can't see what it might be.   Does it pick up after he gets here and fall off after he's just gone?  Is it a day of the week thing with Wednesday being an off day?   Any heavy traders here know how this works?

a good time to sell prime parts is the time when you have the full set and put it up at the lowest price on warframe.market

Archived