Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another New Planet: Makemake, the Last Battlefield of the Old War

Flamealisk

Just a heads up, but unmarked spoilers for the Sacrifice, Hearts of Deimos, and my other planet idea, Enceladus are in this. You have been warned.

Makemake: The furthest inhabited body in the solar system, the Orokin intended this place to be a land of contrasts - a paradise and reward for their most valued....and a place of exile for their most disgraced. The difference mostly came down to accommodations - those who still maintained grace had the ability to contact their relatives and allies. Those who didn't were thrown into a gilded cage. Often, the differences were surprisingly small.

Of course, that hid Makemake's true purpose.

The true intent of Makemake was to act as an advanced research facility for all kinds of weapons - ones the executors did not want to observe until perfected. Thus, those assigned to research these devices were effectively exiled until their experiments were completed. Many of the greatest weapons the Orokin developed were made here.

Predictably, Makemake was attacked by a huge sentient force during the Old War...and yet, when it did fall, none of its assailants returned to fight in later parts of the war. Why is a mystery that was left unanswered....until now.

New Quest: Old War's End - Head to a forgotten battlefield to end the Old War...and prepare for a new one.

Unlock Requirements: Complete The Sacrifice and the Sedna Junction (new for this planet, need to think of missions to complete for it).

Mail for startup:

Attention Tenno,

In compliance with Protocol 3786-B, all Tenno not engaged in other conflicts are hereby ordered to travel to Makemake due to the encroaching sentient threat. 

Make haste - our enemy (̸͉͈̥͉̲̦̣͈̝̠̼̪̮̻̯̬͇̗̜̭͚͓̰̖͒̓͌̅̊̾̉̐͛͆̃̃̒̀̂͋̾̆̏̇͛͗͊́̆̀͘k̸̦̹͓͔̥͉͇͙̥̳̹̣̲͙̦̙̞̫͓̰̩̥̞̻͉̳͔̲̙̪̬̝̓̿̌͗̃̈́̈̏́̎̇̏̎̿́̈̀̃̍̋̎̊̿͐͘͘͝͝ĩ̴̡̨̡̛̩̳͙̤̘̙̪̻̟̙͇͚̲̲̠̮̻̥͉̳̰̪̣͈̬̜͉͚͕̠͉̀̅̈̄̆̈͛̐̋̇͐̒̌̇̓͘̚̕͘̕͝͝n̷̡̛̙̹̪̩͙̻̥͕̲͎̼̰̦̗͇̪̈̈̀́́̓͐́͋̊͒̓̎̏̅̎̀͘͜͝)̷̧̨̢̨̧̧̻͍͔͓̠̼̭͙̬̘̺͈̼̲͎̥͍͉͓͍̀̂́́̆̄̀̓̐̅̊̽̋͐̔̇͑̓͊̾͐͆̆͗͂̂̐̇̎̉̄́̏̚̚̚͝͝ grow stronger by the day.

Executor Quilla

Quest Transcript (WIP)

Spoiler

The Landing Craft flies over a partially abandoned city. Around them, strange creatures flutter about, looking on in hunger. 

Operator: Is this the place, Ordis?

Ordis: Correct - this is the primary landing station for Kuzco, Capital of Makemake. We shouldn't be here....

Operator: But we need to know what is happening here. Especially if the Orokin are still alive.

Ordis: True. Be careful.

The player's warframe jumps onto the platform. Gameplay begins.

XXXXXXX

The Tenno would traverse through the abandoned portions of the capital, occasionally finding the partially rotten corpses of empiros corrupted, the primary enemy faction of Makemake. 

Operator: Even out here, there's a neural sentry.

Ordis: The Orokin didn't take chances....Operator, detecting movement nearby.

Operator: Track it.

Eventually, the operator would encounter active corrupted and engage them in battle. This would happen three times, with the third encounter being interrupted by a massive, misshapen sentient. Unable to damage it due to its canceresque flesh, the operator retreats deeper into the capital, eventually coming to a halt within the inner palace.

Female Voice: So, it seems you have arrived at last.

Confused, the Operator would turn their warframe and meet Quilla, who would apologize for dragging them here. Just as she is about to explain herself, a trio of sentients emerge from the shadows and surround the Tenno. Before they can attack though, a new voice speaks up.

Male Voice: Enough. I did not invite this void demon here to slaughter them.

Turning toward the voice, the Tenno would find themselves looking at a strange sentient...one that resembles Natah, but male.

Male Voice: My apologies for that. Now, introductions: I am Inti...and I want to end the Old War.

New Faction: Nahua

A collection of undesirables among both the Orokin and the Sentients, the Nahua have decided to live together in peace, rather than continue the Old War. But with the New War on the Horizon, they may be forced to act.

The Nahua are a unique syndicate, consisting of the Nobles and the Commoners - the Commoners are lead by the Sentient Lord Inti, chosen as leader by acclaim. The Nobles are lead by the most prestigious among their founds, Quilla. And if you're wondering, yeah, they're married, just as their namesakes were in Incan Mythology.

Also, strictly speaking, there is no Operator specific syndicate for Makemake - both groups offer items to both Warframe and Operator. By this point, you've already unlocked your operator form, so keeping a lid on it is rather silly.

Integration: a New prospect to an old system

Unlike most open worlds, the Makemake open world (the Xotec Pampas) would have direct connections to the rest of the maps. The main nodes for Makemake would occasionally have altars dedicated to certain members of the Nobles of the Nahua - currently decided ones are Supai, Camazotz, and Tlaloc. Completing missions in the Pampas would unlock blueprints for tributes -special offerings for the various great nobles. Offering the appropriate tributes at an altar would reward you with tons of resources, several Pampas resources, and either a mod or a relic. 

Going to add more, but I am burnt out now. I can still answer questions, though.

14 hours ago, Cobalt313 said:

I like the idea of Sentients living up to their namesake and choosing to seek a peaceful existence in Origin without the threat of the Orokin coming over to screw Tau more than I probably should.

They've had enough violence and want peace. Erra and Hunhow don't see it this way, though.

Also, Kuzco is meant to progressively become more lively as the player ranks up. I'll post the exact meaning of this in the main post, but the idea is that the city initially starts as a ghost town, but as you rank up and help the Nahua break out of their isolation, you get to see them being more active. For example, you might see a few kids playing some kind of charades game at rank 0, but at Rank 5, a bunch of them can be seen playing hide and seek.

On 2020-09-28 at 2:47 PM, Flamealisk said:

They've had enough violence and want peace. Erra and Hunhow don't see it this way, though.

Also, Kuzco is meant to progressively become more lively as the player ranks up. I'll post the exact meaning of this in the main post, but the idea is that the city initially starts as a ghost town, but as you rank up and help the Nahua break out of their isolation, you get to see them being more active. For example, you might see a few kids playing some kind of charades game at rank 0, but at Rank 5, a bunch of them can be seen playing hide and seek.

Does this one have an Operator-exclusive sub-faction too? Perhaps a hermit weaponsmith or Sentient pariah who has a lot of Sentient-killer technology on hand that they now have no use for?

7 hours ago, Cobalt313 said:

Does this one have an Operator-exclusive sub-faction too? Perhaps a hermit weaponsmith or Sentient pariah who has a lot of Sentient-killer technology on hand that they now have no use for?

Somewhere. Technically, though, both syndicates are operator syndicates. Unlocking Makemake would require completing The War Within.

Archived