Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have A Bad Feeling About This Upcoming Changes

TeddyBear

Hope its not too drastic or too game changing to the point where its unbearable. 

tH7kXpX.png

Any thoughts? Concerns? 

Nvm

I'm referring to the event here, not some radical change we're going to surprise you with!

That said, I think its a totally rad event and if the community digs the stuff it is attempting to do then it may influence the game in a larger way.

For now, relax, its just for the event.

Edited by TeddyBear

Gravidus?

Gradivus is an aspect of Mars, the roman god of war (a.k.a. Ares for the greeks). Wikipedia says this on him:

[Mars] Gradivus was one of the gods by whom a general or soldiers might swear an oath to be valorous in battle.[88] His temple outside the Porta Capena was where armies gathered. The archaic priesthood of Mars Gradivus was the Salii, the "leaping priests" who danced ritually in armor as a prelude to war.[89] His cult title is most often taken to mean "the Strider" or "the Marching God," from gradus, "step, march."[90]

The poet Statius addresses him as "the most implacable of the gods,"[91] but Valerius Maximus concludes his history by invoking Mars Gradivus as "author and support of the name 'Roman'":[92] Gradivus is asked – along with Capitoline Jupiter and Vesta, as the keeper of Rome's perpetual flame – to "guard, preserve, and protect" the state, the peace, and the princeps (the emperor Tiberius at the time).[93]

A source from late antiquity says that the wife of Gradivus was Nereia, the daughter of Nereus, and that he loved her passionately.[94]

Google is your friend :3

"The Gradivus Dilemma" is probably just the name of the event.

PS: Be careful, "gravid" means pregnant. Not exactly the same meaning as "God of War"...

Edited by Kaian-a-coel

Gravidus is an aspect of Mars, the roman god of war (a.k.a. Ares for the greeks). Wikipedia says this on him:

[Mars] Gradivus was one of the gods by whom a general or soldiers might swear an oath to be valorous in battle.[88] His temple outside the Porta Capena was where armies gathered. The archaic priesthood of Mars Gradivus was the Salii, the "leaping priests" who danced ritually in armor as a prelude to war.[89] His cult title is most often taken to mean "the Strider" or "the Marching God," from gradus, "step, march."[90]

The poet Statius addresses him as "the most implacable of the gods,"[91] but Valerius Maximus concludes his history by invoking Mars Gradivus as "author and support of the name 'Roman'":[92] Gradivus is asked – along with Capitoline Jupiter and Vesta, as the keeper of Rome's perpetual flame – to "guard, preserve, and protect" the state, the peace, and the princeps (the emperor Tiberius at the time).[93]

A source from late antiquity says that the wife of Gradivus was Nereia, the daughter of Nereus, and that he loved her passionately.[94]

"The Gravidus Dilemma" is probably just the name of the event.

Good thing wikipedia exists, right?

I'm referring to the event here, not some radical change we're going to surprise you with!

That said, I think its a totally rad event and if the community digs the stuff it is attempting to do then it may influence the game in a larger way.

Gradivus dilemma is probably going to be the name of the event/update.

As for the "charge the core" part, it either means what was talked about in the livestream (mission nodes changing factions) or Armor 2.0.

I think the update is supposed to be called the Zanuka Project, but I could be wrong. We will found out very soon.

I'd guess its the Sabotage rework they've talked about then. just a guess tho

I think you're right on the money there. I know they have been talking about changes to the Sabotage missions, so this is possible. Since this is a "last minute polish", maybe they will be coming out along with the event. At any rate, we'll be finding out in about half an hour or so, I'm guessing.

How is Gradivus and the event related?

Yesss YESSSS excellent excellent. 

Thanks for the update.