We do need more open worlds (and expansions of what we have)

Because Warframe is basically bounties/heists since we don't have raids (anymore).

Something like Railjack is also a good addition, I do wish that it can be tied to something in the future (The New War?).

I feel that Warframe missions are far too short so that I don't feel like playing with others because you want to breeze through them as fast as possible (fissures, kuva lich, sorties, etc.). The only thing I feel like playing the game and can have chat with other teammates are in bounties. I do miss raids like in other MMOs that I've played. The sense that you could fail and feeling rewarded when you perform well isn't really present in Warframe (maybe when you first capture your Teralyst or killing Profit Taker).

BTW I feel something like Tera Online's Rift's Edge Hard Mode is more satisfying than Tricaps. Or maybe I look at it with too much nostalgia.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Naysayers in 3... 2...

south park mob GIF

I'd rather the focus be on expanding the existing ones: some new content for Plains, 3rd Orb Mother fight for Fortuna, second part of Deimos (soon) and then tie it all together with the main game by allowing Syndicate missions, fissures, invasions etc. to take place on open maps. ideally I'd also want railjack to be integrated somehow, perhaps via Squad Link, but I know I'm pushing it already lol.

as for the next open world, let it be Duviri. we've waited a long time, Deimos was a nice surprise but I think the only open world that would even come close to being liked even by naysayers is the bizarre Void-World where the narrative would actually advance and we get to see adult operators.

• Like 8

Ideas of expansions? Let's see:

An idea of a sort of "expedition" game mode or bounty where you travel beyond an open world map into a generated mission in search of something/seeking to complete new objectives. This can absolutely fit for all the open worlds, and in multiple ways.

1. The Plain of Eidolon: The ocean, Sharkwing, and beyond the Orokin barriers. Implementing the Grineer underwater lab tileset with a slight rework to have Earth-like surroundings and removing references to tubemen and that bright yellow goo ( and implement this on Mariana ) could be interesting. No need to make it too ambitious with its transition, it could be a form of bounty that requires you and party to head out with an Ostron boat team. You head out from town, loading up a new map that starts either with an empty ocean view where you jump into the water, transition into sharkwing, and move in to enter a Grineer underwater base. Or even simpler, using the existing surface entrance of the tileset. It can be populated with whatever specific objectives, with your team escaping and heading back to the Cetus bay.

The actual map of the Plains can be expanded on as well, with locales around the farthest reaches of the map similar to that hidden cove that you can enter from the northeast-most cave. With custom made tiles that mix the aesthetic of the Plains with the forests of the Earth tileset, similar to the new prologue's map. That map is beautifully handcrafted but doesn't at ALL reflect how the Earth tileset looks, and is separate from the entirety of the Plains of Eidolon. Such an issue can be fixed, though I understand that requires yet another revisit of the Earth tileset. Whether it replaces the current form or exists separately for this expedition mode, I understand that'd be a pile of work to reflect the quality of that Prologue map.

2. The Orb Vallis. So little is actually explained about the Orokin terraforming machine that creates the pocket of cold winter weather that we call the Orb Vallis. It's located all in the center of the natural state of Venus, which is pretty much how it is in real life. A hot and toxic atmosphere hostile to most forms of life. The Orokin built them all over the planet, but only because the Corpus haven't found them all out there are they not on. The Corpus Outpost tileset currently implies that they exist within regions of these activate towers, as you can sometimes see in the skybox a dark and faint Orokin tower in the distance. That is a fine place to jump start a reason to go on expeditions. To fight through Corpus Outposts on the edges of these towers, and then explore through the hostile and toxic environment of Venus in search of Orokin environment towers to pilfer and destroy them, not reactivating them. The Corpus would only seek to exploit the environment further, as well as giving them far more space to lord over more Solaris. Better to ensure these other locations never be kept functional or salvageable. 

Additionally, what's with the lack of explanation or exploration into the Corpus infrastructure built above the Orb Vallis? They have the sunlight reflector, and the original Fortuna+Railjack reveal showed us that there's an old Orokin defense grid up there with the Corpus armada occupying it, further evidenced how the Corpus warp down into the Vallis to attack us. The potential lies there for us to reverse the direction, head up to the Corpus ships and weaken their fleet and grip over Fortuna. The new Corpus ship tileset and all the kidnapped Solaris make a ton of sense this way, and it lays further groundwork for that original Railjack reveal, exploring through that defense grid and all.

3. Deimos, the Void, and Orokin Derelicts. They moved the Derelicts to Deimos, but it isn't shown at all where they actually are on the planetoid. Originally, the Derelicts were shown as infested Orokin ships, which was a pretty decent explanation since our knowledge of the Void maps was more limited, even more so our knowledge on what the hell the purposes of all the Void towers/ship are. In general, the entire worldbuilding around Void/Derelict missions and the tilesets are in complete disarray, and must be cleaned up. For Derelicts and Deimos, that's solvable by showing that these locations are either crashed Orokin Derelict ships that landed on/were absorbed by Deimos, or by showing that they are abandoned Towers/temples that existed on the pre-infested Deimos. Adding tiles, including entrance tiles, that show the outside environment of Deimos, to actually connect this tileset to the planetoid it's supposedly on. Windows, open-sky rooms, and such. It would be a bit strange still because many Derelict rooms are based on the Orokin Void tileset, which are apparently Orokin Towers resembling our Dojo builds in space, but floating in the Void? Both sharing indoor architecture would be odd, but it's arguable that one or both tilesets are in need of a remake anyways.

As for the Void and connecting that to the Necralisk/Cambian Drift, that remains to be seen with upcoming Deimos expansions, and so I can only somewhat speculate how that will turn out. I hope that it would work as I wish to see "expedition" bounties, going into the Void via generated tilesets and performing whatever objectives there. For that, we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind one open world per planet with similar scope like that of Deimos.

I feel the Drift was a "sufficient" self contained expansion on first release - the wyrms are still a curiosity that can be built upon but the base is already there,

But the Vallis is huge but empty and it still is missing some components to say "i did all i could here" it needs a completion but not really an expansion,

PoE is ok as a "first experiment" an experiment that never really concluded - it needs an actually expansion eitehr caves, coves or sea settlements to put it on par with the other two - Eidolons in my opinion feels like placeholders for stuff that never quite happened.

But if given the choice - reworking existing mechanics is what i would prefer to be done to actually not have such a large meta to non meta gap.

• Like 2

Like everyone is saying, Just want the current open worlds to get a bit expanded. Add some cool random events/missions/factions or something. Make them feel a bit more lively and fun to just sandbox around in. As it stands now, they feel pretty much like normal missions, just with far ranges. 

i would rather to see they go back and polish Railjack / older open worlds rather than new half-baked open world just for the sake of it

Deimos is still lacking content as DE claimed...then what next? Kuva lich linked to Railjack mission like what they were introduced 2 years ago? or Void open world that they introduced a year ago?

i love warframe but boy i started to feel like im doing chores than playing.

Edited by ZzVinniezZ
  • Like 1

God, please no.

After 3 open world's, I've done enough bloody mining and fishing to last a lifetime.  It's not fun and is boring as hell (queue being told by someone how they think fishing is awesome and how mining is the best thing in the game).

No more hours spent chucking a stick at a fish, or aiming a laser pointer at a dot.

• Like 1

I think like others expand and integrate what we have 3 open worlds, railjack and base star chart, if this years anything to go by DE will have its handsful just fixing bugs (still top priority) and adding things like 3rd orb fight, other RJ mission types than just exterminate, and generally expanding the open worlds we have already. They look good but.

valis needs some more mission tasks along the story narrative, valis history lore

Poe needs a expansion, more unham lore, update to sentients returning and impact of ald v amalgam research.

Deimos looks great but very compact, the caves could go deeper? Equally theres land you see towards fass and vome.

Railjack/ new war has started there more to be added we've had rising tide, erra, scarlet spear skermish, and now we wait?

De has set the stage nicely for 2021 some really good content, now we need to see if they can tie it all togetherand deliver what They've set out in the warframe universe space wise and game lore. 

Why do people cry for more open worlds!? We have enough already. I thought the plan was to make an open world and slowly expand upon it adding new content constantly keeping them lively and fresh... like an open world. Instead we have content islands which end up getting boring and stale because of sheer receptiveness of it all.

Just look at the size of the Orb of Vallis, look at the size of it and for the great size it's just a lot of nothing. There's so many areas we could possibly explore for story and adventure but it's all barren wastelands with literal sh!t and rocks. It's all very disappointing. 

We have 3 now. Please leave it at that. 

I am honestly hoping that we see unique tile sets for the planets that don't have them yet, which are: Photos, Saturn, Neptune, Pluto, and Sedna. When we got the Wolf of Saturn Six I was hoping we would see a Saturn change to a network of prison systems in the clouds of Saturn and nope, still just the asteroid tileset...

DE needs to first and foremost DRASTICALLY improve railjack. Then work on connecting the content islands. 

They spent 2+ freaking years developing railjack, resulting in long content droughts. And what we got was something WORSE than what we saw in the demo they showed to announce it, 2 freaking years before it came out! If they just leave railjack the way it is, with 0 reasons to play it and practically 0 rewards, all that time spent on it and the frustrations it caused for the playerbase will go waste.

And all the content islands are a problem because they cause major burn out and cause players to have a "why even bother" attitude with the game.

The worst part is people were warning/ complaining about the content islands ever since the first one came out, Plains of Eidolon. People said that all of the new content required you to farm the plains, which made all the work you had put into the game previously feel pointless. And that nothing else in the game required you to play POE so once you got everything there was no reason to go back. But despite people saying those things from the beginning, DE has continued to do the same thing over and over again, just with a new coat of paint. 

I mean a brand new open world came out a month ago and you know what iv been doing for the past week? farming prime parts for the things i haven't mastered yet.

In fact the best part about Deimos isn't even Deimos itself. Its the Helminth system. Even despite the fact it could have been done a lot better, its by far the most exciting new feature the game has had for a long time. Unfortunately for that reason though its very concerning to see the way Scot reacted to a lot of the info presented on the devstream last Friday. He looks at absolutely everyone replacing Mesas 1 and takes offense to it, rather than thinking there might be a reason behind it. And hes surprised that Chromas 1 is high on the list too. To anyone that actually plays the game seeing those stats is the opposite of surprising. When you see reactions like that from the guy in charge of making and balancing all the frames its no wonder we see frames like Xaku releasing in an abysmal state.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

DE needs to first and foremost DRASTICALLY improve railjack. Then work on connecting the content islands. 

They spent 2+ freaking years developing railjack, resulting in long content droughts. And what we got was something WORSE than what we saw in the demo they showed to announce it, 2 freaking years before it came out! If they just leave railjack the way it is, with 0 reasons to play it and practically 0 rewards, all that time spent on it and the frustrations it caused for the playerbase will go waste.

And all the content islands are a problem because they cause major burn out and cause players to have a "why even bother" attitude with the game.

The worst part is people were warning/ complaining about the content islands ever since the first one came out, Plains of Eidolon. People said that all of the new content required you to farm the plains, which made all the work you had put into the game previously feel pointless. And that nothing else in the game required you to play POE so once you got everything there was no reason to go back. But despite people saying those things from the beginning, DE has continued to do the same thing over and over again, just with a new coat of paint. 

I mean a brand new open world came out a month ago and you know what iv been doing for the past week? farming prime parts for the things i haven't mastered yet.

In fact the best part about Deimos isn't even Deimos itself. Its the Helminth system. Even despite the fact it could have been done a lot better, its by far the most exciting new feature the game has had for a long time. Unfortunately for that reason though its very concerning to see the way Scot reacted to a lot of the info presented on the devstream last Friday. He looks at absolutely everyone replacing Mesas 1 and takes offense to it, rather than thinking there might be a reason behind it. And hes surprised that Chromas 1 is high on the list too. To anyone that actually plays the game seeing those stats is the opposite of surprising. When you see reactions like that from the guy in charge of making and balancing all the frames its no wonder we see frames like Xaku releasing in an abysmal state.

Agreed.

Personally, I feel they should take the idea of Railjack lifting the other content up by virtue of an 'all roads lead to rome' approach - have major content tied behind it that needs or wants a big power grind. It is what you work towards, and whilst plenty of that is done in Railjack itself (IMO, at least the 'core' content like Kuva and Relic opening should be doable in Railjack, and of course, you have things like Intrinsics and Avionics), it's also done out of Railjack.

For example, I'd move wreckage out of Railjack, and instead into the star chart or certain open world missions. Different parts are salvaged from different areas, and maybe the Open Worlds offer special parts that don't fall into the manufacturers, like Solaris putting together shield generators with unique effects, a reactor gifted by the Unum, or Entrati-made weapons. You also have things like the recently suggested use of Necramechs as an auto-turret, but perhaps new systems and modules can be found. Perhaps you can use an Operator to focus through the Reliquary drive for special effects (tying that into the system). And of course, focusing on your personal abilities will improve your capabilities to repel invaders or away team engagements.

Railjack could be used as a metaphorical 'bridge' between different islands, because no matter what you do or where you're doing it, sooner or later it'll tie back into Railjack. Even if Railjack can't serve as a literal connective tissue for technical reasons, it can still connect it through progression systems.

Id say no more open worlds untill we get the rest of the content for the other 2 like the 3rd orb mother for orb veiles and some new content that comes with the 3rd one 

And for deimos we dont even have a boss yet im not counting necramechs as bosses becuse there not bosses im talking about ones like the edolons and orb mothers exept infested and enormus 

I'd rather see the already existing open worlds filled with more content, especially Fortuna. Fortuna is big and empty, there are lots of special named locations, where absolutely nothing happens... A wasted oportunity imo, this goes for the cool looking underground mines on the Plains as well, so much design effort for nothing. The biggest issue is the tedious copy paste bounty system, that we had three times now. I sincerely hope, DE can finally come up with something different, I cannot stand this anymore...

Edited by (XB1)Kuhl MC

They can add other Open Worlds on the same planets with the same factions but with more gear. Reduce the faction grind and add new maps, gear, enemies and all that fancy stuff.

I believe a lot of developer time gets consume designing the new faction economy/fish/hunts/bounties to grind and the rewards of said faction... If we get Open Worlds with the same factions they could focus all their man power on making the landscape fun and engaging.

Edited by (PS4)poloslash18

Disagree.

It doesnt matter how cool something is or how new, they will ruin it with more faction grinds that are identical to the last two I already got sick of.

They dont need new environments. The Art team is on point already. Its the team populating these areas with "content" that are the weak link. 

I have a similar feeling about railjack. It sucks because the areas found within are populated with bad ideas.