Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Blade & Whip melee?

NoodleDragonPrime

Question

I've been using Galatine Prime for months and it's getting pretty dull using it every mission.  I enjoy Blade & Whips, even with the lack of weapons and stances in that category, but I was taking a break and returned just as the event with Ceti Lacera ended.  I have all 3 others crafted and enjoy them all, but don't know which is best of them, and need the 2 spaces and wouldn't want to potato all 3 anyways.  So out of Jat Kusar, Lacera, and Mios which performs best?  

5 answers to this question

Ceti Lacera is my favorite.  So versatile.   Stupid range, really  fast for Whip Blade, enough base status that WW is optional, decent amount of natural slash, and electricity is under-rated as a damage type. My most used weapon by far since its release.  My only grudge  against it is it made Lacera Prime unlikely.   But it basically is Laceramios Prime, so...

Jat Kusar is extremely good as well.  If it had better base speed, it'd contend for #1 for me.  Or if its two-stroke engine noise was twice as loud. 😉

edit:  Sorry, didn't properly read the OP.  Since you don't have Ceti Lacera, Jat Kusar.   Mios is perfectly usable, but is well behind.  Base Lacera I've had plenty of fun with because I like its looks and all melee is decent.   But it's a slow-ish status biased weapon, so really doesn't measure up. 

Do you want raw numbers or do you want fun? Personally fun is not something I've been having with Blade & Whips since Melee 2.9.
Removal of quick attacks meant removal of their gimmick, it being having different stances for quick and full melee. The combo sytem ruin murdered my favorite combo. It's not been great.

I guess the Jat Kusar should still be good in today's meta. Lacera is too slow to make the best use of it's status and Mios is outdated.

Somebody proove me wrong and say you found a way to get the quick attacks back, I would happily role-play Sundowner again.

Personally, I like the Jat Kusar the best.  It has outstanding critical stats, which means that a Blood Rush build can quite easily deal red crits.  It also has good enough status chance that you can stack some Viral on top of that innate heat for meaningful results.  Combine both of those together and you've got a beast that's primed for the Steel Path.  In practice I like this one better than the Ceti Lacera.

Archived