Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best way to get Crescent Vulpaphyla

Darksouls40k

Update: My experience so far is that with this method you can easily get a crescent vulpaphyla in 5 - 10 mins. I only made 5 runs so further testing is needed to confirm how reliable this hotspot can be.

Final Update:

I just want to communicate my disappointment in how moderation failed to provide a minimum acceptable standard to have a discussion in this post. They redacted/erased most of the abuse but IMHO it fell short.

I kept making an effort, but some things are just out of my hands...

So after searching around the internet the best advice i could find was just fly around during vome hoping it spawned. This method ofc is terrible and i decided to post the ez way i discovered when hunting for the crescent vulpa today :), more specifically a crescent vulpa hotspot.

1-buy pheromones / use pheromones for the calling hotspot

2-I only tested during vome/blue (try fass if u want to test), but get in and see if u got a vulpa calling hotspot a bit south of infested seraglio, if not reenter till u do

3- From my brief number of attempts (5) it has a 80 % spawn chance

Other notes:

-The spot north of cerebrum magna which is a spot that always appears when i enter the zone, 100 % spawns panzer with pheromones no matter the cycle

-Remember that u can always kite an infested after tranquilizing the animal to get him weakened so u can make ur pet, otherwise he just despawns in very short time if not tranquilized

-Normally first month of the grind is balanced more towards veterans / higher grind, so you can always wait a bit till they nerf grind / make it more accessible...

23 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Ive tried sacrificing a goat, still didn't work.

I apologize in advance for asking the obvious but if ur in the same server as I play for example, no way u could have tested it yet during vome/blue, it just started now, so can we be accurate, in what conditions did u test...

Since vome just started i profited to test again and got a panzer vulpaphyla so its not 100 %, only further testing will let us know if i got lucky or that node has a high chance of crecent vulpaphyla.

9 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

From my experience, Crescent spawns only in Vome and only when not using pheromones. Using pheromones always resulted giving me Panzer. Still 1 out 3 tries was Crescent.
Fass cycle always was giving me Sly.

Just tested a 5th time the spot/conditions and pheromones i refer in my post, another crescent vulpaphyla , 4-1 ratio so far, so that theory of pheromones is incorrect, u can easily test right now ^^

16 hours ago, Darksouls40k said:

Update: I tested 2 more times and so far got a 4 crescent - 1 panzer ratio , only further testing will tell us if i got lucky or that node has a high chance of crescent vulpaphyla so feedback with number of attempts and cycle could help us know/would be appreciated.

Original post:

So after searching around the internet the best advice i could find was just fly around during vome hoping it spawned. This method ofc is terrible and i decided to post the ez way i discovered when hunting for the crescent vulpa today :), more specifically a crescent vulpa hotspot.

1-buy pheromones / use pheromones for the calling hotspot

2-I only tested during vome/blue (try fass if u want to test), but get in and see if u got a vulpa calling hotspot a bit south of infested seraglio, if not reenter till u do

3- From my brief number of attempts (3) it has a 100 % spawn chance

Other notes: The spot north of cerebrum magna which is a spot that always appears when i enter the zone, 100 % spawns panzer with pheromones no matter the cycle

Remember that u can always kite an infested after tranquilizing the animal to get him weakened so u can make ur pet, otherwise he just despawns in very short time if not tranquilized

the vome an fauss cycle are in sync with the cetus day an night cycle an xD i cant remember which cycle is which.
so when the white worm light is out its night in the plains an cresent vulpas will spawn around the map.
like many other people i go around the edge of the map an kill any enemies an capture what ever i see.
killing the enemies leaves open spawn slots for the wild life.
you should come across one after while along with seeing medjay presdasites from time to time too

You're making the mistake of targeting them OP, the most efficient method of catching conservation animals is to just go out there and do random captures without lures and you'll end up with a ton of each. The exception to this is Velocipods which you actually can target each species of very easily. Pheromones have the same odds as Fortuna ones ie it's an 80% chance of the rare and 20% of the uncommon therefore they're not worth it unless you specifically want the rarest, which would be Panzer. The only measure of control you can use is to choosr either Fass or Vome cycle depending on what you're after but it's still better to not target and simply catch everything while ignoring commons if you wish to.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

the vome an fauss cycle are in sync with the cetus day an night cycle an xD i cant remember which cycle is which.
so when the white worm light is out its night in the plains an cresent vulpas will spawn around the map.
like many other people i go around the edge of the map an kill any enemies an capture what ever i see.
killing the enemies leaves open spawn slots for the wild life.
you should come across one after while along with seeing medjay presdasites from time to time too

I just bopped one of those on the head during an excavation bounty. Spammed the marker until the other fellow archwinged over so he'd get the tag too. Since it was weakened by the enemies, that's 10 more easy tokens for each of us. 

They are extremely easy to get. Just buy the thing in the shop to get the rarer wildlife and bam got it. To me it was a 50/50 on the 2 rarer types.

I hope no one really has a hard time finding them in game. I mean the solution is in front of your face from the start.

3 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

You're making the mistake of targeting them OP, the most efficient method of catching conservation animals is to just go out there and do random captures without lures and you'll end up with a ton of each. The exception to this is Velocipods which you actually can target each species of very easily. Pheromones have the same odds as Fortuna ones ie it's an 80% chance of the rare and 20% of the uncommon therefore they're not worth it unless you specifically want the rarest, which would be Panzer. The only measure of control you can use is to choosr either Fass or Vome cycle depending on what you're after but it's still better to not target and simply catch everything while ignoring commons if you wish to.

Not in my experience which involves dozens of hours, of which at least 4-6 hours were specifically dedicated to catching tags, i never even saw a crescent vulpaphyla. It was the only MR content left so makes sense to target it :).

Also only started seeing panzer vulpas in the wildlife/roaming after latest patches, b4 that only through calling in hotspots with pheromones...

35 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

They are extremely easy to get. Just buy the thing in the shop to get the rarer wildlife and bam got it. To me it was a 50/50 on the 2 rarer types.

I hope no one really has a hard time finding them in game. I mean the solution is in front of your face from the start.

From my experience its just the same as fishing hotspots all the way back from plains of eidolon, they arent all equal at all... I used dozens of pheromones which always resulted in panzers in most hotspots, especially the one I refer in my post that always 100 % appears on the map and therefore the most tested with a 100 % spawn chance of panzers, number of tries on that one were around 16, very very far from your 50/50...

As it was proven in the past hotspots locations matter/are not all equal and IMHO crescent vulpaphylas is exactly just another example of it. Normally i just google and find an answer, this time no one had yet reported a good hotspot for this, so I had to find it out on my own assuming there was even one, and decided to share with the community...

Ofc u can always argue oh u were unlucky/lucky/rng factor, only great number of testing would help it clear up, since DE as far as Im aware doesnt divulge the % they implemented / specifics, if all hotspots are the same and so on...

11 hours ago, Darksouls40k said:

Not in my experience which involves dozens of hours, of which at least 4-6 hours were specifically dedicated to catching tags, i never even saw a crescent vulpaphyla. It was the only MR content left so makes sense to target it :).

Also only started seeing panzer vulpas in the wildlife/roaming after latest patches, b4 that only through calling in hotspots with pheromones...

Given that I've caught over 200 of each uncommon and at least 100 rare, I'd say my experience isn't too bad either. I'd say you were desperately unlucky or you're not being efficient.

34 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Given that I've caught over 200 of each uncommon and at least 100 rare, I'd say my experience isn't too bad either. I'd say you were desperately unlucky or you're not being efficient.

Whenever u got an RNG system, 2 ppl doing the exact same thing can end with very different results.

Also seeing how many posts i read around about these crescent vulpas, and considering most of the playerbase arent MR 29 getting done with all MR content / pursuing crescent vulpas id say ur either lucky or theres many unlucky ppl like me out there...

Hopefully this hotspot will be a solution for those who cant get one  :)

9 hours ago, Darksouls40k said:

Whenever u got an RNG system, 2 ppl doing the exact same thing can end with very different results.

Also seeing how many posts i read around about these crescent vulpas, and considering most of the playerbase arent MR 29 getting done with all MR content / pursuing crescent vulpas id say ur either lucky or theres many unlucky ppl like me out there...

Hopefully this hotspot will be a solution for those who cant get one  :)

TEHL5gT.jpg

*Shrugs* game isn't hard, people make it hard for themselves. Low animal captures cos I skipped most of the common spawns. No lures used. Did that just now to see if spawns have changed and to eliminate the "you got lucky one time" argument. While it appears that overall conservation spawns have decreased since release day, it doesn't feel any harder to go and hunt them. It does feel like each animal type now has a specific spawn area which makes them even easier to target.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

TEHL5gT.jpg

*Shrugs* game isn't hard, people make it hard for themselves. Low animal captures cos I skipped most of the common spawns. No lures used. Did that just now to see if spawns have changed and to eliminate the "you got lucky one time" argument. While it appears that overall conservation spawns have decreased since release day, it doesn't feel any harder to go and hunt them. It does feel like each animal type now has a specific spawn area which makes them even easier to target.

1- Coming out and blaming the players for not getting drops/spawns in a RNG system is incorrect/shows lack of knowledge about the subject, it is always possible for ppl to be that unlucky, they could even be way more efficient farmers than most ppl for that matter...

2-  You can get lucky many times in a row, so again, this proves nothing...

The information of your new run added nothing new. Only a huge number of runs / time would since we would have a large volume of data. I suggest u read up on the subject so we can have a more fruitful discussion.

9 minutes ago, Darksouls40k said:

1- Coming out and blaming the players for not getting drops/spawns in a RNG system is incorrect/shows lack of knowledge about the subject, it is always possible for ppl to be that unlucky, they could even be way more efficient farmers than most ppl for that matter...

The information of your new run added nothing new. Only a huge number of runs / time would since we would have a large volume of data. I suggest u read up on the subject so we can have a more fruitful discussion.

Why are you claiming that's luck? It's on the low end for a dedicated hunting run, definitely not the numbers you would expect to see if someone particularly good at using the tranq gun was in the mood to get a bunch of tags. And in terms of the token count, I have absolutely gotten more than what that run would provide without touching the tranq gun at all, during the course of bounties, by accident. That is an example of "luck" and even given the number of bounties I've run, seems to be a common enough occurrence. 

I suggest that you actually figure out how to play the game so that you have something worth talking about. 

9 hours ago, Darksouls40k said:

Would you like me to do it again? I mean that was a random run and I avoided almost all common species and didn't bother targeting avicheas either(god knows how many I spooked), pretty sure I can repeat it. Perhaps learn to be efficient.

On 2020-09-25 at 3:07 PM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Would you like me to do it again? I mean that was a random run and I avoided almost all common species and didn't bother targeting avicheas either(god knows how many I spooked), pretty sure I can repeat it. Perhaps learn to be efficient.

Can confirm that it's similar to numbers I saw when I went on dedicated hunting runs. And I suck at doing those, didn't recognize the outlines of the creatures, couldn't spot them due to the colour similarity, and was just floating around popping shots off when I could. 

I mean it's been well established for a while, that the call points are only useful for forcing a spawn of that species but doesn't guarantee subtype, and that random spawns are pretty abundant. 

Darksouls40k, -CdG-Zilchy gave you screenshot evidence and that generally matches what the expected results would look like.

22 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

-snip-

It's well established that Vome and Fass cycles spawn different types, a fact that was pointed out and dismissed by OP earlier in the thread. For Crescent they need to farm during Vome for the best chance. It seems that since last time I did a serious conservation run, several things have changed thanks to updates. 

- Avicheas spawn a LOT more, seriously I got 50 in 1 hour just in free roam... They also seem to have increased the amount of spots they can spawn, most notably they spawn on the ground a lot now and inwards of the cliff edge in the grass. They also always spawn in pairs of 2 now, as opposed to before when they could spawn as either 1 or 3 for common, 1 or 2 for uncommon(Sporule) or only 1 for rare(Viscid).

- Vulpaphylers seem to have more distinct spawning areas, I counted 3 consistent providers. 

- Vizier Predasites are STILL a pest, too many of the damn things.

- Cryptilex spawn a LOT more during Fass, all 3 kinds. 

- Velocipods are still very easy to target, all 3 kinds have specific spawn areas that are easy to check,

- Don't use blink, it doesn't reset the area, similar to how blinking too fast sometimes prevented lure spawns during Eidolon hunts.

I chalk it down to an increased amount of avichea spawn spots and increased enemy spawn count out on the cliff edge. My catch speed went up significantly when I started cleansing each area after a capture, even though I'm resetting the spawns with my circuits anyway.

I find that after cave fishing and mining for a little while, when I exit the cave, there's usually something that can be tranq'd, right by the cave exit. Whether it's flying skateboards or potential infested companions, or very rarely something else, there's always at least 1. I recommend going cave fishing for a while! :3

On 2020-09-25 at 3:43 AM, BDMblue said:

You got extremely lucky them.  Its like saying "guys, just win the lottery, you wont have to work!"

Archived