Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Give Us Archwing 6DOF (Again)

Justin_Case001

Archive my old topic on this, will you?  I will not be silenced so easily.  Will I get a warning for remaking this topic?  Perhaps.  If that is the case, so be it.  I consider myself a very well-behaved Tenno, but this is the hill I am willing to die on.

Now then...

Please give us back archwing 6DOF, preferably in a toggle form so that everybody's happy.  You gave us this for the longest time, and then you took it away, and I will never understand why.  The railjacks have 6DOF, but the archwings are awkwardly anchored to a 2-D plane.  This isn't the next-gen, endgame, awesome controls that we should have.  The railjack controls are the bee's knees; please make the archwing controls match.  Just restore the experimental flight toggle.

Furthermore, please allow 6DOF in open world maps.  I am still mourning the loss of the barrel roll and looping features in open world maps that you took away last year, and I always will.  Believe it or not, it was my favorite feature of the game, and the mechanic that gave me more fun than anything else.  I would honestly prefer the archwing controls, both in open world and space, to be completely restored to what they previously were, but I know that's not in the cards.  I also understand the nature of this game, and I know that no matter what changes are made, somebody's happy, and somebody else is mad.  That is why I am pushing to simply have a 6DOF toggle for all archwing usage, thus pleasing everyone in every situation.

I made my feelings about open world archwing abundantly clear last year, but I felt that it was warranted to make a more general thread about 6DOF, rather than focusing on the open world barrel rolling specifically.  As I said somewhere in that other thread, I still feel that the old archwing controls just felt more awesome, realistic, intense, and gave the whole experience more oomph.  However, I realize that I'll never get that back, so I'm trying to suggest a compromise here.  Please, please give us a 6DOF toggle.

6dof gave no tactical or fighting advantage it was actually a detriment to that. We lost our flight precision with 6dof. I'm glad it's gone and archwing is back to what it used to be and what it SHOULD be. if you want realistic flight physics go play a flight sim, warframe isn't a flight sim.

45 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

I'm glad it's gone and archwing is back to what it used to be and what it SHOULD be.

I have no issue with current controls in "grounded" maps, but during Railjack missions the restrictions on movement just feel terrible. Worst part is that enemies have no such restrictions, if you actually follow an enemy fighter you'll often be unable to continue turning further into the required direction.

2 hours ago, EDM774 said:

6dof gave no tactical or fighting advantage it was actually a detriment to that. We lost our flight precision with 6dof. I'm glad it's gone and archwing is back to what it used to be and what it SHOULD be. if you want realistic flight physics go play a flight sim, warframe isn't a flight sim.

Yeah i 100% disagree. Full flight gave me far more control than the current limited system.

Enemy goes over your head and ends up behind you? With the current system you cannot follow that movement directly.

I don't care if it causes some people motion sickness i don't care if having 2 systems takes more time to make sure both are up to date/bug free all i care is to have my 60DOF even if it doesn't get any attention and get left behind 

All i want is to not spawn out of railjack an dtry to steer to end up feeling as if hit an invisible wall

On 2020-09-24 at 6:47 PM, EDM774 said:

to be fair, he asked for a 'toggle' so everyone can play they wish - i also agree with the OP that 6dof was more fun, but i agree that the curent system makes it easier for those who can only live with pseudo 3D movement system since their senses aren't developed for a real one (not everyone is a fighter pilot after all ^^)

and since DE now has (or had) both systems working in the game, there shouldn't be to much of a problem to make this a choosable option.

Archived