Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How special does it feel getting a new warframe while playing through warframe for the first time?

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

I remember 2 years ago, prime frames weren't as easy to get and their prices weren't as low as they are today. I remember getting my first prime it was very cool and i was very happy that i got chroma prime, but now i dont think it's special getting your first prime, i've seen players MR 5 with loki prime, rhino prime and bunch of others amazing and hard to get frames in addition also prices like 40 pl for a prime frame and just by completing the missions you basically get a frame comparable to primes without doing anything.

Is it really that special getting a good frame or prime frame.

I remember getting Gara and how she helped me get through most of the game and during the star chart trying more frames and in the end getting Chroma Prime which served me the most while playing Warframe. Even if Gara became trash i would not sell it sice that frame helped me a lot through my time playing warframe.

I just think how less special it has become for "newer" players to get warframes.

Good for the new players and having to grind less, i would like less grind but i just don't think it's very special getting a new frame now.

hace 1 hora, sly_squash dijo:

Meanwhile, Warframe in the post-Helminth era be like:

Yeah i know that for "Veteran" and experienced players to get another warframe is part of the routine, it isn't that special anymore but im refering more to the newer players, because they can get a prime warframe very easily now and they get Umbra just for doing the questline. Like i felt amazing getting Chroma Prime and Gara, but i dont know if newer players feel like that anymore. 

16 minutes ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

Yeah i know that for "Veteran" and experienced players to get another warframe is part of the routine, it isn't that special anymore but im refering more to the newer players, because they can get a prime warframe very easily now and they get Umbra just for doing the questline. Like i felt amazing getting Chroma Prime and Gara, but i dont know if newer players feel like that anymore. 

There's nothing different about unlocking primes now than back when I started during the Mirage Prime access in 2017, so I don't know why you say they can get primes "very easily now". Newer players still have to deal with limited relics, limited resources, and the MR requirement of frames before they can use them. Getting all the parts for Banshee Prime when I was MR6 is what spurred me on because Banshee was my favorite frame at the time, and being able to grab her from the foundry was a moment of elation I'm sure is still a relatable  first-prime experience.

And what? All of us got Umbra Excalibur "just for doing the questline". That's how you get him. How is this even a point to bring up when talking about then vs. now? You can't even buy him either, so it's not like you can just bypass the quest like you can with Limbo or Titania.

The things you bring up naturally fade away the longer you get used to any system. Even if you made a new account and started over, you wouldn't get the same feeling you did whenever it was you started because you know how the game works which makes progress easier, you know how to farm for relics and resources which makes getting the parts easier, you know what to expect from the thing you're farming for so the thrill of the unknown isn't there.

2 hours ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

I remember 2 years ago, prime frames weren't as easy to get and their prices weren't as low as they are today. I remember getting my first prime it was very cool and i was very happy that i got chroma prime, but now i dont think it's special getting your first prime, i've seen players MR 5 with loki prime, rhino prime and bunch of others amazing and hard to get frames in addition also prices like 40 pl for a prime frame and just by completing the missions you basically get a frame comparable to primes without doing anything.

I remember getting Gara and how she helped me get through most of the game and during the star chart trying more frames and in the end getting Chroma Prime which served me the most while playing Warframe. Even if Gara became trash i would not sell it sice that frame helped me a lot through my time playing warframe.

I just think how less special it has become for "newer" players to get warframes.

Good for the new players and having to grind less, i would like less grind but i just don't think it's very special getting a new frame now.

I am brand new and everything still feels really special to me.  I'm taking my sweet time and enjoying the game, in no rush at all. The game holds untold magic for someone like me that is not rushing to get through the star chart, enjoying digesting each subsystem of the game I learn.  There is definitely still magic to getting Warframes in game for me !

7 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

There's nothing different about unlocking primes now than back when I started during the Mirage Prime access in 2017, so I don't know why you say they can get primes "very easily now". Newer players still have to deal with limited relics, limited resources, and the MR requirement of frames before they can use them. Getting all the parts for Banshee Prime when I was MR6 is what spurred me on because Banshee was my favorite frame at the time, and being able to grab her from the foundry was a moment of elation I'm sure is still a relatable  first-prime experience.

And what? All of us got Umbra Excalibur "just for doing the questline". That's how you get him. How is this even a point to bring up when talking about then vs. now? You can't even buy him either, so it's not like you can just bypass the quest like you can with Limbo or Titania.

The things you bring up naturally fade away the longer you get used to any system. Even if you made a new account and started over, you wouldn't get the same feeling you did whenever it was you started because you know how the game works which makes progress easier, you know how to farm for relics and resources which makes getting the parts easier, you know what to expect from the thing you're farming for so the thrill of the unknown isn't there.

As more time goes on more primes come out, prices drop of primes and accessibility goes up. With each unvault accessibility goes up. More people get the primes, more people use the relics in public lobbies, more people trade them at a lower value, relics drop from many more places. There are a lot of things that have made primes easier to obtain in some capacity.

Ummmm I dont even know what my first prime frame was lol......  

Wish we could see the birthdays for our stuff that would be awesome.  

I still get excited for stuff though.   I was stoked for grendel and protea.  Never gave a crap about atlas or inaros until their prime versions came out and had such killer looking skins.  

I was less than thrilled with Xaku's concept and look but seeing her in action is pretty cool,  I havent built mine yet.  I know she is still going through changes and im having fun on other frames so she can wait.  

10 hours ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

chroma prime was your first warframe but chroma was the first new warframe had when i started playing.
back when i got my first new warframe i was like :O woot time to play with another frame an when i got my first prime it was pretty neet tho person who gave me it kinda soured the enjoyment as kept wanting more an more stuff from me as already had given them a month of xbox silver an kept guilt tripping me to give him more stuff.

now adays when a new player gets a new frame they often get it through buyign with plat as they want it NOW instead of farming for frames they can get at that time an getting progressed to being to get the frame they been eyeing like crazy. Then realize.... oh.... this frame sucks as didn't look into it an feel like they wasted money on a frame they don't actually like.

I can remember when several of us got the PS4 day one at launch....I got three games; infamous: Second Son, Battlefield and Killzone and then DL Warframe after seeing videos of it. At the time it only had a few Frames and I believe I got Mag 1st and then Rhino. Looking back it was really a fun experience because we didn't have other high level players to Taxi, help out, or give Mods we needed and didn't have. We had to play to get all that; Mods, Resources, Credits, open up Planets and build up our inventory and all....it's come a long, long, long way since then....almost envy those starting out but then again....se a lot out there asking for Free this and that, speed level up, Taxi me over here and there bypassing places and planets.....

• 1 month later...
On 2020-09-24 at 11:26 AM, (XBOX)BRUHck Obama said:

This is only true because us veterans have fewer challenges to conquer. Fewer memories to make until the new content comes out.

That's not to say the number has shrunken to zero. Unlocking my Necramech was a great memory, and it actually really helped in Steel Path Bounties. So I still got a little bit of that awesome rush from time to time

Archived