Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Marked For Death: Where We’ve Been, and Changes to Come

Marcooose

I'm interested to give the new MFD a try. I didn't particularly feel the damage was all that different with my tests, it just required a more and more niche set up depending. I found issues more so in the amount of information I have as a player: "What enemy has the most health?" and partially the value of Arcane Trickery vs the Skiajati, trickery has maybe too small of a base chance, maybe higher proc chance and shorter duration would be a better place for it to be. 

After a few rereads, I have a question though: could MFD, not just spread a special finisher DOT? I'm trying to understand the exact vision for this ability so I can better provide feedback as it's hard for me to tell where it should be.

Edited by Synpai
  • Like 8

get rid of the health limiter from enemies, overdamage should count especially with all the downsides like LoS, range, efficiency and str investments and the loss of survivability due to the trickery fix (which was one of the two only justified nerfs during your overreaction last week).

An ability that's worse than just using a soma or melee spam in 90% of your game (except for steel path) isn't balanced well/

• Like 48

Thanks for taking the time and effort to take a balanced look at it's place in the game and in isolation, to find a happy medium that makes the ability fun and effective, without making it dictate the meta.

Can we get similar passes on more of the abilities in Warframe? Rebb's stat-stream highlighted some consistently replaced-by-helminth-infusions abilities (Mesa's Ballistic Battery, Chroma's Breath Attack), and some of the least-Infused abilities (like Decoy, Mind Control, etc)?

• Like 6

Good. Take your time and don't buy into all the outrage.

At the end of the day it's still an ability that replaces another one in a kit which is "useless" for some people. So if after you're done rebalancing and MFD still finds use, that is what counts.

Edited by Kontrollo
typo, clarified
  • Like 8

Just now, Radagosh said:

get rid of the health limiter from enemies, overdamage should count especially with all the downsides like LoS, range, efficiency and str investments and the loss of survivability due to the trickery fix (which was one of the two only justified nerfs during your overreaction last week).

An ability that's worse than just using a soma or melee spam in 90% of your game (except for steel path) isn't balanced well/

Isn't the Soma fully automatic? The entire point of Marked for Death is to make a damage instance into a "nuke". You're supposed to use it with something like Garuda's fully charged Blood Ball, to make enemies in it's area of effect receive even more damage, or multiply a sniper shot to a whole crowd.

• Like 2

this wont fix its problems at all. right now its usable on like 3 frames, none of which really needs this buff. make it actually work with multishot and multihitting finishers so snipers can also make use of it at least.

Edited by Zeclem
  • Like 9

Still doesnt sound like a viable ability to me. The biggest downer about the MfD nerf was that the damage, no matter how you twist and turn it, was capped to the targets maximum HP. I know, the idea was to force players to swat out stronger targets to use MfD on, but as of right now there are a whole bunch of abilities on frames that dont force you to jump through hoops to get their full potential. MfD was on par with these broken abilities, like Khoras Whipclaw, not better and did not deserve the nerf.

If you are wondering why the maximum HP thing is a problem, compare these armor and health numbers between a variety of common grineer units on Lv. 100

• Bombard: 31k Cloned Flesh, 6.6k Ferrite Armor
  • Heavy Gunner: 31k CF, 6k FA
  • Scorpion: 15k CF, 1.9k FA
  • Lancer: 10k CF, 1k FA
  • Butcher: 5.3k CF, 67 FA (no, I did not forget the "k")

As a result of this, MfD will do chip damage, even at 150%, to the units you actually want dead the quickest. Even with DoTs, come on, thats just sad.
My suggestion? Keep everything as is, revert the damage-capped-to-enemy-max-HP change. 

• Like 41

5 minutes ago, Crevab said:

Cool, thank you for listening!

Sorry things have been getting so vitriolic though

I want to second this. I myself feel bad because I feel like I was too harsh recently over Heart of Deimos bugs and hiccups and such. They are human trying to do their best. Constructive Criticism is fine, but I need to remind myself that they are still human, and have feelings just like me. DE is a company, but a company is made up of a bunch of people. 

• Like 7

You can still one shot nuke steel path enemies with ability so not sure it needed a buff but hopefully it'll calm down the outrage crowd at the least. Sorry this is where we have wound up though. Hopefully this submissions won't egg people on further the next time an entirely justified rebalance takes place. 

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 4

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Grav_Starstrider:

Isn't the Soma fully automatic? The entire point of Marked for Death is to make a damage instance into a "nuke". You're supposed to use it with something like Garuda's fully charged Blood Ball, to make enemies in it's area of effect receive even more damage, or multiply a sniper shot to a whole crowd.

i was making the point that a mediocre weapon from 5 years ago is better than an ability at clearing rooms. Should have maybe chosen the boltor instead as the new soma augment is actually quite nice.

• Like 5

That was pretty much the only thing that didnt add up in my mind "why did they cap it to 75%?". The actual fixes with double dipping etc where understandable. Glad you are putting it back as a power strength scaling ability. Should have some potential as a 150% capped skill. Which also means that builds dont need to go ape on strength to cram everything out of it.

8 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

With the Helminth System, we knew that abilities/systems may need to be tweaked back and forth to help prevent anyone from feeling as though there was only one ‘good way’ to use the Helminth System.

That's quite a claim considering you people only care about making strong options weaker while letting the already weak options remain weak.

• Like 46

18 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

unintentional

Interesting. Actually sometimes I'm thinking about the more serious problem underlying these kind of problems... that is the one/them who designed the abilities or doing the math etc. It has been 7-8 years making a single game but seems every time there are 'unintentional' mistakes. It might be harsh but... do they not only have 1 job? hehe

• Like 14

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Amazerath:

That's quite a claim considering you people only care about making strong options weaker while letting the already weak options remain weak.

oof, spitting them facts. cant wait for roar to be nerfed to 10% just for it to still be the most infused ability.

• Like 26