Star chart/squad UI vanished-Probable cause

AsrarPrime

I have been having this issue since before 8th september, it started with the hotfix that came out around that time.This never happens when i am playing solo,it only happens when i am playing more than one mission with the same squad(premade or public).What happens is that the mission is over, we extract,i load into my orbiter but there is no mission complete screen,after some time the mission complete screen comes and i exit out of it,but it changes nothing.After seeing this happen multiple times,i saw that it always happened when a squad mate started the mission vote before i loaded into my orbiter,on my computer warframe is on the only storage hdd,so the loading isnt fast.This bug also fixes itself when i extract after a mission,load into my orbiter without a mission vote starting,but i cannot fix this by myself as i cannot see or start any mission on the star chart,i can only zoom out of the planet on which my last mission was, i cannot even zoom in on any other planet,i cannot leave the squad or vote for a mission.
yesterday, another guy in my squad had the same issue,i dont know what causd it for him but he said that it was lag.I dont know the exact cause but i have listed what i have observed.It makes doing any mission impossible unless sommebody invites you to their squad and force starts it

I have uploaded the screenshots on warframe support zendesk:https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/2310899
In the first shot,you can see the orbiter of my squadmate,but there is nothing in the top left corner,not even my glyph
In the second shot you can see no UI in the star chart,there arent even names of the planets listed

So this bug still exist as of 8th october 2020,i have found another thing may be in relation to it,yesterday i did two round of 8 waves ESO with a full squad,the first one was normal and good,i loaded into my orbiter after the mission vote waas started,again lost UI,force started round 2,but in round 2 i got no dialogue or appearance in the side of cephalon simaris when my 4th ability was disabled,i only saw the diable timer on the ability,no dialogue/appearance from him.This didnt happen in the first round

A very much needed bump to this issue that DE refuses to acknowledge.

What Ms_Salami said is absolutely correct and it indeed has to do with people starting a vote for a new mission before you (or someone else) has finished loading the orbiter.

It tends to get more noticeable in the sorties, invasions and, to a lesser degree, relic runs. Where people just spam the next mission as quickly as their loading times will allow it.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm this is still an issue, as it happens to me everyday (my computer loads quite slowly).

Same issue, same reasons (vote starting before I load) and I still haven't found any other way to unlock the game than either to restart it or to ask for someone to invite me and to complete a mission.

Since DE don't seem like they will fix that in the near future, does anyone know of any simple debug solution?

The actual problem of mission votes while someone is loading breaking parts of the UI predates the new mission UI, but seems to be way more noticeable or common on the new UI. I used to have it happen to me months ago on the old UI, a vote starting while I was loading would prevent the old end of mission UI from showing up and prevented me from interacting with the squad UI until I did something that made the mission UI come back (on the old UI's case, using the arsenal). 

Something about a vote starting on a loading screen breaks the UI and breaks how the end of mission screen comes up. An improperly spawned mission screen probably breaks the flags that let you interact with the non-mission UI stuff like mission votes and the squad UI, if they appear at all. 

Using something like the arsenal on my ship always seemed to help when this bug happened on the old UI, does interacting with ship utilities like the arsenal help anyone seeing the bug on the new UI?

I've been getting the bug almost reliably.  It may be related to computer performance, because one of my RAM sticks is malfunctioning, and every time I end up in a squad, I lose my UI.  Now it's getting to the point where I can only play one mission before I have to alt+f4 to reset my ui and get anything done.

On 2020-10-24 at 1:23 AM, KCToxic said:

The actual problem of mission votes while someone is loading breaking parts of the UI predates the new mission UI, but seems to be way more noticeable or common on the new UI. I used to have it happen to me months ago on the old UI, a vote starting while I was loading would prevent the old end of mission UI from showing up and prevented me from interacting with the squad UI until I did something that made the mission UI come back (on the old UI's case, using the arsenal). 

Something about a vote starting on a loading screen breaks the UI and breaks how the end of mission screen comes up. An improperly spawned mission screen probably breaks the flags that let you interact with the non-mission UI stuff like mission votes and the squad UI, if they appear at all. 

Using something like the arsenal on my ship always seemed to help when this bug happened on the old UI, does interacting with ship utilities like the arsenal help anyone seeing the bug on the new UI?

In that case the additional loading and waiting times on the end of mission UI are exacerbating the issue so it happens far more frequently.

Archived