Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Achieving "Family" status reward should've been a Mech Mod!!

(PSN)BuzzZaw82

17 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

image0.jpg?width=1194&height=671

Could probably double that amount easily with a squad. Only Xenoharst and Embolos gems don't drop from pillars, and you don't need many of those.
Son tokens are farmed by leveling infested companions (you usually can encounter a weakened one while doing a bounty or by just spending a min or 2 circling around for one) and trading them for son tokens (you get 10 per companion). You can multitask and be leveling other other gear at the same time.
Deimos is very generous in rewarding you for time invested. 14k standing earnable by a 15 min bounty, most of the resources you'll need and more in < 3 hours of farming.

That's exactly what I do with Son's tokens. Velocipods and those 'infested quadrupeds' are easy to spot on. My harsh adventure with Deimos where the first week with it. After that things were softened. I have the mech and few of the weapons I wanted. Once I reach that Deimos becomes pleasant and easy to farm. 

Somehow I found myself farming Thaumica alone. I can go Sylvester Stallone if few creatures bothers my farming. Besides I do that in SP. I unlocked SP Deimos. I usually farm once the pylons once. If the thing is finished I go hunting enemies with my tenno on another pylon. Right now Thaumica is not an issue. I passed that long time ago. I'm waiting for Fass and Vome boss fights or 'raids' in Deimos. I hope this happens soon. 

Thanks for the tip.  

On 2020-09-25 at 6:44 AM, (PS4)BuzzZaw82 said:

...instead we get a awesome choice of a scene or some Trophy Fish that looks like a Baza Prime that got ran over.....talk about a punch-in-the-gut after hours, days, weeks, month of farming, playing....and we have poor little Loid down there alone with piles of Matrix we can't use while Mech Mods might as well be "The Golden Ticket" to go see Willy Wonka.... 

because they definitely (never) said or even implied that was even a voice for final rewards. With farming you chose to do. Oh yeah did someone mention how the entrati syndicate has nothing to do with the mechs and sad little loid is the master of the mechs?

17 hours ago, Felsagger said:

The definition was clearly stated. Yes there is a difference in time sink and time gate. I DEFINED that time gate is everything that extends the game artificially. It was written down explicitly. 

And that is the part that is wrong. A gate stops you, which isnt the case with something that just extends the game. That is a hill or a sink in game terms, while pure stoppers are either gates or walls. Walls however are mostly used as a term in games that has mandatory payment in order to progress while gates simply limit you due to daily caps or requirements set up in a trial fashion to enter higher content, like rank up tests in certain games, old keys in WoW or the primals in FF (that I cant even remember what they gated). The gates of Deimos are less present than those of the other worlds, since you can grind to max entrati standing at your own pace, the only thing the gate does is limit how much you can rank it per day, but you still have the option to get all needed tokens and so on as you please due to Deimos not being based on just rep. Which lets you do whatever else you need in game after that, instead of having to spend each day throughout the grind on Deimos.

Due to the token system I did everything alot faster than on PoE and OV since in those two places it felt like a waste grinding bounties when the cap was reached. On Deimos I simply kept going after the daily cap was reached, getting more and more mom tokens. Which resulted in me barely setting my foot on Deimos for the last few Entrati ranks, since I had an abundance of mom tokens, materials for other family tokens and for all items I wanted to craft long before I reached max rank. I had all needed granny tokens early on since I picked up a few whenever I had the other family tokens, making sure to save 1 of each just incase for rank up. 

18 hours ago, Felsagger said:

The definition was clearly stated. Yes there is a difference in time sink and time gate. I DEFINED that time gate is everything that extends the game artificially. It was written down explicitly. 

That's not how that works. You can claim that the definition of Apple is "any fruit that is sweet and grows on trees", and write it down as explicitly as you want. Everyone else will point out that that's not the definition, explain that the word apple refers to a very specific thing, and laugh at you when you go on to stamp your foot and demand that they accept your use of the term. 

And once again, the Entrati syndicate is totally unrelated to the Necramech syndicate, as Ostrons are unrelated to the Quills. A demand for a reward that is from an unrelated syndicate is totally unreasonable. 

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

And that is the part that is wrong. A gate stops you, which isnt the case with something that just extends the game. That is a hill or a sink in game terms, while pure stoppers are either gates or walls. Walls however are mostly used as a term in games that has mandatory payment in order to progress while gates simply limit you due to daily caps or requirements set up in a trial fashion to enter higher content, like rank up tests in certain games, old keys in WoW or the primals in FF (that I cant even remember what they gated). The gates of Deimos are less present than those of the other worlds, since you can grind to max entrati standing at your own pace, the only thing the gate does is limit how much you can rank it per day, but you still have the option to get all needed tokens and so on as you please due to Deimos not being based on just rep. Which lets you do whatever else you need in game after that, instead of having to spend each day throughout the grind on Deimos.

Due to the token system I did everything alot faster than on PoE and OV since in those two places it felt like a waste grinding bounties when the cap was reached. On Deimos I simply kept going after the daily cap was reached, getting more and more mom tokens. Which resulted in me barely setting my foot on Deimos for the last few Entrati ranks, since I had an abundance of mom tokens, materials for other family tokens and for all items I wanted to craft long before I reached max rank. I had all needed granny tokens early on since I picked up a few whenever I had the other family tokens, making sure to save 1 of each just incase for rank up. 

True. Those are two different concepts we agree on that part. Time sink and time gates are different but I used one to include the other. 

19 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

True. Those are two different concepts we agree on that part. Time sink and time gates are different but I used one to include the other. 

And that is where it falls apart since you used it as an argument around the things that arent the actual gates. The two arent interchangable in use since they describe two very different mechanics or restrictions.

28 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And that is where it falls apart since you used it as an argument around the things that arent the actual gates. The two arent interchangable in use since they describe two very different mechanics or restrictions.

Yes, that's true. 

There are many terms out there that I'm not aware off. Each day I get a new one understanding how the game operates. Some things are tedious for us because we don't understand how they operate. 

The game uses the two concepts. Time gate AND time sink. 

Noted. 

Archived