Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rift Torrent damage?

(PSN)PoKerZ2017

I don't believe that it does affect ability damage, nor does it buff teammates.

With that having been said, in the right conditions it is among the best damage buffs in the entire game, easy:

zFyHOHC.jpg

So I can kind of see why it's so restrictive in that specific instance.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Loza03:

I don't believe that it does affect ability damage, nor does it buff teammates.

With that having been said, in the right conditions it is among the best damage buffs in the entire game, easy:

zFyHOHC.jpg

So I can kind of see why it's so restrictive in that specific instance.

May I ask what exactly you did to get that number? 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)PoKerZ2017 said:

May I ask what exactly you did to get that number? 

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and a pinch of power strength. Similar results can be found in Plague Star and Steel Path Survival, however, due to the high enemy count and density. With a power like Torrent, mileage varies greatly on the environment.

Personally, speaking, if you're looking for a Limbo build that's focused around Rift Torrent for big damage, I'd recommend the low duration Limbo build that looks something like this: gasu4tq.jpg

There's a number of option slots here, at least with this setup. Specifically, Vitality, Rolling Guard, and Power Drift, as well as the Helminth pick. This specific build gets you 57% damage buff per enemy or 72% if you use Empower first. On the full 20 enemies the simulacrum allows, thats 1140% or 1440% when empowered.

Health is a nice backup, but quick thinking might get you more mileage overall? You're a lot more reliant upon energy with this setup however, despite how cheap all the powers are thanks to fleeting expertise, and health provides a bigger up-front buffer. Either way, you're gonna want that barrier since stasis is not only useless due to the low duration, but also helminth'd out, so whilst most enemies are rolling around on the ground thanks to the natural banish knockdowns, you might take a few hits.

Rolling Guard, same thing. You'll be hopping in and out of the rift a lot, and this can cover you, but if you don't have it or don't think you need it, then feel free to replace it with a similar mod or something totally different

Several drift mods give you benefit for this build - even faster casting speed (or possibly letting you have natural talent as an option mod? Not sure about that one), more awareness of enemy locations or a bit of extra range to rope in more with each banish and surge. I personally have been using Cunning Drift, because I like the mobility from slide, but this is for getting the most out of Rift Torrent on a more... consistent basis.

Empower, again, same thing. Consistently higher numbers. It is a bit trickier to juggle, of course, but that's going to get you a lot of bang for your buck. You can change this out for something that offers greater utility, movement, or so forth, but I'm just 

(you could also throw an Umbral forma in and use an Umbral Build by replacing intensify with its umbral counterpart. With this build that's getting 63% and 78%, or 1260% and 1560% for 20 enemies.)

For reference - Vex Armour, with Empower and an Umbral build hits about 1053% damage buff with Tactical Potato's build, and even the lower-end power strength of this build can surpass that and the mods aren't even all maximised because I hate levelling frames. Plumbing the depths of what this build can really do is starting to scare me. With that mentioned, I'd advise against maxing the Corrupted mods, because you want to hit a sweet spot where enemies are in the rift so briefly they're unable or unlikely to be able to fight back between chained knockdowns, but still long enough for you to get some shots in. This banishes them for 7 seconds initially and 5 on a surge Banish.

Of course, if this isn't what you're looking for, go right ahead with your own plans. This is just a suggestion for a Limbo build I personally find really fun.

Archived