PSA: Warframe DirectX 10 Support Ended

On 2021-01-06 at 10:03 AM, [DE]Helen said:

January 2021 is here! The team planned to end Direct X 10 support this month, but it might stick around a little while longer as these plans are tied to The Great Ensmallening. More info soon! When we have a date set, I'll let you know in this thread.

So, If I don't have Direct X 11+, that means I won't be able to play anymore?

• Like 2

i thaught directx 11 will get removed for directx 12 but seems i was wrong ? it says directx 10 but this was removed with windows vista and xp , 11 is with windows 2k and 7, it was supose to be directx 12 this year new graphics we are in 2021 yet still directx 11 and no game servers.

• Like 1
On 2021-01-09 at 3:31 PM, Nekros_Life said:

i thaught directx 11 will get removed for directx 12 but seems i was wrong ? it says directx 10 but this was removed with windows vista and xp , 11 is with windows 2k and 7, it was supose to be directx 12 this year new graphics we are in 2021 yet still directx 11 and no game servers.

You know, OS can support DX in backward compatibility, so that mean even if OS is no longer supported DX will live anyway

• Like 1
Just now, Nekros_Life said:

doesnt work like that i tried run it on windows vista doesnt work says i need upgrade OS

DX12 work on Windows 7, so dunno what are you talking about

• Like 4
En 25/9/2020 a las 16:02, [DE]Helen dijo:

January 6, 2021 Update:

January 2021 is here! The team planned to end Direct X 10 support this month, but it might stick around a little while longer as these plans are tied to The Great Ensmallening. More info soon! When we have a date set, I'll let you know in this thread.

September 25, 2020:

Changes are coming to Warframe’s Minimum Supported Specs that will affect Tenno running DirectX 10. We hope to give you as much notice as possible!

In 2018, we announced that Warframe’s minimum supported specs were changing with an aim to make full use of the robust capabilities offered by DirectX 11. We want to make sure Warframe’s development is never limited, especially when we consider future DirectX versions. Adding visual features like Deferred Rendering to our ever-evolving game and supporting new optimizations are possible because of these changes!

On top of development and quality motivations, we want to make sure Warframe is stable and secure for players. Graphics-card manufacturers have long-since discontinued driver-updates for DirectX 10-class cards as they focus on more modern hardware. Systems that are up-to-date and supported by the companies that make them meet our security needs.

To these ends, Warframe will be ending DirectX 10 support in January 2021. We’ll continue to keep you posted as we approach this change!

hello, I have a question, my pc has directx 11 installed but the game settings do not give me the options to be able to change from direct 10 to 11 which is the one my pc has, I have been playing warframe for many years and I would not want to leave that game so good, I just want to know how to achieve that change, my pc has the following characteristics. Windows 7 64 bit 8 GB Ram Memory M: YES system model MS-7721 Processor AMD A10-6800K Apu With Radeon HD Graphics (4CPUs), 4.1GHz Direct 11 screen ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series Please I urgently need to know how to modify that, I do not want to leave that game, less now that I am starting to get everything I wanted, I await your response

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SixZKingwolf said:

hello, I have a question, my pc has directx 11 installed but the game settings do not give me the options to be able to change from direct 10 to 11 which is the one my pc has, I have been playing warframe for many years and I would not want to leave that game so good, I just want to know how to achieve that change, my pc has the following characteristics. Windows 7 64 bit 8 GB Ram Memory M: YES system model MS-7721 Processor AMD A10-6800K Apu With Radeon HD Graphics (4CPUs), 4.1GHz Direct 11 screen ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series Please I urgently need to know how to modify that, I do not want to leave that game, less now that I am starting to get everything I wanted, I await your response

Radeon HD 4800 series dont support DX11

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, SixZKingwolf said:

the detail is that my pc has directx 11, and in the specifications it says so.

You can have DX 11 as software support by your operating system, but thats not hardware support which us crucial in this case

• Like 3
14 часов назад, SixZKingwolf сказал:

Wrote to you that your video card is not supported by Directx 11, you should download GPU-Z and there it will show you in DirectX Support what level of Directx your video card supports, and your video card supports a maximum of Directx 10.1, time to buy a new PC. Sorry for my english.

Edited by KIBERMAX
  • Like 1
On 2021-01-06 at 7:03 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Great ! i didn't have the time to look for a second hand card to upgrade my spare pc at the end of last year ! 

15 hours ago, SixZKingwolf said:

your APU (the graphic card in your CPU) is direct x 11 compatible but your main graphic card (4800 series) that you use to play warframe does not. I have a hd 4890 and i need to upgrade too.

2 hours ago, KIBERMAX said:

time to buy a new PC. Sorry for my english.

he can just change his main graphic card for a newer second hand. The 4800 series is quite old and for a few buck he probably can find a cheap second hand direct x 11 compatible.

• Like 1

nice, I have seen this just now as you only give 3-months notice (though made TBA) for a technology discontinuation that possibly make you lose most of your players making them unable to play anymore. go on and make yourself a small community.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, yilmazdurmaz said:

nice, I have seen this just now as you only give 3-months notice (though made TBA) for a technology discontinuation that possibly make you lose most of your players making them unable to play anymore. go on and make yourself a small community.

Ahaha, DX 10 is dead almost for a decade, so is perfectly reasonable that DE stop supporting it either

Edited by Myscho
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Myscho said:

Ahaha, DX 10 is dead almost for a decade, so is perfectly reasonable that DE stop supporting it either

It is not about when dx10 started, it is about when dx11 become popular among publicly available display cards. thinking about the dates you assume every display card used to play warframe are master of art dx15(!) supporters.

but even dx12 was around long enough, few years ago dx11 cards was not that this much popular. I wish amd and nvidia adopted dx11 widely as soon as it came out. that s why dx9 lived a long life.  In fact I would rather removing dx10 but still keeping dx9.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, yilmazdurmaz said:

It is not about when dx10 started, it is about when dx11 become popular among publicly available display cards

Sadly its not about popularity, but about software locking, they just artificially lock support for lower version DX to force you buy new hardware etc, dont expect DE rebuild whole engine to run only on DX11 or 12

Edited by Myscho
  • Like 1
Le 25/09/2020 à 16:02, [DE]Helen a dit :

January 6, 2021 Update:

September 25, 2020:

Changes are coming to Warframe’s Minimum Supported Specs that will affect Tenno running DirectX 10. We hope to give you as much notice as possible!

In 2018, we announced that Warframe’s minimum supported specs were changing with an aim to make full use of the robust capabilities offered by DirectX 11. We want to make sure Warframe’s development is never limited, especially when we consider future DirectX versions. Adding visual features like Deferred Rendering to our ever-evolving game and supporting new optimizations are possible because of these changes!

On top of development and quality motivations, we want to make sure Warframe is stable and secure for players. Graphics-card manufacturers have long-since discontinued driver-updates for DirectX 10-class cards as they focus on more modern hardware. Systems that are up-to-date and supported by the companies that make them meet our security needs.

To these ends, Warframe will be ending DirectX 10 support in January 2021. We’ll continue to keep you posted as we approach this change!

7 years playing this game :( see you later T_T

• Like 1

Ye was also looking for the date to be announced and now i just found out by trying to login.

Btw anyone here knows a website or something that can help you find out if a certain graphic card fits your pc? Dont wanna buy a new one only for it not fitting :P. Just gonna buy a cheap one with directx11, also if it helps i currently have "nvidia geforce gtx 260".

Thanks ;)

• Like 1
il y a 2 minutes, Esagvere a dit :

‎Está bien, eso es raro. Según dxidiag mi PC tiene DirectX 11, sin embargo Warframe muestra el mensaje sobre DirectX 10 ya no es compatible y no puedo actualizar.‎

‎dxdiag sólo leer la versión compatible en su PC, utilizar z-cpu ‎

No entiendo, comprobé el Directx de mi pc y tengo el 12, que se supone es el ultimo, sin embargo el launch del juego no me lo reconoce y no me deja lanzar el juego... que paso? que puedo hacer?

* I do not understand, I checked the Directx of my pc and I have 12, which is supposed to be the last, however the launch of the game does not recognize it and it does not let me launch the game ... what happened? What I can do?

DX10 was removed today with the launch of Ensmallening Part 3: Mesh Accuracy + Sound Fidelity. We apologize for not having given a specific date sooner. Our team is watching the PC build closely today to make sure any bugs that might appear are quickly squashed!

With this change, Warframe’s official minimum specs are now:

• Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit (32-bit not supported)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)
  • Graphics: DirectX 11+ compatible video card
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
  • Internet: Broadband Internet Connection
  • Like 5
  • [DE]Helen changed the title to PSA: Warframe DirectX 10 Support Ended
  • [DE]Helen unfeatured and unpinned this topic