Helminth Subsume Combos — the Obvious & Inobvious

With our ability to subsume a crap ton of Warframes and graft abilities onto other Warframes, what are some of your combos?

I'll start:

• Mesa + Banish (Limbo) = Banish Mesa. Banishing a defence target is one thing, but if you and a buddy both have a Banish Mesa, you banish each other, then go to town with Regulators.

• Excalibur + Banish, Khora + Banish, Titania + Banish. Actually, any Warframe with a killer ability should try to see if the Rift can better their lives.

• Ivara and Loki with Perspicacity = Lazy hacker spy-frame. Usually use this for spy vaults, because I'm lazy now.

• Limbo + Infested Mobility = Infested mobility is basically Volt's speed up on any other Warframe, because Volt's subsumed ability sucks butt. Limbo, in Rift, speeds through what you don't bother to bullet jump past.

• Hildryn + Rebuild Shields. For the times when you don't have enemies around to strip shields and armor from. IDK why, but it rebuilds it decently.

• Nova (Variable Speed_ + Empower. Someone either on r/Warframe or here wanted to do a variable speed Nova — you default to quickening enemies without Energy Conversion, but you slow enemies if you have it active so you have a choice (note that the Polarization for variable speed conflicts with minimaxxing Nova for SloVa or SpeedVa). With Empower, I believe you can make the speed variation even greater and you will have differing levels of speed possible.

• Vauban + Dispensary = Engineer Vauban. Because honestly, even with ½ duration of Protea's kit, it's still better than the photon artillery blast.

• Nekros + Well of Life or Blood Altar with Despoil. Basically giving Nekros the ability to Desecrate with a source for health regeneration. I never played Trinity (and don't plan to), so I have no idea if Well of Life is a better choice than Blood Altar, but I know you can create multiple altars that overlap with their AOE and your health regen is boosted quite a bit. I usually add Equilibrium to my loot (support only) build.

• Any Warframe with Exalted weapons + Xata's Whisper. Not sure if this was intended, but Xata's Whisper on Mesa's Regulators turns Sentient armor into wet tissue at a snot party.
  • Like 7

Banish Loki. He is now the perfect frame for rescue with this. Also Banish + Decoy to troll enemy a.i, or just use banish to troll in pubs 🤣🤣

Quiver Octavia, now I can be invisible without obliterating my hand tea bagging to the beat.

Dispensary Wisp, because why have some buffs when you can have ALL THE BUFFS 🤣🤣

Pull on a high-Range Sonic Fracture Banshee. Glorious push & pull madness.

Radial Blind on Ash. Even with slightly negative range, still plenty good for Melee funzies, and even some Squad protection.

Thermal Sunder on Volt. For he is the Avatar, master of all elements.

Mind Control on a max Duration Nova. Yay ~90 seconds Eximus buddies. (I just wish the M Prime debuff was wiped upon applying MC.)

Larva on a high-Range, low-Duration & max-Efficiency Grendel. Snag, snack, let's roll.

• Like 1

Despoil nekros with hp regen is ewwwww.  Take off despoil and equip spectrosiphon with spectrorage.  Now you still have endless energy for desecrate but so does your entire team.

Rest on Valkyr, now you are a true spooderman.  Swing from lines and web those bad guys!

Vaubaun Vector pad + Mag pull.  Welcome to the ragdoll olympics.

Energized Munitions + Wisp.  Automatic weapons go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt.

• Like 1

Put Breach Surge on Hildryn instead of Balefire, now i just spam breach and blazing pillage with Haven up and watch enemies melt

Pillage or rebuild shields for Harrow isn't a bad option after you use penance

Put Warcry on my Inaros,

Gave Khora Thermal Sunder, and I find it fun to combo with Strangledome.

• Like 2

resonator khora, im trying this out today, but the idea is to charm enemies into ur strangledome for an even more effective range dome. Also the resonator has a bigger effective range than listen since the ai's first priority is to move to enemies that arent charmed, then its 2nd priority is to go to you, so with 42 meters itll try to move to enemies outside and itll grab even more enemies. 

Atlas + Blood Altar

"What's the point of putting a healing ability on a Warframe that can already heal?" Well, not only do I think Atlas's healing capabilities are lackluster, but I'm not focusing on the healing per se. Rather, the fact that the affected enemy can still be hit for the Melee combo counter (for extra Landslide damage), allowing me to build it easily without having to worry too much about enemies attacking me.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Scruffel said:

Atlas + Blood Altar

"What's the point of putting a healing ability on a Warframe that can already heal?" Well, not only do I think Atlas's healing capabilities are lackluster, but I'm not focusing on the healing per se. Rather, the fact that the affected enemy can still be hit for the Melee combo counter (for extra Landslide damage), allowing me to build it easily without having to worry too much about enemies attacking me.

wait blood altar can build combo counter? that could eliminate a need for naramon on stat stick frames... 

Nekros + resonator = kill things peacefully
Nekros + thermal sunder = laugh like a madman

******warning F word used in the next phrase******
if i want to use the Necramech to commit the crime of having fun

mesa + dispensary wisp to recharge energy of the Nekramech and also use mesa in case the Necramech can't keep up with the bounty mission
trinity + dispensary wisp to recharge energy and HP of the Nekramech (health orbs from dispensary wisp don't heal Necramechs)

i use others too for normal missions and farming purposes but i don't want those combinations nerfed so i will not write them

22 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

"Something something DE Nerfbait"

Yeah, I'm not telling. They're watching.

if DE is watching and their response is to nerf then they didnt want us to enjoy helminth system in first place kekw

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, ZetekP said:

if DE is watching and their response is to nerf then they didnt want us to enjoy helminth system in first place kekw

Yes that is true.

You need to realize that this is a free-to-play/pay-to-not-suck game.

That means there's an inherent motivation for DE to make some aspects of the player experience suck, to encourage us to Pay and bypass those things.

A good example of this would be when last year they tried to change Loot/Grind mechanics, so that only one looter warframe in the squad could trigger drops. -can't have players getting their rewards that easy, gotta nerf it so they have a reason to Buy the rewards directly instead. Thankfully player outrage made them retract it, but you can see that the relationship is often adversarial.

• Like 1

Hildryn: Swap 4 for Elemental Ward(Lightning), shield costs send out the reflect damage and reaches 3k shields without any mods(besides strength), haven't found content that it doesn't destroy(infested can be annoying though), Blind Rage for efficiency reduction make Pillage cost ~250 Shield, and with 300% str, ward multiplies that by ~30x for a 7.5k electric bolt with a ~75% status chance. Not to mention enemies are stripped of armor and shield and Balefire hits for 100k+ dmg a shot(plus another ward bolt per shot)

Alternativly: Swap 4 for Smite(Oberon), Now after stripping enemies you can spam smite to clear(it does max hp damage), can have more trouble unless your using mod slots for max shield.

Vauban: Swap 3 for Eclipse, Increases your nailgun(Flechette Mine) damage for some reason, even with lowish power strength nailguns start hitting for 100k plus and can last long enough to clear entire defense waves without you enemies escaping their spawn points.

Protea: Best candidate for Roar, Swap the 4 and cast when your passive is charged... that's it, she's already stupidly strong.

Day Equinox: Swap 1 with Empower, allowed maxing Provoke Bonus by saving a mod slot for augs, range, etc...

Nekros: Swap 1 for Petrify(+Ore Gaze), Yo dawg heard you like loot. PS Ore Gaze Scales with Power Strength so have to remod for that if you weren't using it. And Synth Fiber allows you to pick up Health Orbs without losing health so you can remove Despoil if you do it right.

Anyone:

~Nourish(Grendel) is pretty overlooked imo, It's toxic lash and gives a ton of one of (if not THE) most used damage types, and provides a heal that scales decently (And its not counted in that list of abilities that increase damage even though Xaku is a fraction the buff, doesn't buff your allies, and meh dmg type)

~Pillage(Hildryn) restores shields and shreds defenses, why choose between Defense and Offense

~Spectrosiphon(Gara) actually fairly decent CC if it's backed by some range, add the augment and blue ball your whole team.

~Decoy(Loki) acts as PseudoCC?, more importantly can add it's augment(s) for survivability. PS savior has a 60 sec CD, but Deceptive can give 50% dmg reduction if you can find somewhere to hide it. EDIT: After double checking Deceptive works oddly(scales with power strength, but has an effective range?) might need to test it out a bit

Edited by Neur0breed
  • Like 2
On 2020-09-26 at 6:48 AM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Hildryn + Rebuild Shields. For the times when you don't have enemies around to strip shields and armor from. IDK why, but it rebuilds it decently.

her 2 is spammable and already rebuilds her shields and overshields, if there are no enemies then shields shouldn't be down! even if they are down should be recharging on their own pretty quickly! imo would be the worst ability for hildryn if it weren't for some infested enemies being just health!

anyway ideals...

Ivatea. (ivara + dispenser)

don't even need to run a super high efficiency build and still stay in stealth forever with constant energy orb generation and never run out of arrows for your completely silent bow

nezinity full support (you never go full support?) nezha + trinity

using the warding halo mod to allow you put dr on players combined with either garuda or trinitys heal for a full healing package nezha maybe? (I know his 2 generates health orbs but those don't heal objectives!)

breachwhatever

just like the guile theme it goes with anything

Edited by _Anise_
1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

her 2 is spammable and already rebuilds her shields and overshields, if there are no enemies then shields shouldn't be down! even if they are down should be recharging on their own pretty quickly! imo would be the worst ability for hildryn if it weren't for some infested enemies being just health!

I almost never die as Hildryn (exception would be Toxin / Viral / Gas proc) but since I have sacrificed a Protea, Dispenser might help.

• Like 1
On 2020-09-26 at 3:18 PM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Any Warframe with Exalted weapons + Xata's Whisper. Not sure if this was intended, but Xata's Whisper on Mesa's Regulators turns Sentient armor into wet tissue at a snot party.

dammit, you said it

MARKED FOR NERF

Recently tried saryn with resonator, it works PERFECTLY, and since long durations you can run blind rage, to get max range and 200% strength which is pretty pog, its like the infestation evolved to infect their mental state as well, mindlessly walking into the plague. I shall call it, Plague Siren Saryn. 

Hildryn with rebuild shields is awesome. I play mostly solo and I don’t need her useless 3. And rebuild shield is nice thing to quickly get back into combat if enemy destroyed your shields. Also... Full restore shields while using 4... Why not?

On 2020-09-27 at 12:31 AM, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Yes that is true.

You need to realize that this is a free-to-play/pay-to-not-suck game.

That means there's an inherent motivation for DE to make some aspects of the player experience suck, to encourage us to Pay and bypass those things.

A good example of this would be when last year they tried to change Loot/Grind mechanics, so that only one looter warframe in the squad could trigger drops. -can't have players getting their rewards that easy, gotta nerf it so they have a reason to Buy the rewards directly instead. Thankfully player outrage made them retract it, but you can see that the relationship is often adversarial.

How would nerfing helminth combinations encourage players to buy stuff?

On 2020-09-26 at 1:54 PM, ZetekP said:

wait blood altar can build combo counter? that could eliminate a need for naramon on stat stick frames... 

You can still damage the Blood Alter unit without killing it. Easiest way to complete that riven challenge for having a high melee combo for 30 seconds.

I'll have Pull on my Khora. High Range to snag those bastards into the web.