Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Subsume Combos — the Obvious & Inobvious

UUDDLRLRBA_START

7 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

How would nerfing helminth combinations encourage players to buy stuff?

Simple example:

Suppose a combo makes a boss fight that is normally a major grind for a certain item Trivial

and this is an item that a large proportion of players would have otherwise bought off Market to skip that grind

On 2020-09-27 at 2:50 AM, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

"Something something DE Nerfbait"

Yeah, I'm not telling. They're watching.

good strategy 
but it will keep it only for a little more time...there is no escape from the unnecessarily strong nerf hammer...khora "khuh" mains "khuh"

This is a combo i havent seen anyone talk about:

Grendel + ivara quiver.

Go max duration, almost min range, quiver augment.

Shoot cloak arrow on enemy and eat them, low range help so you only get the target you want. Now the bubble will follow you! 

On 2020-09-26 at 3:07 AM, Butterfly85 said:

Dispensary Wisp, because why have some buffs when you can have ALL THE BUFFS 🤣🤣

Yes! That was my crazy combo I did once I finished all the urgent ones.

There is no real logic to giving Wisp dispensary. But I was like hell let her become the ultimate
"drop it likes hot queen"

On 2020-10-05 at 4:00 PM, Taxen0 said:

This is a combo i havent seen anyone talk about:

Grendel + ivara quiver.

Go max duration, almost min range, quiver augment.

Shoot cloak arrow on enemy and eat them, low range help so you only get the target you want. Now the bubble will follow you! 

Nice. I'm going to try that.

Shield of Shadows (Nekros)+ Smite infusion(Smite)
your shadows can proc radiation on everything (as if there wasnt already enough cannon fodder on top of the DR) and now they can also deal a decent amount of damage even on steel path level content if you have enough power strength

Hydroid+Ensnare
simply cast ensnare>wait for enemies to chunk up>press 3>let S#&$ die>win

Elemental Ward+Hildryn
blue energy colour for electric will not only increase your shields further but also shock enemies who try to attack you so you never even lose those shields

7 hours ago, HelNite said:

Elemental Ward+Hildryn
blue energy colour for electric will not only increase your shields further but also shock enemies who try to attack you so you never even lose those shields

Yeah - someone mentioned this; gotta do the runs for the Chroma parts though. This is my next short-term farming project.

Frost + ensnare. 

Infused with khora ensnare, frost achieves a new way of game play. Snow globe has a hidden feature: true damage. When casting snow globe on an enemy, it will violently push em, and if they hit a wall, it deals I think 50% of health damage bypassing any way of damage reduction, thus true damage. Combine it with loads of stacks of viral + ensnare, jump on top of the grouped enemies, cast your snow globe, and watch em shatter.

That is one way to use ensnare. Credits to Ludens for discovering this method.

Or you can use it like me, with 250 power str, group with ensnare, rip armor with avalanche and delete em with weapon of choice.

9 hours ago, HelNite said:

Shield of Shadows (Nekros)+ Smite infusion(Smite)
your shadows can proc radiation on everything (as if there wasnt already enough cannon fodder on top of the DR) and now they can also deal a decent amount of damage even on steel path level content if you have enough power strength

ggxGUaT.gif

Nuke or Capacitance Volt + Fireblast -  Now even the high level Grineer fear Discharge!  Plus Fire Blast is quick and can protect you during Discharge's longish cast time.

Speed Volt + Infested Mobility -  Gotta go fast!   Shame you can't also have Fire Walker

Saryn with Reave, replacing Molt. Not much of a difference gameplay wise, but it frees a mod slot that I used for Regenerative Molt for something else.

Mag with Eclipse, replacing Pull-  Damage reduction or damage buff depending on the position and environment. While it is a bit unpredictable I like the buff

Nekros with Xata's Whisper, replacing Soul Punch. Since Nekros deals most of his damage via weapons the buff is appreciated

Inaros with Smite replacing Sandstorm. I wish Sandstorm would be more useful, but as it stands anything is better. Smite offers some damage, CC and with Smite Infusion a weapon damage buff

Ember with Rest and Rage, replacing Fireball. Making them more vulnerable to damage before nuking them with Fire Blast and Inferno.

Chroma with Fire Blast replacing Spectral Scream, the armor reduction is nice and blast slams enemies to the ground.

On 2020-10-11 at 10:46 AM, Yakhul said:

Frost + ensnare. 

Infused with khora ensnare, frost achieves a new way of game play. Snow globe has a hidden feature: true damage. When casting snow globe on an enemy, it will violently push em, and if they hit a wall, it deals I think 50% of health damage bypassing any way of damage reduction, thus true damage. Combine it with loads of stacks of viral + ensnare, jump on top of the grouped enemies, cast your snow globe, and watch em shatter.

Or you can use it like me, with 250 power str, group with ensnare, rip armor with avalanche and delete em with weapon of choice.

That sounds neat. Still trying to figure out the Nekros + Smite combination.

On 2020-10-11 at 6:46 PM, Yakhul said:

Frost + ensnare. 

You watched one of the most popular YouTube creators and even quoted him verbatim in your post and are trying to pass this off as if your "friend discovered this". Lmfao

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Reason said:

You watched one of the most popular YouTube creators and even quoted him verbatim in your post and are trying to pass this off as if your "friend discovered this". Lmfao

You can't really credit one single person for discovering an in game mechanic like this. Ludens did put out a video on that build like 2 months ago though. 

It's not a new mechanic in game either. It's been around for a long time it just one shots now with the recent change to viral. The helminth system also made it a lot easier to group enemies. 

I planned on making a variation of the build using Grendel's Nourish to mass proc viral with frost's 4 but it only frosts 1 combines to make viral damage for some reason. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)Reason said:

He didn't say anything about a friend, nor did it sound like he was even talking about any acquaintance. He just said "credit goes to". He stated it exactly right. Would you rather he just posted a link to the video? He gave a short description, followed by the name of the youtuber he got it from...

13 hours ago, (NSW)Reason said:

Ohh? When did i said Ludens was my friend? Also, if you talk about whos popular and who isn't, im sure you are probably thinking about KnightmareFrame who also made a video on Frost, AND he credited Ludens for the build.

When did i ever said that this mechanic was "new"?? Matter of fact, i will quote myself:

On 2020-10-11 at 12:46 PM, Yakhul said:

Snow globe has a hidden feature: true damage.

People like me KNOW this existed since way before helminth, but maybe some people still dont know about it? The ability tooltip does not say ANYTHING about Snow Globe having True Damage. Is something we have to discover ourselves or check the wiki. Have you thought about that? or your head is so narrow that you can only see how to try to mock me? Helminth just made it even more evident that this is exist, and even more so, the way viral works, it didnt work like this before the status changes, hence, why i say "new" because lets admit it, who plays Frost nowadays when you have Limbo? I hate that top hat nightmare, but i admit he is a better defense frame than Frost.

So next time you try and cherry pick my reply, don't put words into my mouth. I simply did what anyone else would do, which is to give credit to the person who put out the info first. If there was someone who previously put the information of True damage out there for everyone to see, i would like to know who they are to give credits too, but as to who put the combo of Frost + Ensnare out there, that to my knowledge was Ludens, therefore, i credit him.

And if there was someone else who did this before Ludens, then you will have to excuse my lack of knowledge and information.

Here's bad combo: Limbo + Larva (nidus) 

Reason: larva doesnt work on mobs in stasis. Also it sometimes derps and deosnt grab half the targets that arent affected by stasis (tried on infested)

Good combo:

Trinity/Oberon + rawr (rhino) = probably the most sought out frames for eidolon farming these days :P 

Archived