Helminth Subsume Combos — the Obvious & Inobvious

My favories so far:

Mesa+Pillage: more tanky and armoe strip

Wisp+Warcry: not necessary, but more melee speed and armor increase

Xaku+Pull: aside from greedy pull being great for farming, it solves the low range on their 2. Also incredibly fun to play, just pull the enemies and your guns kill them.

Gauss+Energised Munitions: great on max duration instead of his 3. Use with the acceltra (also pretty good on Mirage)

Gauss+Reave: this one isn't that useful, but it's interesting. You can Mach Rush then Reave and it turns you invulnerable+heals you. It could be used as a panic button. Havent tried it in missions yet.

Fire Walk + Gauss/Xaku/Ember: I'm a bit surprised how good Fire Walker is, but maybe I haven't used Nezha enough.

Khora + Spectrosiphon: I saw someone use this combo for energy, and it works better on Khora than on Gara since she can just kill all the enemies with her whip

Dispensory + Equilibrium + Synth Fiber: works on any frame you build for decent duration, tons of energy

Trinity+Pillage: because I want my Trinity to be even more tanky

On 2020-09-25 at 10:48 PM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

• Mesa + Banish (Limbo) = Banish Mesa. Banishing a defence target is one thing, but if you and a buddy both have a Banish Mesa, you banish each other, then go to town with Regulators.

When using normal Limbo, you can't be in the Rift and pull an ally into the Rift with you -- meaning two Limbo's can't Banish each other, one of them can Banish the other but then has to Rift Shift himself. 

Does Subsumed Banish work different?

• Like 1

What i tried so far:

Protea with Breach surge replacing her 4: Combining her 1 & 2 with Breach surge makes it relatively easy to clear incoming mobs

Octavia with Pillage to replace her 2: Handy for long survival

Ember with Breach Surge to replace her 1: increase dps

Inaros with Reave to replace his 3: Mostly for Profit taker and a faster way to replenish his health after his 4

Titania with Shooting Gallery to replace her 3: Even harder to hit...

Loki with Rest and rage (night) /Radial Blind to replace his 4: Mostly QoL when running rescue to ignore mobs on the way

Mag with Xaku Whisper to replace her 1: Higher dmg output with her 2 (in combination with Exergis or Basmu)

Mag with Breach Surge to replace her 1: Increase DPS opportunity with her 2, 3 and 4

Xaku with Greedy Pull to replace his 3: Mostly for material farm in OpenWorld

Excal/Umbra with Warcry to replace his 1: Mostly for the att speed

Baruuk with Pillage to replace his 1: More survivability

Considering:

Oberon with Roar to replace his 1: For Eidolon run

Ivara with Dispensary to replace her 2: Non-stop Enery supply for Prowl

Khora with Greedy Pull to replace her 3: Mostly for material farming

Tried but not to satisfactory:

Saryn with Smite: Was hoping the smite will burst spore with her 3 active to help with spread further but no luck unless you specifically aim at the spore and cast smite

Emer with Fire Walker to replace her 1: You can simply activate her passive with 1 click of her 3, so fire walker seems redundant.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

When using normal Limbo, you can't be in the Rift and pull an ally into the Rift with you -- meaning two Limbo's can't Banish each other, one of them can Banish the other but then has to Rift Shift himself. 

Does Subsumed Banish work different?

No idea. I'm the only one playing a Banish Mesa whenever I am online.

Im liking Mag with fireblast to replace polarize. Armor strip, heal and CC. So now i can get shields with crush, and health with fireblast. It's one of my favorite subsume abilities.

I like Oberon with the pet revive ability. Its not the most efficient, but sometimes i like to go with theme over meta. If you use pets, its actually a decent QoL ability. An immortal pet also draws decent agro sometimes and use their abilities often. 

Volt with the tesla balls and augment is also fun and within theme. The balls provide a bit of shocking CC and with the augment, becomes a mini nuke against corpus and infested (grinner armor seem unaffected for some reason)

Im most dissappointed in elemental Ward. I was really hoping to make a few thematic changes- but i cant find a genuine use for the ability. Maybe im using it wrong. 

on a side note, i hate using abilities like Roar and Warcry because theyre so audible. I wish they wouldve removed that part. I cringe everytime i see Excal go from a howl to a rwaarr

my new fav. combo is gara with pull.

i call it the lazy blender build.

why run around slicing bad guys up with your glass cloud and searching for energy orbs when you can make them come to you? and you usually get energy from it to boot...and with arcane energize....almost limitless energy for spamming. it also works if you use mass vitrify first....youll get some protection from the wall, and the bad guys still get pulled through it into your splinter storm.

i put pull on hydroid for lazy undertow also....now you can sit there and drown errbody at once instead of waiting for them to run over to you or grabbing them 1 by 1 with tentacles. use with pilfering swarm for x-tra fun.

but garas lazy blender is waaaaay better.

i havent tried yet with the greedy pull augment...ill try to fit it on somewhere. especially for gara who nukes rooms.....even more endless energy.

:edit:

so yeah...on gara...i replaced streamline with greedy pull...its so much better. the efficiency you loose is more than made up for by collecting every energy orb in the room. so the tactic goes...splinter storm - mass vitrify - shattered lash - pull - grofit. rinse and repeat the last 4 steps until the mission is over. you get energy almost every time you use pull...and if you have a maxed arcane energize....youll never run out.

Edited by cha0sWyrM

I should note that a Nekros player mentioned this one — any time you need to level and Archgun or if you need it (for Profit-taker for example), slap on Dispenser for your build and the Archgun Cooldown item (or was it universal ammo / heavy ammo) may occasionally pop-up and allow you to continue firing as long as the Dispenser is active.

A clan mate also asked about Energized Munitions on an Archgun — I wasn't able to try it, but that's an interesting possibility.

I think these are obvious:

• Gauss + Energized Munitions (replace Thermal Sunder) + Soma Prime/Hata-Satya... works OK I guess? Everything dies too quickly to notice.
    • Energized Munitions + Gauss' insane fire rate + Hata-Satya lets Gauss abuse Soma Prime without needing to reload often (prevents losing buff)... but everything dies too quickly anyway!
  • Khora + Dispensary (replace Venari)... another energy redundancy for Naramon Khora in ESO and Steel Path where Energy Pads cannot be spammed.
    • I still recommend you carry something like Rakta Dark Dagger in case you don't have enough energy to cast Dispensary!
    • Keep Venari on one Config since healing defense objectives is still sometimes useful.
    • Infused abilities are config slot-bound. Swapping configurations does not swap infusions... very useful!

On 2020-10-22 at 10:34 PM, nslay said:

I think these are obvious:

• Gauss + Energized Munitions (replace Thermal Sunder) + Soma Prime/Hata-Satya... works OK I guess? Everything dies too quickly to notice.
    • Energized Munitions + Gauss' insane fire rate + Hata-Satya lets Gauss abuse Soma Prime without needing to reload often (prevents losing buff)... but everything dies too quickly anyway!
  • Khora + Dispensary (replace Venari)... another energy redundancy for Naramon Khora in ESO and Steel Path where Energy Pads cannot be spammed.
    • I still recommend you carry something like Rakta Dark Dagger in case you don't have enough energy to cast Dispensary!
    • Keep Venari on one Config since healing defense objectives is still sometimes useful.
    • Infused abilities are config slot-bound. Swapping configurations does not swap infusions... very useful!

Tried the munitions with Wisp's haste mote as well but I have a Gauss I can try that out. I prefer Kitguns though.

BTW I dont think you can command Venari if you replace the 3rd ability of Khora. So it defaults to ATTACK.

And I don't get what you mean by infused abilities are slot bound.

18 minutes ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

BTW I dont think you can command Venari if you replace the 3rd ability of Khora. So it defaults to ATTACK.

Nope, you definitely can't command Venari... not that you would need to in ESO or Survival. I kept Config A with Venari for those rare missions where I absolutely need to use Venari to heal defensive objectives. Or maybe one day I might want to use the Venari Bodyguard augment and be able to instantly revive Venari!

But yeah... the biggest loss is more that since you cannot access Venari, you cannot instantly revive it (for some enegry) when it inevitably dies. Venari and Helios are key to my energy economy! They both sport Synth mods.

22 minutes ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

And I don't get what you mean by infused abilities are slot bound.

So let's say you have Config A named "Normal", Config B named "Loot" and Config C named "Melee". Now suppose you infuse Dispensary over Venari only for "Loot" and "Melee". That means Venari is still an ability on the "Normal" config. So these configurations are ordered: Normal, Loot, Melee.

Say you want to use Venari with the "Melee" config (which has Dispensary). Instead of having to re-mod the Normal config, you can just swap Melee with Normal in the game's UI.

So now it's ordered: Melee, Loot, Normal

"Melee" now has access to Venari and "Normal" has Dispensary. So the game associates infusion by the slot/position of the configuration... not by the name of the configuration! The first config slot has Venari, the second and third have Dispensary and this is completely independent of swapping configurations or renaming them or anything like that.

Makes more sense?

I've totally replaced Harrow's Condemn with Pillage. A bit more painful to get Shields against Infested (not even true with Deimos units), but totally awesome against anything else. Sure I lost the CC, but those shields...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-10-25 at 9:39 PM, nslay said:

Nope, you definitely can't command Venari... not that you would need to in ESO or Survival. I kept Config A with Venari for those rare missions where I absolutely need to use Venari to heal defensive objectives. Or maybe one day I might want to use the Venari Bodyguard augment and be able to instantly revive Venari!But yeah... the biggest loss is more that since you cannot access Venari, you cannot instantly revive it (for some enegry) when it inevitably dies. Venari and Helios are key to my energy economy! They both sport Synth mods.

Venari and Helios - I don't get it. Also not getting the insta-rez.

Venari Bodyguard protects just Khora from lethal damage (Venari vanishes instead of your Warframe dying).

On 2020-10-25 at 9:39 PM, nslay said:

So let's say you have Config A named "Normal", Config B named "Loot" and Config C named "Melee". Now suppose you infuse Dispensary over Venari only for "Loot" and "Melee". That means Venari is still an ability on the "Normal" config. So these configurations are ordered: Normal, Loot, Melee.

Say you want to use Venari with the "Melee" config (which has Dispensary). Instead of having to re-mod the Normal config, you can just swap Melee with Normal in the game's UI.

So now it's ordered: Melee, Loot, Normal

"Melee" now has access to Venari and "Normal" has Dispensary. So the game associates infusion by the slot/position of the configuration... not by the name of the configuration! The first config slot has Venari, the second and third have Dispensary and this is completely independent of swapping configurations or renaming them or anything like that.

Makes more sense?

I get it. The infused ability goes on a Config Slot under a specific Loadout Slot, even if you swap out a Warframe or something.

I wonder if the ability gets deleted if the Loadout Slot is deleted.

On 2020-10-26 at 7:34 AM, Chewarette said:

I've totally replaced Harrow's Condemn with Pillage. A bit more painful to get Shields against Infested (not even true with Deimos units), but totally awesome against anything else. Sure I lost the CC, but those shields...

Harrow is one of those Warframes I don't both to mess with. Says a lot about some other Warframes.

1 minute ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Venari and Helios - I don't get it. Also not getting the insta-rez.

Venari and Helios can both equip Synth Deconstruct and Synth Fiber and spread Synth Deconstruct's effect around via Swipe or Gas damage. Obviously you don't have a choice for Venari (even if you infuse on top of it) but you can pick any other pet to accompany you and accomplish the same. But Helios can equip the Gladiator mods with its exclusive Deconstructor melee weapon which can benefit your Whipclaw (it is inconsistent at times). But yes, Helios and Venari are an excellent pair.

I don't make a habit of dying with Khora (one of those inconsistent times when Gladiator mods on Helios' weapon stop working). The only time I would find benefit for Venari Bodyguard is with Arbitrations where a small mistake can be an instant and permanent failure. Anywhere else? Not really that great of an augment... you have 6 revives, and you will almost never die (she has all that great CC to stay alive)... It's wasted mod slot for an augment I (and probably also you) almost never need.

One thing that I found out that works really well is Fire Walker on Gauss. Even though the speed doesnt scale with strength compared to Molt etc. the duration clocks in perfectly with #2 and #4 while also providing free heat procs as you mow through the mobs, which in turn allows all of your Thermal Sunder cold attacks to inflict the extra blast damage and remove armor on all those burning targets.

On 2020-11-05 at 4:29 AM, SneakyErvin said:

One thing that I found out that works really well is Fire Walker on Gauss. Even though the speed doesnt scale with strength compared to Molt etc. the duration clocks in perfectly with #2 and #4 while also providing free heat procs as you mow through the mobs, which in turn allows all of your Thermal Sunder cold attacks to inflict the extra blast damage and remove armor on all those burning targets.

Nice. Still need to do Disruption for Gauss #2 — currently stuck trying to farm Harrow again.

On 2020-11-04 at 7:00 PM, nslay said:

Venari and Helios can both equip Synth Deconstruct and Synth Fiber and spread Synth Deconstruct's effect around via Swipe or Gas damage. Obviously you don't have a choice for Venari (even if you infuse on top of it) but you can pick any other pet to accompany you and accomplish the same. But Helios can equip the Gladiator mods with its exclusive Deconstructor melee weapon which can benefit your Whipclaw (it is inconsistent at times). But yes, Helios and Venari are an excellent pair.

I don't make a habit of dying with Khora (one of those inconsistent times when Gladiator mods on Helios' weapon stop working). The only time I would find benefit for Venari Bodyguard is with Arbitrations where a small mistake can be an instant and permanent failure. Anywhere else? Not really that great of an augment... you have 6 revives, and you will almost never die (she has all that great CC to stay alive)... It's wasted mod slot for an augment I (and probably also you) almost never need.

Ah gotcha. So the mods on Helios' Decontructor add to the mods on your melee for Khora's Whipclaw? I didn't know that.

On 2020-10-19 at 12:50 PM, greiff said:

Khora with Greedy Pull to replace her 3: Mostly for material farming

I replaced her 1 to make her more playable for me. Her whip requires a target, and I didn't want to lose her cat, cage, or snare. Greedy Pull also serves double duty as it not only pulls enemies into her net, but also grabs loot, which will trigger my R5 [Arcane Eruption].

For that matter, I use Pull on a lot of frames to make them more playable as well as grabbing loot. Works in Index, but not Arbitration. Can work in Nyx's toggle-state (TS) Marble or Hydroid's Undertow, but not during Banshee's Pulsebomb or Mesa's Peacewalker. (Sorry, the correct names elude me atm.)

Edited by (PSN)Raven-Ghosthawk

Nekros+Condemn (Harrow)

You gain shields on command. You freeze enemies on command. You use Terror on chained up jokers. Shoot/melee. Profit. This has been my go to set for a little bit now and it really works well if you wanna solo with Nekros in SP.

My favorite so far has been repelling bastille Vauban with spectorage (spectrosiphon) helminthed on to him.  I then use a heavy attack stropha on the big bundle of mobs and get infinite energy.

Bonus points when I play with my friend and his Protea cannon build :D

On 2020-11-05 at 3:46 AM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

I get it. The infused ability goes on a Config Slot under a specific Loadout Slot, even if you swap out a Warframe or something.

No you don't get it :P

Subsumed abilities go to specific Warframe Config slots, period. It has nothing to do with Loadouts.