Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem With Melee

Kolos1001

The problem I have with melee isn't the animations or charge vs attack spam. It's knockdowns and staggers. How can melee be viable at higher levels when nearly everything will stagger you or knock you down if you get close? The only way around this would be trinity's link ability...or a super laggy host. 

The new animations from the livestream look really cool and they give me a dynasty warriors feel. But I think they will go to waste because there's a more fundamental problem of when you get close, heavies will just knock you over. Rollers will stagger and are fairly difficult to even hit with melee. Railgun moas will stagger you. 

I hope this problem gets noticed and addressed.

mayb the new combos will have stagger and knock down resistant? heavy wepons swings have a stagger resistant so mayb combo moves will have it aswell

I hope so. 

There are mods to deal with knockdown. Also depending on the weapon you can knockdown the heavy first, or kill them before they knock you down.

1v1 it's easy but how often does that happen? Also the mods are more RNG I believe otherwise it just reduces how long you are down for which helps a little but you can still get stun locked easily. 

There are mods to deal with knockdown. Also depending on the weapon you can knockdown the heavy first, or kill them before they knock you down.

Yes, we should fill up our suit with mods that do nothing except reduce knockdown and ect,

have fun dying on any high level mission. 

I hope so. 

1v1 it's easy but how often does that happen? Also the mods are more RNG I believe otherwise it just reduces how long you are down for which helps a little but you can still get stun locked easily. 

I constantly run in the middle of multiple heavies and take them all on. Even level 100+.

This works better with some frames than others but doesn't change the fact it still works.

I constantly run in the middle of multiple heavies and take them all on. Even level 100+.

This works better with some frames than others but doesn't change the fact it still works.

So you can only use melee if you are a trinity, rhino or what..Ash? I'm not sure of the functionality with loki because of the sentinel. Edited by Kolos1001

So you can only use melee if you are a trinity, rhino or what..Ash? I'm not sure of the functionality with loki because of the sentinel.

Ash

Loki

Excal

Rhino

Trinity

Nova

Ember

Frost

Mag

Vauban

Nyx

Nekros

Most of the frames that with some formaing and well made mod set ups can use something to their advantage to allow the use of melee.

Ash

Loki

Excal

Rhino

Trinity

Nova

Ember

Frost

Mag

Vauban

Nyx

Nekros

Most of the frames that with some formaing and well made mod set ups can use something to their advantage to allow the use of melee.

So you have to center your entire build around melee in order to even use it. Amazing functionality. I think the concept is going over your head so...yea...

So you have to center your entire build around melee in order to even use it. Amazing functionality. I think the concept is going over your head so...yea...

Nothing in that post that says it's centered around melee.

Not all frames need the forma or need a lot of mods to help, as I said, easier for some than others.

I don't think DE ever meant for us to be able to use the best of everything we have all at once, that's why we have options for loadouts.

I'm only trying to state that melee is viable for a lot more frames than people think.