Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe/mod that gives increasong damage while you don't shoot

Doraz_

My pc is not potato anymore ...

but my mind still is (and my body).

So, currently both regarding status application and damage burst, increasing fire rate is the usual  buff to choose.

Unfortunately, every time i pick gauss to achieve that, i hear my gpu goinf into overclock xD

and thay is using deferred as well, that should simplify light calculations.

plus, even without projectiles and effects, the weapon still spawns more bullets and all the jazz that surrounds those (hit detection, effects, sending/recieving info to/from host).

So why not implement a way to reward slower firing guns, by giving a damage buff and status chanc buff until fired, that resets when firing?

if it is given to a frame, as an ability, would fit into a stealth slow paced, tactical kinda frame (thinking of flak or zero from borderlands).

I would appreciate if that ability was chose to be on the helminth so i would put it on other frames as well.

You can already do that.

It's called Void Strike.

But it restricts you into one focus school.

Still viable when you play slow Nova with a sniper that has the Sharpshooter mod equipped.

A mod like this could be interesting, but wouldn't it just become the meta option for slow rof weapons? Unless there was an extra prerequisite to trigger the effect, like Acolyte mods. (which aren't even Acolyte mods anymore)

I was thinking about giving slow firing status Bows/Snipers, like the Daikyu innate multiprocs btw..

16 minutes ago, kgabor said:

You can already do that.

It's called Void Strike.

But it restricts you into one focus school.

Still viable when you play slow Nova with a sniper that has the Sharpshooter mod equipped.

A mod like this could be interesting, but wouldn't it just become the meta option for slow rof weapons? Unless there was an extra prerequisite to trigger the effect, like Acolyte mods. (which aren't even Acolyte mods anymore)

I was thinking about giving slow firing status Bows/Snipers, like the Daikyu innate multiprocs btw..

I'm a zenurik baby so it's the first time i heard of that school :3

That's pretty cool, i'd still want it to have nothing to do with kiddo tho.

Meta-wise, it already exists ... and it's the same build for all weapons.

It would be better in my eyes with new and powerful mods like the ones we are talking about, as you are incentivized in building different kinds of weapons in different ways.

Multi-procs wise, that was my hope as well :D

When the multishot mod for the Marelok "shrapnel rounds" was released, i thought they realized there was a problem and gave us a tool to fight it with all similar weapons ... but no, it's just the marelok.

As DE is scared (i assume, as I would be as well) to implement a game-wide change, maybe it's a good mechanic far a special up-coming weapon (?)

:carefully optimistic clem:

4 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Seems Redundant

slower firing weapons are already typically balanced to have higher damage per shot vs bullet hoses. that's the same old firerateVsdamage trope that most games use.

if the mod gives FLAT crit chance and status chance it fixes "status per second" issue and enable burst damage without using fire rate!

plus, currently fire rate is usually the better choice for both slow and fast weapons ... now more than ever with protea giving infinite ammo.

in addition, paired with a Jakobs-like "shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger" gun-play would be more enjoyable.

Melee is getting the attention, and that's fine ( although we're still at melee 2.99999...) ... but as void status bubble don't target headshot by defaut  and flying speed is exclusive to zephyr and rivens (stock mods feel too weak), modding and experimenting with guns is usually very limited.

Consideringalso that Redeemer and Stropha are basically the best guns in the game xD  ... not good in my opinion

( related discussion ended in either an altered +damage mod or entirely new heat mechanic)

Archived