Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xaku Build/Guide Using Empower Instead of Xata's Whisper

withinmyself

gbaC1eO.png

I've left off the Arcanes because there really aren't any frame specific Arcanes that benefit Xaku too much.  So use whatever Arcanes you like using.  I'd also like to mention that, like the title of this post states, I am using Empower over Xata's Whisper (1).  Empower gives your frame 50% more Ability Strength for the Ability that is cast next.  There's no time limit or anything like that.  Just run it and it waits for your next cast.  If you try to cast it again, it tells you that the ability is currently in use. 

I don't have any Health/Shield/Armor Mods.  I'm also not using Adaptation on this build.  Xaku's passive is a 25% Damage Reduction and 25% Dodge Chance.  The Dodge Chance raises to 75% when The Vast Untime (4) is active.  This Dodge Chance reacts to AoE, Weapon Fire and even Melee.   The reason I don't use Adaptation is that you need to actually get hit for Adaptation to do anything.  I consistently take the least amount of damage in most squads I am in.  The same thing happens when I'm playing Solo.

You need just enough Duration to consistently keep The Vast Untime active.  At 128% I get just over 30 seconds which is plenty of time to use Energizing Dash or whatever your preferred energy solution is so you can have enough energy to re-cast Xaku's 4 when the timer runs out.  While this ability is running it pauses the duration counters on every other ability.  When this ability stops running, those timers continue where they left off.  So you can keep everything running just by re-casting The Vast Untime.  But you don't always just want to spam that ability over and over.  And even though it seems beneficial to just max out your duration, you don't want to do that either.  There's more to it that I'll get into later.

Range is the most important stat on Xaku.  Every single ability benefits from Range especially Grasp of Lohk (2).  This ability allows you to rip weapons out of the arms of enemies and adds them to your own set of floating weapons that fires back on enemies.  The more Range you have, the more enemies you can target to pull weapons from which results in having more floating next to you.  Having higher Range also allows you to strip weapons from enemies who are further away which makes it easier to hit whatever your max is.     

Range also has a huge impact on The Lost(3) and The Vast Untime(4) which I talk about in more detail below.

With Efficiency, you could probably get away with just using a Primed Flow or just using a Flow with Streamline or just using a Streamline.  I tried all of them and landed on Primed Flow with Streamline.  I'd just put Fleeting on Xaku but it would be too much of a hit on my Duration

Ability Strength is the reason I'm using Empower(1).  Here are before and after Empower on all my abilities.

bb5Bblq.png

srW3tJe.png

Grasp of Lohk(2)

This ability allows you to rip weapons out of the hands of enemies so you can float them alongside yourself and use them yourself.  When you recast this it simply tries again.  It doesn't get more guns.  You have to try to get your max in one cast.   If there aren't enough enemies then you'll have less weapons.  This abilities max amount of weapons is pulled from Range. 

There is Void Damage associated with this that does grow with more ability strength but that is not where this ability gets its power.  If you pull a weapon from a LVL50 Enemy then you have a LVL50 Weapon.  And you actually get whatever weapon they have so this ability looks different all the time depending on who you're fighting.  Although from what I can tell you don't inherit any innate status traits. 

I said earlier that you don't just want to keep using The Vast Untime over and over again to try and keep everything running forever.  This is one of those reasons.  If you pull the weapons from enemies in round 1 Defense and you still have those same weapons when you get to Round 5 then you won't be keeping up with the enemies as they scale.  But if you pull new weapons in round 5,  you'll have stronger weapons that match up better with this round of enemies.  And you don't have to wait for the timer to run out.  You can recast this anytime you want.

As far as I can tell, this scales infinitely.  I spawned LVL160 Eximus in my Simulacrum, took their weapons and was able to kill them with this ability alone.  Armor can definitely slow you down but I'm about to tell you how you can easily fix that by using The Lost(3)

The Lost(3) *cycle through 3 different abilities - Gaze, Accuse, Deny

Xaku's ability Gaze which is one of three abilities associated with The Lost has 100% Defense Reduction when you use Empower right before it.  Which means 100% stripped armor and 100% destroyed shields.  The way this ability works is that you target one enemy and it gets locked down (Similar to how Khora's Ensnare looks and feels like).  A visible ring will appear around the enemy you locked down.  The size is based off Range.   After running Empower with the build I have posted, any enemy inside that area will have 100% Defense Reduction.  You can make two of these (Maximum of 2) to cover more ground and you can freeze the duration using The Vast Untime.

Xaku's ability Accuse can turn enemies into allies who will fight with you.  They can be killed but frame abilities will not target them.   I'm pretty sure frame abilities can't kill them at all.  Sort of like Arbitration Drones.  After I run Empower my max goes from 14 to 18 enemies that can be controlled.   The radius is how large of an area you try to pull enemies from.   This is one of the abilities that you don't really want super high Duration on.   You can't recast this until either the timer runs out or all of your thralls are dead.   So if you end up going to a different area like maybe Mobile Defense and 1 Thrall gets left behind then you'll have to wait until the

Xaku's ability Deny is a void status sniper beam basically. It's not strong enough to rely on it for much but the best part about it is that enemies nearby that are not killed will be suspended in the air during the allotted duration which could be a super long time if  you want it to be.  (I use this ability the least - It's just not necessary unless you're fighting a really high level enemy or boss.)

The Vast Untime(4)

This ability does 4 things. 

• Causes an explosion that deals Void damage.  Any enemy hit from this shrapnel will be more susceptible to Void Damage.  (Meaning Grasp of Lohk does more damage) Shrapnel somehow even effects enemies through walls.  This initial blast is strong enough for some light Crowd Control as well. 
  • Increases your Dodge Chance from 25% to 75%
  • Increases your base frame speed (Not sure how it's calculated - It slows everything else down resulting in you going faster)
  • Freezes all Ability Duration Timers while active

In order to use The Lost abilities effectiviely you'll need to use these abilities before using Grasp of Lohk because you won't be able to get close enough to enemies without killing them. Although the reach on all 3 Lost abilities is really long and doesn't appear to pull from Range.  I think as long as you can see the enemy you can cast on it.  But it's better, in my opinion, to use Lost first so you have more control over where you want to use it at.  Once Grasp of Lohk starts going it's pretty difficult to get close to any enemies at all.

That's the end of my short Xaku build/guide.  I hope someone learned something.  Xaku really is an amazing frame.  Let me know if anyone has any questions, thoughts, ideas, complaints, disagreements, etc.  I'm sure I forgot something important.  I have no problem having discussions about Xaku and I'm always up for any and all constructive criticism.  Thanks for reading!!  Looking forward to your responses!!

2 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

maybe DE buff xatas? I hope...

I didn't play Xata before they made the changes like a week or two after it was released but in its current state, I think Xata is one of the best frames in the game.   I've been taking most kills in Arbitration, soloing a few Steel Path missions.... I did 8 rounds of ESO by myself with Xata... and that was before I finished my build really... I h aven't gone back since I've added a few t hings AND put Empower on it.  

Honestly, this build is kind of meh in my opinion. You are sacrificing a whole lot for that extra range and compensating for that with empower. Ping ponging like that can be really detrimental.

Transient fortitude and umbral intensify alone gives you 99% power strength. 99.5%  armor stripping should be more than enough for most situations. If you replace the other power boosting mods and overextended you can replace flow with R3 fleeting expertise for 170% power efficiency, which cuts the energy cost to less than half of your current build.  This leaves you with 3 slots open for augur reach, cunning drift and possibly augur message if you don't want any vitality. You'd end up with 199 strength, 190 range, 170 efficiency and over 100 duration I believe with your first ability slot now not needing empower. Maybe condemn or pillage to reset shield gating? 77% the range, but no empower needed, and either half the energy costs or the same with a large energy pool and a 40% longer duration. Also no primed sure footed, so you can get killed easily by knockdown, which can be aggravating and also precludes high aoe weapon usage.

19 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

adding rolling guard instead of augur secrets might be good, since you only need 200% for gaze to 100% defense strip and you get 50% from empower, but its your build and if you're ok with no survivability mods then all the power to you

That's not a bad idea

I really dislike this build. Looks like a pretty convoluted pile of mess because you don't have arcane enegize probably.

- bad exilus

- why continuity

- 0 survivability mechanic. Soft shield gate from 1 augur mods are not enough

Advices:

- fit in brief respite and in 1-2 more augur mods(I think xaku shields gate with augur 4 and brief respite but I don't care doing the maths) and 2 others in your pistol (no augur concord)

- you play a caster frame with 200 power strengh requirement, either you drop range or efficiency to deal with it or you play another frame

- you don't need over 100% duration on that frame

5 hours ago, Galuf said:

-snip-

I play all the frames.  See this is why I stopped posting on here.  I just wanted to share and get some opinions.  I wasn't trying to argue with anyone or say that your frame sucks.  I even asked for a discussion and constructive criticism.

sigh...ok

• What exilus would you use?
  •  Continuity to make up for transient to make up for overextended which has been pointed out thats a bad way to go about doing things.
  • 75% Dodge Chance does pretty damn good
  • meh on brief respite - I just don't want to build for shields 
  • Defense Reduction at 100% isn't the only thing that uses ability strength but I take your point on that.
  • I want over 100% duration

These are very fair responses to your post.  If you want to converse about this I'm all about it but if you come back with more insults then I'm done.

Thanks for the feedback

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Replace empower. It provides no benefit you cannot achieve with normal modding on Xaku.

Breech surge or resonator will provide far more benefit depending on build.

I've tried a few.  Still playing around really.  Trust me.  Empower was the last thing I wanted to put on this build.  So .. anything more than 200% ability strength is pointless?  I'm literally asking.  Does the extra Void Damage on Xaku's  2 help at all? or not really....                                                                                                        

4 hours ago, withinmyself said:

-snip-

So for exilus, imho you can't really put a buff mod(like this one of the range one). I often keep 16 points in my build to fit primed surefooted but at the end of the day, either you put mobilize(5 points), or save 12 points(because of the good parkour mods) or 16 to fit anything. Parkour speed is the goto in most situations.

75% evasion and AoE reduction is nice but, even if wf mechanics are a bit convoluted it doesn't really fit in any trend. Either you play with Carnis set and shield gating to push the evasion to its limit or full cast using a dodge vulpaera or you completly forget about it because it has 0 form of reliability after a point.

Then on a last note I really suggest you to read the shield gating page of the wiki, it is the only way of making Xaku suffeciently tanky in SP, providing you get a way to be status immune as well. Pre SP, even for kuva liches you can build "them"(lol) armor life adaption or even shield + adaption and it would work well enough.

https://overframe.gg/build/78539/xaku/damage-cheesing-xaku/

I made that before xaku last patch and haven't really played since then. I think Carnis carapace is the way to go tho.

3 minutes ago, Galuf said:

75% evasion and AoE reduction is nice but, even if wf mechanics are a bit convoluted it doesn't really fit in any trend. Either you play with Carnis set and shield gating to push the evasion to its limit or full cast using a dodge vulpaera or you completly forget about it because it has 0 form of reliability after a point.

Then on a last note I really suggest you to read the shield gating page of the wiki, it is the only way of making Xaku suffeciently tanky in SP, providing you get a way to be status immune as well. Pre SP, even for kuva liches you can build "them"(lol) armor life adaption or even shield + adaption and it would work well enough.

I will read that.  I actually left Warfame right when shield gating came out and I never really learned anything about it and sort of even forgot it was a thing.  Someone suggested Rolling Guard which would solve any status proc issues.  Especially with infested.  I'll definitely read up on shield gating.  Thanks!

49 minutes ago, withinmyself said:

Does the extra Void Damage on Xaku's  2 help at all? or not really....   

in my experience, past the 200% mark no. once you can strip all defense the damage from Grasp can often one shot even in steel path, or rip in at most 3-4 shots. considering 16 guns all firing at once is not a long time at all. Vast untime doubles that damage, combining all 3 already allows everything in engagement range of the guns to be killed in seconds.

Surge can proc off individual shots, 16x per second increasing damage even more than empower alone can. Resonator can CC well enough with the rest of Xakus kit that any defense mods become useless.

Personally i find that Empower is best when used in a build that would otherwise has less than 100% power Str.. a max range ember for example can use Empower to get normal overheat damage reduction despite not having any strength mods. same with vauban, you can build max range and use empower to make up the differance. even these situations are not as benefical to most other subsumes, things like Spectro Rage with its augment and such.

2 hours ago, Deadoon said:

Honestly, this build is kind of meh in my opinion. You are sacrificing a whole lot for that extra range and compensating for that with empower. Ping ponging like that can be really detrimental.

Transient fortitude and umbral intensify alone gives you 99% power strength. 99.5%  armor stripping should be more than enough for most situations. If you replace the other power boosting mods and overextended you can replace flow with R3 fleeting expertise for 170% power efficiency, which cuts the energy cost to less than half of your current build.  This leaves you with 3 slots open for augur reach, cunning drift and possibly augur message if you don't want any vitality. You'd end up with 199 strength, 190 range, 170 efficiency and over 100 duration I believe with your first ability slot now not needing empower. Maybe condemn or pillage to reset shield gating? 77% the range, but no empower needed, and either half the energy costs or the same with a large energy pool and a 40% longer duration. Also no primed sure footed, so you can get killed easily by knockdown, which can be aggravating and also precludes high aoe weapon usage.

That last 1% of 0.5% of shields still triggers a gate

This is a great idea for not having to spend so much into strength for the 100% strip, getting much higher range on it, and then freezing the time solid with Xaku’s 4.

Good job OP

Though, I’m going to try this without power drift, streamline, and augur secrets.

id put on umbral vitality, primed sure footed, augur reach, and brief respite aura.

gate tank with a decaying dragon key which synergizes amazingly well with Xaku’s 4.

arcane energize would keep you topped off enough to keep his 4 up permanently and with a decent health buffer and knockdown immunity, gate tanking while skeletal should be fairly easy.

Thanks for the responses everyone.  As far as Prime Sure Footed goes, I use Negate with Wyrm Prime which is my solution for this problem and works really well. 

I wasn't too familiar with how shield gating worked so I've been looking into that and trying a few new things out with Brief Respite as my Aura. 

My main reason for using Empower was to try and get the absolute most range I could get while still getting 200% strength and I thought going over would be beneficial but after hearing from a few of you it seems that 200% is the sweet spot.  Not only for 100% Defense Reduction but for a suitable amount of damage when using Grasp and for the base Void Damage explosion when using Xaku's 4.  As well as having a decent amount of thralls by using Accuse. 

I am certain that I want to have between 14-16 Targets to pull from with Xakus 2 so Range is still my highest priority. 

Thanks for the discussion!! 

I'd never be able to get into the build since The Lost is just a horrible skill. So for now or for forever, depending on if they change that skill or not, I'll run Fire Blast for a respectable, reliable armor reduaction to make use of 1, 2 and 4. If The Lost wasnt so clunky I would see myself replacing Whisper for something else.

I also really dislike empower since it is a slow preperation skill cast.

5 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

Better idea.

DE rework Xata so it's not a rip-off of Saryn's most lazy and uninspired ability. Bad enough they phoned it in on Saryn, but making another ultra-generic weapon buff in 2020 is inexcusable.

It’d actually be really good subsume for sentient missions, if the void status proc didn’t protect sentients.

Every shot strips sentient Adaptation. But bullet attractor (void status proc) puts a bubble on them that pulls the projectiles to their core.

And many sentients have hollow cores... basically the void status proc on some sentients gives them a protective bubble shield.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Hokibukisa:

Are ya’ll trolling? You’re replacing the lost?

That’s like replacing Nekros desecrate. 10/10 if troll

Because they can, so much for a Warframes identity, it is odd anyway how you can only use a specific power consumed yet can replace anything else. Shouldn't you be able to only replace what you can take?

This system is just crap stil and ruins future reworks if we even getting any now at all, since if something is crap now you can just repalce it, right?

I still refuse to play since Deimos honestly, not touched the Quest since its release, this whole Update turned me off considering them repeating the same mistakes over and over on top with there "open world" attempt. Goddamnit it is no open world, i wish DE and others would stop using this term, it is a big empty map, open worl would mean NPC and eventual players living there.

But people get blinded by this fancy new "system" which will be abandoned like focus back then, wanna bet? This is not variety, this is enforcing builds due meta, another slapped on system and mode like Railjack, Lichs, Focus, the list goes on.

27 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Because they can, so much for a Warframes identity, it is odd anyway how you can only use a specific power consumed yet can replace anything else. Shouldn't you be able to only replace what you can take?

This system is just crap stil and ruins future reworks if we even getting any now at all, since if something is crap now you can just repalce it, right?

I still refuse to play since Deimos honestly, not touched the Quest since its release, this whole Update turned me off considering them repeating the same mistakes over and over on top with there "open world" attempt. Goddamnit it is no open world, i wish DE and others would stop using this term, it is a big empty map, open worl would mean NPC and eventual players living there.

But people get blinded by this fancy new "system" which will be abandoned like focus back then, wanna bet? This is not variety, this is enforcing builds due meta, another slapped on system and mode like Railjack, Lichs, Focus, the list goes on.

Player Choice 2021. Deal with it. People don’t like the system , Some people do. 
somebody saying they would not use empower but Op does. That’s uniqueness whether you like it or not 

7 hours ago, (PS4)GingyGreen said:

Better idea.

DE rework Xata so it's not a rip-off of Saryn's most lazy and uninspired ability. Bad enough they phoned it in on Saryn, but making another ultra-generic weapon buff in 2020 is inexcusable.

For the past couple years frames been piggy backing off of each other. 
this is not new.

keyword is Tweak it’s not getting a em rework of a lot of frames won’t.

if you thinking anything is getting a rework continue to feel like this 

Archived