Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time gated Prime mods are dumb

Fukoshi

8 minutes ago, Voltage said:

It was still a question of how long, people just felt entitled to it without consideration for other people. This thread is going the same route in the reserve direction. It's hilarious really. You would think everyone would want changes to the game that make the game better but also acknowledge time investment and try and respect them, but it's quite the opposite.

"Just because you spent a lot of time doesn't mean everyone else should" is the most overused argument to dismiss other people's feedback on grind in this game.

DE put it in baro because of what the problems it's existence and potential return could cause. This was a mod that had sales in excess of 100k plat. They said it would return eventually, but it would be a challenge to get. Baro having it was probably the best way to solve the problem it presented with the least collateral possible. 

Like I said, I don't think you understand what primed chamber really meant. And by that I mean the consequences it actually presented on competitive events and general community to a degree. It became the epitome of an elitism trophy. There is a reason that events and alerts have become a whole lot less competitive over the years. Now they are a lot more open and inviting, older ones to get the top rewards basically shoehorned players into playing ways they may not have liked just so they could potentially get a reward that may never come again or may take years before it returns.

Anyone can get the login rewards, primed chamber before baro was basically either playing the stream lottery or buying it from someone that got it in either a bug or old event.

2 hours ago, Fukoshi said:

I didn't say baro shouldn't sell them, I only talk about the login reward Primed mods and how time gating them is stupid.

My mistake then, I thought just in general as a Timed Gated, cuz in a way, Baro is time gated

He only brings Primed Mods that are set to an day and it can be weeks to a year that he brings back the mod or item you need.

It really sucks for DE cause you know changing anything just upsets a new crowd of people. With strong opinions on both sides, there is no winning. They've already tried to alleviate this issue a bit by providing choices so you can get particular mods sooner, but you know there were people upset about that. People were all "Grr, I got this at day 900 and people can get it at 400 now?". Unfortunately, the bigger the change the more people there are who will be upset by it so its less likely for something to happen like Baro selling them. Perhaps if there was an influx of new players big enough, then the tides would turn and the primed mods would be easier to get.

I've already gotten them all but I really don't care if more people have access to it. They give the daily tribute system meaning though. Other rewards could work but swapping them out now is kinda trouble.

Primed sure footed is tough to go without.

Part of what makes it so good is having not had it, and remembering what life was like before primed sure footed.

Those of us with primed sure footed are boarding the ships to leave these lands. While looking backwards while boarding, I feel both pity for those who can be knocked down, and joy for those of us sailing to the lands of no more knockdowns.

I wouldn’t mind making them more accessible if people who already got them immediately got something that no one would say no to, like one umbra forma per mod they’ve received. Umbra forma would also be a decent replacement for the log in rewards for the mods. That way people with them can instantly get 3 umbra forma and new players wouldn’t feel like they had no chance to the umbra forma. People who have them will also be rewarded by not having to do whatever abysmal farm they get put in. 

The only problem I can see is figuring out who should have the mods and get the replacement reward right away. People can sell them so people who shouldn’t have them will have them. People can also pick rewards and get them at different times so you can’t give stuff to people with a certain amount of daily log ins. 

Eh, the only mod i even use out of the three is Primed Fury and i could replace it with other options, like Quickening, Berserker, Arcane Strike, Volt Speed (if i'm playing solo), Valkyr's War Cry with Eternal War.

It's really just a QoL mod.

The others are rather niche, some AR-s without innate punchthrough might have an use for Primed Shred, but that's about it.

I find Primed Sure Footed to be a waste of a mod slot tbh..

But there's a reason many of us wanted DE to discontinoue the practice of putting mods/weapons behing the login system, the way it is right now is still reasonable though.

Two years of waiting for content that is niche at best isn't that serious of drawback to be a real problem.

Even the login weapons aren't that good, except maybe Zenistar (and yet you need a specific setup for combos that actively gimps your other options to make it work), the only one i don't have yet because i'm lazy to log in is the Sigma and Octantis and i don't remember anyone calling that overpowered either.

5 hours ago, Fukoshi said:

Alright, let's say, they are not a "necessity" but a good quality of life improvement, and really good mods, what reason should there be for them to be time gated? Should we get every single prime mod time gated the same way because they are not a necessity?

EDIT: I'm not saying these should be handed out "free" just make them take less time, like 100K standing syndicate time, 5-7 days each, not 200 days each.

I don't see why it's even a remotely good idea to lock certain mods behind a stupidly long waiting game.

The weapons? They are okay. Cosmetics? 100% Agree on them. Everything else can stay the same, maybe add more "Prestige cosmetics", some actually flashy stuff.

Stuff like Primed Fury, Primed Shred, Primed Sure Footed, are an actual necessity  good QoL improvements, making certain guns/frames viable. Make them endgame items, like make steel path nodes give you some kind of currency and you can buy them from there, but it cannot stay as is.

EDIT: Some obvious stuff thats gonna get posted again and again, if I don't put it here.

I didn't say baro shouldn't sell them, I only talk about the login reward Primed mods and how time gating them is stupid.

Primed Fury:

Literally any single weapon in the game that's not Crit based; Finisher speed is based on the modded weapon speed

Primed Shred:

Any weapon that requires fire rate, bows, burst weapons, low dps weapons, with the extra punch through you can actually kills stuff, and not require every weapon to do 100k DMG/shot to be viable

Primed Sure Footed:

Any weak, low armor frame without survivalibility abilities, that could die if it gets knocked down/riplined

Who CARES? I'm sorry that you logged in 800 days to get every mod in the game possible, not everyone has that time and don't want to wait 3 years for it, because it's stupid.

Hello Fukoshi and welcome to the forum.

Primed Fury, Vigor, Shred and Sure Footed are not considered to be part of the common mods collection. They were conceived to be fidelity rewards and to awards players who choose to spend a considerable amount of time within the game.

The mods even if powerfull are not an actual necessity, since their counterparts are still effective and more than enough to make your arsenal strong. They are, in simple words ,QoL upgrades given to community hardfans.

Now you have a chance to prove your passion for the game as everybody did before you with an additional tool, being able to choose the order in which you will receive the mods (An option that many have not being able to benefit from).

Your frustration is understandable, but changing the way of acquiring the mod would be against what they stand for. Rest assured that the lack of said mods will only result in neglegible inconvenience.   

8 hours ago, Fukoshi said:

Daikyu, Dread, Paris Prime, Zhuge, Nagantaka, Cernos Prime, Opticor+Vandal, Ignis, Ogris, Battacor, Tiberon, Ferrox, Grinlok

These are slow weapons, that need Fire rate, and giving them extra punch through makes them more viable against the "horde" style warframe uses.

As an admitted Bow Connoisseur,  I use Speed Trigger on all of my Bows instead of Primed Shred.  Why you may ask.  Because Speed Trigger costs less mod points, Gives a better fire rate, and bows don't really need more punchthru as they already got more than enough.  

Most of the slow firing weapons you listed would benefit more from Speed Trigger than Primed Shred.  

salt-so-much-salt-.jpg

(None of them is necessity, that line is a blatant lie ... Reading trough the tread all I saw you tring to justify your agenda of getting everyting and NOW, trying to make it look like a bigger deal than it is. These are rewards for returning players for now, deal with it. DE always chickens out and hands everything over to new players on a silver plate anyway, so I guess you just have to be patient either way. Thats how things go usualy. Cheers. )

3 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Pray tell then, how long did it take to get Primed Chamber? If it was a question of how long as you said, then answer it.

However long it takes you to get the amount of Platinum one cost. Luxury mods behind time investment walls. People just like to pick and choose when to respect other players for their investment. Classic Warframe playerbase moment.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Voltage:

However long it takes you to get the amount of Platinum one cost. Luxury mods behind time investment walls. People just like to pick and choose when to respect other players. Classic Warframe playerbase moment.

Why do I get the impression that you had one. Maybe it's because blatant egoism is the only reason I can think of why someone would complain about an item being obtainable for the first time since 2013.

1 minute ago, Krankbert said:

Why do I get the impression that you had one.

I had one in 2017 and sold it because I didn't care for it. Doesn't change the fact I still respect the players who pursued one.

I'm at over 1700 login days. Does this mean I am not allowed to sympathize with OP and explore ways to respect the login days I have while also introducing a steep grind that makes these mods available but still earned?

Gerade eben schrieb Voltage:

I had one in 2017 and sold it because I didn't care for it. Doesn't change the fact I still respect the players who pursued one.

You really have to laugh at the fact that the guy who is whining about "respecting the time investment" obtained his Primed Chamber in 2017, i.e. in a giveaway. Through dumb luck.

3 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

You really have to laugh at the fact that the guy who is whining about "respecting the time investment" obtained his Primed Chamber in 2017, i.e. in a giveaway. Through dumb luck.

I bought one for 25,000 Platinum which was "cheap" at the time.

Gerade eben schrieb Voltage:

I bought one for 25,000 Platinum.

Great, so about a thousand Euros in currency.

I also have to laugh at "respecting login days" as if "gotten into Warframe earlier than others" was some kind of achievement. Great, you have 1700 login days. Hope you didn't break a finger while completing this hard achievement of typing in your password 1700 times.

Primed mods are supposed to be advancements, not necessities. It is too time gated, but it should be partially time gated, players have too much to focus on to be juggling 40k endo every week. 

The log in rewards are worse, but since they have long surpassed 1000 day reward bonus, they should probably just make those tradeable and give players a chance to pick up extra copies every 100 days, that way veterans can circulate more to new players. 

This sure died out pretty quick,i'd thought this would go on for 10 pages,oh well

I just joined it becuase OP wanted an argument,i dont really care about these either way becuase i quited the game a month ago,De will just cave in either way if too many people complain about it and then they will actualy add it in simaris syndicate or something,

Or the opposite happens and everyone objects to it wanting these prime mods that i forgot existed to be daily login exclusives only(which what happened here).

Died out pretty quick, because the obvious trolls can't even read the whole thing and write down stuff that has been already answered.

But the thing is, apart from the pull-in tactics, seems like the majority recognizes, that it's stupid for these to stay like this.(apart from the sad "I had to wait for it, why should the other wouldn't" people.)

21 minutes ago, Fukoshi said:

Died out pretty quick, because the obvious trolls can't even read the whole thing and write down stuff that has been already answered.

But the thing is, apart from the pull-in tactics, seems like the majority recognizes, that it's stupid for these to stay like this.(apart from the sad "I had to wait for it, why should the other wouldn't" people.)

If anyone that disagrees with you is a troll, you don't have a leg to stand on. Legitimate counter points were made, you don't have anything to say back as a counter so you're doubling down to stand your ground. No one is obligated to give you anything, and thinking so makes you entitled.

Troll: 

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community"

Counter argument: 

an argument or set of reasons put forward to oppose an idea or theory developed in another argument.

On 2020-09-27 at 9:28 PM, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

If anyone that disagrees with you is a troll, you don't have a leg to stand on. Legitimate counter points were made, you don't have anything to say back as a counter so you're doubling down to stand your ground. No one is obligated to give you anything, and thinking so makes you entitled.

Troll: 

"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community"

Counter argument: 

an argument or set of reasons put forward to oppose an idea or theory developed in another argument.

The thing is, what counter arguments came out what I have seen:

They are not mandatory: I did say I was wrong, they are not mandatory, I changed the topic after that to reflect it.

DE's Pull-in Tactics: I can see the point of it, I even mentioned, that it could be "remedied" by worthy cosmetics, better rewards in general, just don't include any mods.

BuT I HaD To WaIT fOr iT whY the OtheRs don't: Not word to word, but a lot of the comments were about it, just in different flavors, I find it dumb to answer every single time, this is the ones I "marked" as trolls. (There were also some people who just jumped in the "you are dumb, they are not mandatory because X Y , while the post was edited hours ago, guess they didn't bother to read the whole convo, just wanted to add their own in.). Also the stupid ass pictures that doesn't add anything to the conversation, just want to post something, that could be a troll right?

That's it, maybe I completely missed something, please let me know.

Archived