Floating words as ephemera? (Request)

6 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Oh I can just dream of entering a mission and one teammate has d**k and the other one has c**k floating about them.

Thats why there is profanity filters

Profanity aside, I don't recall seeing plain English anywhere in the game. Grineer, Corpus and Orokin use their own made-up sigils in place of letters, though I believe they still spell out plain English words once you decode the characters. I would personally not be opposed to letting players spell things out in some kind of in-game script.

And no sooner had I said the above than I remember... Railjack ship names are in plain English. I presume there's some profanity filtering keeping me from naming my ship something like the USS ASS or the like (not that I've tried), but it just struck me how... Frikkin' ODD it is to have modern English in a world where that doesn't exist.

1 minute ago, Steel_Rook said:

Profanity aside, I don't recall seeing plain English anywhere in the game. Grineer, Corpus and Orokin use their own made-up sigils in place of letters, though I believe they still spell out plain English words once you decode the characters. I would personally not be opposed to letting players spell things out in some kind of in-game script.

And no sooner had I said the above than I remember... Railjack ship names are in plain English. I presume there's some profanity filtering keeping me from naming my ship something like the USS ASS or the like (not that I've tried), but it just struck me how... Frikkin' ODD it is to have modern English in a world where that doesn't exist.

Well this game is the futuristic version of or own universe, so english in the game doesnt look that strange to me

1 minute ago, Furappi said:

Well this game is the futuristic version of or own universe, so english in the game doesnt look that strange to me

Yes, but can you think of ANY place where English exists outside of the UI? All of the billboards, labels, signs and so on - all of that is written in local script. English text only exists in non-canon places where we actually need it for gameplay purposes. The Railjack ship name is literally the only exception. And thinking about it now - I kind of wish it WERE written in a local script, with a choice between Orokin, Corpus and Grineer ciphers.

2 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Yes, but can you think of ANY place where English exists outside of the UI? All of the billboards, labels, signs and so on - all of that is written in local script. English text only exists in non-canon places where we actually need it for gameplay purposes. The Railjack ship name is literally the only exception. And thinking about it now - I kind of wish it WERE written in a local script, with a choice between Orokin, Corpus and Grineer ciphers.

Anyone in the warframe universe speaks english as a second language, we could think of if is a dead languange, like latim is to us

vor 31 Minuten schrieb -S-O-Vetula_Mortem:

Profanity Filter ever heard of it XD

Sure. And i know ways to ignore these legendary filter. ;) And im not the only one.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Teksorbkyva:

Closest we'll probably get is Orokin / Corpus / Grineer / Ostron / Solaris text floating off our warframe

^ This is a good idea. Not everyone can read it.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Furappi said:

Thats why there is profanity filters

Profanity filter means that we can't write the name "Cassidy" because it contains the word "ass", while you could probably write "Pustulent Masculine Fleshrifle Covering The Enemy In Stug Projectiles".

So, you know, yay. Wanting to bring the profanity filter even more inside of the game isn't an idea that I support, personally.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Omega-ZX said:

Sure. And i know ways to ignore these legendary filter. ;) And im not the only one.

Fair enough. What's your explanation for Railjack names, then? After all, they show text in plain English on the side of our ships, so presumably they'd suffer from exactly the issue you're citing as a deal-breaker.

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

Profanity filter means that we can't write the name "Cassidy" because it contains the word "ass"

Does it? That would be a pretty bad profanity filter, of the kind that I'm pretty sure we stopped using 10 years ago. Do you have reason to believe DE use this style of profanity filter?

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

Does it? That would be a pretty bad profanity filter, of the kind that I'm pretty sure we stopped using 10 years ago. Do you have reason to believe DE use this style of profanity filter?

... dude...

It is not an example I made up. And it is not an example from 10 years ago.

It is from this complaint thread, which is dated May.

3 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

... dude...

It is not an example I made up. And it is not an example from 10 years ago.

It is from this complaint thread, which is dated May.

Huh... OK, that does seem problematic. I went and tried a bunch of Railjack name permutations. Warframe's profanity filter really does appear to use the god-awful late 90s/early 2000s approach of flagging an entire word if a substring from it matches a banned word. It does appear to make exceptions for recognised words, which is why "Assassin" is permitted (despite literally having two asses in it), but apparently the proper name "Cassidy" isn't one of those. That is REALLY bizarre and a definite black mark against DE's quality of service.

Sorry about that. I guess I didn't expect that to be a real thing.

5 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I think a Corpus themed Ephemera where it’s some kind of floating billboard would be cool.

credits floating, literally make it rain